1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Well,
    Cod, thanks for the info--love your analogy. It sounds like Taylor is going to have to step in and make this happen. He loses either way, especially with JB's value moving like my 401K did yesterday. However, JB will be gone and the Wolves can more in whatever direction.

DonKnock and BigShasta like this.
  2. basketballholic

Miami and Houston have a 3-way deal on the table that they want done. Minny wants more out of the deal. Minny wants to cut us out, take the assets going to us in proposed 3-way deal and leave Miami in a worse cap situation. That's why both us and Miami have backed down our original offers for Butler. We're willing to take on salary to get what we want out of this deal, which is a huge key for Miami.

Minny is desperate to find another team that will yield a better trade. They are desperate.

Goran, Gordon, Butler, Kelly, Bam is a legit competitor to Boston in the East. That's what Miami is after.

Miami wants to have Butler and two of jrich, Gordon, Winslow, Goran left after the Butler deal while getting under the luxury tax line. They will do a deal based on those factors. They will not do a deal for Butler that buries them further in the tax with no hope of getting out.

malakas likes this.
  3. rockets13champs

If we are giving Gordon away. What are we getting back? Don’t say Dieng, Winslow. Bc Eric Gordon for that straight up is awful

clutchdabear, luckyman76 and D-rock like this.
  4. xaos

xaos Member

The real solution: Taylor sells the team and the new owner cleans house.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And if Minny keeps Butler, willing to put up with his volatile disposition, they probably squeeze into the playoffs for the second year in a row, and if/when he walks, around $20 million in salary walks with him, right? More than that with a new deal going forward, if he stays. Can they afford 3 max contracts? That's been asked before. Maybe they take a chance on keeping Butler. Paul George wasn't expected to re-up with OKC, but money talked. Of course, Thibs will be hoping that Butler changes his mind and agrees to a max deal with the T-Puppies. Thibs is deluding himself, sure, but it's probably the one scenario that would keep Thibs in Minnie this season and maybe after, not out looking for a job, in my opinion. (Or I could have all that wrong!)

xaos likes this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

#5786 heypartner, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Pat and DonKnock like this.
  7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I love how you piggyback on the real insider's news here and start telling your tall-tales.

And responding to your own BS, classic!

Williamson, topfive and DonKnock like this.
  8. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

i doubt we give gordon without getting butler..

riko, amaru and DonKnock like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Gordon going to Mia and we’d get back who? Your man crush Winslow? Lol...

10. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

It seems like the Timberwolves may not move Butler after all. All of the coaches and Thibs have his back, and seemed to love his intensity in the well publicized practice.

It looks like the issues are that one of Wiggins or KAT was offered an extension instead of Butler, which is why he’s been chirping about the team telling the “truth.” I think that Butler expected his own extension but that it was given to KAT instead.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I thought he was offered an extension a while ago and turned it down?

12. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I want so bad for these two to be on the same team with T H I C C. I want to see those three on the floor at the same time with the fake tough guys in Golden State.

DonKnock likes this.
  13. basketballholic

Winslow, a big contract, and possibly another asset

Or

Goran

Or

Whomever we flip Goran for

Are much more likely than Butler here.

And there is just as likely a chance that Gordon stays and Minny holds Butler until Dec. 15 with legal stuff evolving with the league, Minny, and Butler. It could get much uglier. And it could run into December. Minny is considering it.

Jimmyd182 likes this.
  14. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Rubio is so 2017.

Winslow is the new Rubio fellas.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Why would we want to essentially flip EGo for Goran? EGo has a better TS% and a better contract (cheaper and 2 years vs expensive and 1+1 PO). Plus EGo is 2 years younger.

16. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

Maybe. I’m not sure. I’m just reading between the lines with all of the various reporting.

It seems like Butler is Thibs’ guy and Thibs would rather trade KAT or Wigs but ownership forces him to work with the youngsters. I dunno... just reading between the lines from all the comments.

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough. I remain skeptical that he's as good a defender as Tucker or that he can guard bigger players like Tucker can. Also, he's clearly a nutcase based on recent developments. I'm all good on him.

18. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

He’s not a nutcase. He’s just competitive... it’s just jarring because it’s something that the Timberwolves lack. He wanted KAT or Wigs, the two “stars” to challenge him and they didn’t, which is the root of the problems.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm fine with moving Gordon in the right deal, but for Winslow, one between Dieng/Olynyk/Waiters (if that's what you mean) and a 2nd rounder, there's no way in hell i do that deal if i'm the Rockets.

Same for Goran since i don't see how we could flip him to another team for something better than Winslow...how many teams are looking for a point guard? Suns, Pacers, Pistons, Spurs? Between those teams i see a couple of them as a bad trade partner (Pistons, Spurs) and the others not exactly trilled about giving up young players and/or good picks to get a 32 years old expiring (probably declining) player.

luckyman76 and DonKnock like this.
  20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I absolutely love Tucker, but Butler 4 yrs younger. All Tilman would have to do is commit to fully using his Bird Rights. The dude will re-up for Max, then the Tucker / Butler comparison is one of comparing a decline to prime time.

I fear Cousins making GSW unbeatable this year (regardless), followed by a Tucker decline, probably more than I fear Tilman all of a sudden letting the team dissolve by allowing an LA or NY team to outbid him.

That said, I'm fine with Morey low-balling them and withholding his final offer of adding Tucker, even to the point of missing out on the trade.

#5800 heypartner, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018