1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

3. VanityHalfBlack

2015 Seth Rollins showed up last night, lol. Blackout is back! Tonight on facebook live, mixed match challenge kicks off with Balor/Banks vs Nakamura/Natalya.

4. Dave2000

great read, one thing that pisses me off about Raw is they they dedicate almost 30 mins of the 3 hour show to "recaps" of the previous week, some just a recap on what started the show, then they have long ass commercials. Could easily build up another storyline with that extra 30 mins every week.

although I do like them finally pairing Balor Club, they way it happen was dumb and revealed during a backstage interview?

this moment had more pop and Finn didn't say a word

DudeWah likes this.
  5. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

WWE signed Ricochet!

6. Dave2000

so much for surprise Rumble entry, but there is a chance with EC3!

Pretty sure War Machine and Candice LeRae will be announced today also

7. fattz

fattz Member

I hope they put him under a hood. He looks a lot better under a hood.

8. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

That Balor Rollins match was one of the best raw main events

Dave2000 and DudeWah like this.
  9. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

EC3, Ricochet, James Storm, Lashley, Batista, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, DANIEL BRYAN, CM Punk, Kenny Omega..speculation WWE and NJPW have a working partnership with the Jericho/Omega fued.

Lita, Trish Stratus, Michelle McCool, Molly Holly, Beth Phoenix, Ronda Rousey, Nikki Cross, Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Kairi Sane

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Would be great, but...

I don't believe it.

11. Dave2000

Same, I could see the former Impact names appearing, Ricochet would be surprising since they look to hype him up for NXT

It's like last year with everybody wanting Dillinger in as #10, I didn't think they would've done it, but when they did, that was a bad ass pop to hear live at that crap of a place called the Alamodome

12. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

You guys still think WWE is entertaining compared to the past?

I heard they cant even hit each other with steel chairs anymore... And they removed a bunch of other "dangerous" moves

13. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Yes, its a much better product overall than since maybe the late 90’s/early 2000’s

Styles, Lesnar, Charlotte, Bliss, Reigns, Roode, Rollins & Jordan, The Usos are a great group of champs. Owens is probably the furthest along behind Rollins of NXT Champs to be over for casual fans while Zayn’s new heel turn, Joe destroying everyone and Balor getting the Balor Club thing are starting to elevate their characters.

The only move I know of that might be shelved is Rollins’ spike powerbomb that ended Sting’s career and caused major shoulder surgery for Balor. I thought they canned his curb stomp but he just used it to defeat Balor on RAW.

14. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Gotta please the stakeholders. And in their eyes, the royalties from the kids demographic is where the money’s at. The product in its most popular form is now suffering from it

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  15. Dave2000

It has been much better, after the Attitude era, I stopped watching the "Ruthless Aggression" era around 2005/06, then got into it again 2011 after CM Punk's pipe bomb. That was some of the greatest 2+ months of storytelling that got me back into it. But even between those year, i still went to Raw/SD/PPVs when they were in town since watching it live was still entertaining to me, just had Kam catch me up on what was going on. Ever since then, I've been more into it, been to more events, even out of town, and now want to make every Wrestlemania now as an excuse to explore other cities. Have plans to go to Money in the Bank in Chicago in June, that should be fun.

16. VanityHalfBlack

Kevin Owens just used a chair not too long ago on SDLIVE. He hit AJ and Shinsuke a chair-shot only to be the receiving end of it after the match. The product/production and talent is way better than it ever is. It's the booking that sucks ass.

17. buffalobills!!!

Funny. Same story for me. Twitter ate up the "Summer of Punk"

Dave2000 likes this.
  18. Dave2000

I loved it, the funny thing, the day before the Pipe Bomb incident, they had a house show at Toyota Center Kam and I attended to, so that segment was just out of nowhere

Anybody watch the top 25 Raw Moments? Every list is debatable but I thought there was TOO many recent events on there. but I can't argue with the top 2 with the "pipe bomb" being even on the list, that's pretty awesome.

19. Dave2000

Don't care what anybody says, I thought Raw 25 was good, not classic, but enjoyed it. Loved how Cena put over Elias, even his interaction with Jericho was great. DX with Balor Club spot was cool, and good lord Torrie Wilson and Trish have gotten HOTTER with age.

It's funny how that Frank the Clown dude was complaining about how the crowd at Manhattan Center got screwed, which I agree, but he's smashing Noelle Foley, so that dude can shut up.....

20. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member