1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draft Lottery Night Tonight

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 15, 2018.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t even need to see MP play 1 minute. If I’m a GM I will always draft the athletic wing player especially if they can shoot like MP already. Better chance they develop into a player and less chance they are a bust. Worst case they are MKG, solid role player defender.

Best case scenario he develops into players like Tatum, Kawhi, PG, Paul Pierce, Kobe, Tmac, Vince Carter, jimmy Butler, Greek Freak. All those guys were passed over in draft.

Heck even KD got passed over for Oden. I see a very similar situation with Ayton and MP.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

then thats an absolutely terrible GM. enough said

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ayton moves very, very well for a big. That's not a good arument. I saw him keep guards at bay plenty last year, and I watched most of zona's games last year. He does need a little more refining on his footwork fundamentals on the defensive end, but the athleticism is there.

4. lalala902102001

Ayton is a can't miss talent IMO and doesn't have much bust potential. And he fills a need for Phoenix. They'd be stupid to not pick him.

I've read some good things about Doncic but at the end of the day he is a wing player who's not particularly athletic. The risk of him being a bust is much higher.

5. aroundtheblock2

Wow this isn't racist at all. ..

6. BigO

BigO Member

No, i think the risk is that Ayton can be a much better player.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What are your feelings now? Doncic is pulling a Wicky Wubio and talking about staying another season.

Ayton is getting picked number one because If the Gm does he'll get fired. Sarver is known for being a carnival barker. Ayton is a local name with charisma while Doncic is a foreigner with some diva attitude.

9. Raz

Raz Member

Doncic knows for sure that if the Suns don't take him, which I think is unlikely at this point, there's no way Divac is turning him down with the 2nd pick. As a guaranteed top-2 pick you don't stay overseas.

REEKO_HTOWN and Vivi like this.
  10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm not a euro and I think Doncic could go #1. I don't think centers have ever had lower value in the league than they do right now.

da_juice and dmoneybangbang like this.
  11. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I don't know if you can call a diva someone who wants to do what's best for him. Playing one more year in Real where you get all the playing time you want in order to progress and get more experience, VS Sacramento where you could get no more than 10-15 min per game. Not to mention Sacramento is still a terribly run franchise.

I mean, look what Minnesota did to Rubio. He was afraid to shoot until he came into Jazz many years later where coach finally trusts him. It feels like his years with Timbertwolves were a bit wasted. I don't blame Doncic for potentially sitting out this draft so he doesn't end up on a team where he could be heavily mismanaged.

I realize some people may take his move as "diva" move, but as his fan I look from other perspective. Kinda like how Harden's foul drawing is viewed by his fans VS others.

Jontro and Vivi like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I wouldn't blame Doncic at all if he's going to stay in Europe one more year just to avoid the Kings, i'd probably do the same.

da_juice, Koperboy and malakas like this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thank god Suns (AKA prepared to offer Capela the max team) will get Ayton.

Lets hop Mavs/Bulls get Bamba/Carter as well.

Bagley/Jackson are 4's only correct? Will Carter be more of a PF or C? Haven't been paying attention to this draft.

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

netflix needs to release Norm McDonald Live already

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

Doncic should be the number one. Atheltic forward who can handle the ball? Thats money in today's NBA

18. BigO

BigO Member

I'm not sure about Athletic, he is more of James Harden and Manu craftiness player, he has great range, can playmake nicely. His athleticism is pretty average by NBA standards.

19. dmoneybangbang

I would take Doncic if I were the Suns; they need a playmaker and he fits with the way the NBA is going. Ayton most definitely has the higher ceiling but I would roll the dice on Doncic. The Suns have lots of young players, more picks, and lots of cap room so their future is looking bright.

I think ATL or Memphis will be very happy if they get Jaren Jackson.

da_juice likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Anyone watching the next round of PGs, Trae Young and Khyri Thomas? Numbers look promising.