1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tax Obligations and rockets 19 pick from forbes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Feb 15, 2019.

1. jboslett

jboslett Member

Ouch!

Let's hope we can get hot in the playoffs. I still trust CP3 when it counts, even if not over the long haul of a complete NBA season.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

4. dobro1229

Tillman trying to convince everyone its just health.... I'm really not cheap. Sorry but health is a just a cop out. How many open roster spots are there right now?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. Garner

Garner Member

Lmao.....my god.....

6. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

The Rockets’ unsuccessful effort to sign Markieff Morris, a move that would have put them above the tax line again, would support the owner’s argument. Fertitta said other moves this month could have him willingly paying the tax.

“That had no bearing whatsoever on any decision that was made,” Fertitta said. “If we could have gotten another player, somebody we were trying to pick up last week that didn’t work out for us, it would have put us back over. I still don’t know that we’ll be under when it’s all said and done.

amaru likes this.
  7. dobro1229

I keep thinking of that Game Of Thrones line “Any man who has to say I’m the King is no King at all”.

Tillman having to come out and say “I’m not cheap really”.....isn’t too compelling. The roster still has what, three open spots and we got rid of three players WITH draft picks to get rid of them when we technically didn’t need to without anyone else committed to sign.

Tillman can say whatever he wants but the proof is in the pudding. Saying you tried to sign Markieff is an excuse. Every day he lets the roster sit with three open roster spots with a team hobbled with injuries speaks volumes.

snowconeman22 and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Tilman, bro, quit lying. You don't give up *that* many future trade assets without a plan in place to get under the tax line.

Just own it, man.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

OK, this quote actually makes me mad for the players

“I think we all had a magic carpet ride last year,” Fertitta said. “We all want to get back on the magic carpet."
    Um, when you tell the players you are going to #RunItBack, and you don't #RunItBack, doesn't that (using the carpet analogy) rip the magic carpet right out from under them? That team in Oct was *not* ready to play...one could say, they were in free fall.

Morey has brainwashed Tilman into thinking chemistry can be bought with vet minimum deals who rotate out every year, and buyouts added with 25 games left, as long as you have Harden and Paul. DM/TF are the one who believe in magic carpets that you can just throw done and ride.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. amaru

amaru Member

...sigh.. Clutchfans.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This post is so full of troof I have to put in my sig. Preach brotha.