1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CF's Fantasy Footy Smack Board 2018-2019

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member

The league is set up and the players have been added to your team. Please check to make sure they are correct, because half way through entering these names, they all start looking alike - especially last names like Smith, Johnson.... Let me know if I need to make any changes.....

Starting lineup - QB, RB, WR, TE, K, 3 RB-WR-TE, DE, LB, DB, 2 DP - needs to be in by gametime each week.

Unfortunately ESPN once the draft is set, does not allow me to make changes - like adding two more bench spots, so we have to make due with only 7. Good news is they did add an IR spot for you to take advantage of. In addition it set up a waiver system and that also cannot be changed, so will need to go with that as well. Good Luck this season...some of you will need it.

Let the smack talking begin................

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Can I add people without blowing my waiver wire priority? Or does it reset weekly? I forget. I drafted anticipating more rounds. Couple that with drafting a player who is out for the season, and I don't even have enough players to start wk1.

3. Rocketball

Me as well, I'm short a couple of starters... I don't believe the waiver wire gets reset each week... ESPN site stinks in that regard, I was unaware, but cannot make any changes once the draft is set, the only way to make changes is to reset everything - guess they don't want commish to manipulate/cheat after the draft is complete.

Good thing for you is you can put McKinnon on the DL and pick up someone immediately to replace him...

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's making me burn a waiver though. McKinnon to the IR doesn't help me, no reason to not just drop him outright. I vote you redo everything again lulz.

5. Rocketball

I mean if you guys really want I could tonight reset the draft, change settings to allow for extra roster spots - but then I have to re-enter each player all over again. Otherwise we fight the way it is set up currently.......

Let's be clear, we said in the 11th or 12th round we were only going to 20 rounds due to time constraints... you think about it, the pickings were getting slim anyways, guys were out of options on their cheatsheets, heck guys were picking players that are currently sitting at home, who are unemployed, just in case they decide to get off the couch... Dez Bryant (instead of picking up roster spots they needed - alcohol will do that to you).

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, re-enter them all. Do it twice for practice.

7. Rocketball

Did I really waste my first pick on "It's all about me" Bell...............

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Great start to the year for you so far.

Glad I dodged that bullet. Yeesh.

Also - I'm willing to help if you want all the picks re-entered.

9. Rocketball

Do you guys really want me to re-enter, just to add another spot or two to the bench........... if I can do that anyways...... What will the ESPN website do if I try to say the draft is complete but only entered 20 of 22 spots for each team, will even let me do that? That's my fear....

If you really want me to, I can try and do it this evening - people then can set lineups tomorrow before the first game...

10. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

Nah. Im good. Cuz i play ziggs week 1. Teehee

moestavern19 likes this.
  11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Serves you right for expecting Aggie to add 2 + 2.

It doesn't matter to me at all I was just offering to help.

Zig gonna get smacked Week 1 anyway. He needs that waiver priority.

Can you not just adjust his roster manually for who he wants to add-drop?

12. Rocketball

That I can do and what I may need to do for Ziggy...

In the end having 7 guys on bench plus 1 IR is enough - those idiots (which is including myself) that decided at the end of the draft instead of filling their rosters, especially when they knew well beforehand that the draft was moved to 20 rounds, and they still decided to get greedy snagging extra RB/WR.... they deserve a butt whooping...

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Mikeylu is ironing out the wrinkles in his wizard robes this weekend. Should be a good one.

14. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Conner is looking like a good 19th round pick at this point. Looks like Bell wants assurances that he's not going to get a heavy workload this year, and I think the Steelers are digging in their heels. The O-line are taking shots. It might go to week 11 at this point, if Bell's biggest goal is to reduce his mileage ahead of 2019 free agency.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If you did re-enter everything, doesn't look like you will, I'd just put random linebackers or DLs into the extra 2 spots for everyone and allow us to drop those bozos ourselves. IR spot seemingly has no advantage in a non-keeper league. Unless we can stash PUP players in it.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

Players who don't want a high work load make no sense to me. But I do understand pay me for the work I'm doing. That i get. Bell likely playing the pr game since last night was ugly.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'll take Bell. He helped lead me to the promise land last year. Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

18. PhiSlammaJamma

We'll I'm f'd. Thank you Rodgers. The only saving grace is that I have Stafford as backup.

19. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

Ill take him from you =]

20. PhiSlammaJamma

Let's all just RELAX. lol. Rodgers, I totally underestimated you. Needed one lousy yard from Amari Cooper to win, did not get it, but luckily that shiotty Raider offense owed me and threw a pick six... and Zuerline kicked my extra point to win.

The fact that Gruden lied about making Cooper the focal point of the offense pisses me off. I'm stuck with that guy all year. They literally checked down all night to Rishard. Almost made me puke.

Won on kicking and defense, what do you know.

#20 PhiSlammaJamma, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018