1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick and Morty: Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dmoneybangbang, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Man that last episode was three levels deep.

ghettocheeze and jae713 like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This season got dark.. really dark.

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Why would he want to get caught since him becoming President has already instilled the whole Citadel as his play toy that he could galvanize in which he has already started by offing 'high ranking' ricks.
    Rick is definitely not from C-147 and the Morty we know is not his original. I think it mentioned it in season 1 in some episode(I have to rewatch). I do have a similar theory about Evil Morty being Ricks original Morty though. Him being the smartest and Rickest Rick, couldve had the smartest Morty at one point. The toxic side of Rick always goes on about how dumb Morty is but what if EM was too much of a challenge to him and had to escape that timeline? This show is so damn good.

4. Invisible Fan

^Mind would be blown away if that happened...Mortiest Morty v Rickest Rick.

...or is it Rickest Morty v Rickest Rick?

Rocket River likes this.
  5. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I was referring to when EyePatch Morty went on a Rick killing spree and kidnapped hundreds of Mortys. It was the Citadel episode in Season 1. I think he wanted to be caught so all of the Rickless mortys he the kidnapped would be sent to the citadel and form a lower class.

I mistyped. I meant to type that we believe they are from C-137 which is the dimension our Rick and Morty lived in at the time of the Pilot. It's currently a Cronenberg World. I don't know what the name of their current dimension is.

The only issue with Eye Patch Morty being our Rick's original Morty is that you would think Rick would recognize him when he sees him in season 1. Granted, he's identical to the show's Morty but I think he would still know.

donkeypunch likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

MortRyck!

Rocket River

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Really lake to the party on this but wife and I finally binged through all 3 seasons.

I was thoroughly impressed even with the massive amount of hype I’d heard before I started watching.……

ipaman and CCity Zero like this.
  8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Very enjoyable for sure, the only thing that sucks on some of the hype are the assholes on reddit/McDonalds going a bit overboard. Either not understanding the s.sauce or thinking they're literally Rick and smart... Just enjoy the show. I mean sure mcd's messed up on prep initially but no reason to be assholes to the people doing their jobs at McDonald's of all places

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Dammit, I thought this was a bump because there was news on the 4th season. Thanks @GRENDEL. Back to more waiting now.....

10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I thought they cancelled the show?

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

If only this and GoT...

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

What do you think about quality difference from season 1 to season 3? I think it has dropped off but I watched them as they came out and probably biased.

da_juice likes this.
  13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I really didn’t think there was that much of a fall off from season 1 to 3. Actually I think the storytelling became really dense and more complex as they explored more of the world.

That being said it, it is a different experience watching all 31 episodes in a short amount of time as opposed to live release…..I really didn’t have a ton of time in between episodes to think about them too much……

Rocket River likes this.
  14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

People didn't like season 3 because of the interminable wait.

There was no significant quality drop off.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Definitely no difference in quality, season 3 was great

16. MystikArkitect

They’re making Rick a little OP so they’re going to have to dial it back these upcoming seasons. He’s almost God status right now.

17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I honestly felt like the best episodes were earlier in the series and that season 3 was the worst, but it's a slow decline.

da_juice likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Can't really complain about the quality. Thought s2 had more duds but I haven't rewatched them for years

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I like all the seasons. I just don't like those episodes where they watch space cable. They are unbearable. I'm sure the writers and cast think they're hilarious.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Those 2 episodes were easily the worst episodes in the series, absolute trash. They got rid of it in season 3 and did the Mind Blowers episode, which was one of my favorites.