1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: DeAndre Jordan eyeing Rockets - will come at discount if Clint Leaves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 20, 2017.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I'll take one DJ at 10mil than pay Clint at 20mil. By the time Clint enters his real prime, our title window will have passed and it'll be time to tank or get lucky with another trade.

amaru and ROXonROXonROX like this.
  2. James Hardashian

James Hardashian Contributing Member

He also has great defensive skills. Clint is fine but he seems like a one trick pony. He can get over powered in the paint easily.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

i dont think he sucks. just saying hes no star like you said he was. im completely fine with being more comfortable with clint over DJ especially when you can still play clint in the 4th quarter and their impacts on the game are compatible and clint comes without an ego

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Looks like the Clippers want to blow their current core up:

DonKnock, D-rock and Vivi like this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

That would be smart cause they're not going to win **** with Blake, DeAndre, Gallo etc...

J.R. likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

I call bullshit on that report. Not only was Minnesota never going to do it, I doubt it was ever discussed.

"Hey Minnesota, do you want our injury-prone PF for KAT?"

*Click*

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

As soon as they said Bl..or Grii...they hung up the phone.

J.R. likes this.
  8. MystikArkitect

Haha for real.

“Hey Minnesota...we need to rebuild but don’t feel like waiting. Can you help us out?”

J.R. likes this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I can’t believe Jordan is going to sign here for 10 million. He’d be leaving tens of millions on the table. I don’t think that is what paycut means.

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yeah , if I were the TWolves GM I'd have hung p the phone as soon as they said Blake.

J.R. likes this.
  11. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Stepien Rule prevents teams from dealing future first rounders if it *could possibly* leave them without a first round pick in consecutive years.

Under your scenario, if MIL trades the protected portion of their 2018 pick, then it is possible that MIL will have to convey their pick to the other team in 2018 and then to PHX in 2019. Hence, that trade would be prohibited.

malakas likes this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Give me DJ right now 3 team trade. Capela has huge tremendous upside no doubt but games like yesterday show how much of a non factor he can be at times right now at this stage of his career. He should of absolutely killed the clips last night with no DJ. Imagine if DJ played sheesh.

DJ and Chris Paul have stayed in contact I’m sure he didn’t stay in LA for doc or Blake or rivers ( Something is brewing for DJ to find his way to Houston ) Sometimes it’s frustrating watching capela out there and the other team is just having a layup drill. DJ is more of a win now player then Capela even tho some might argue capela is better than DJ now but DJ would have more of a impact consistently the capela does with us right now.

csc177 and amaru like this.
  13. jefforoni

jefforoni Member

I’ll take deandre, Capela has times where he’s not aggressive and gets boxed out by smaller dudes

14. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Montres was happy last night. That can´t happen and Capela is my man, don´t get me wrong. But last night was the first time I wondered if he is on the same timeline than our stars

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Again, nothing Rockets related but more trade chatter.

I do believe the Cavs will make at least one trade if they can. They're not good enough right now (to beat Golden State). They have the desire to do something.

(Any way they move the Brooklyn pick?) They don't want to use it now. The Cavs would prefer not to use it. They have limited assets if they don't use it. Does DeAndre Jordan put the Cavs on the Warriors level? We would all say no. ... The only way they're keeping LeBron James is winning a championship. If a trade materializes where they don't have to give up that pick but it's only a matter of adding cost, they have to do it. If LeBron leaves, it's gonna be a long winter in Cleveland. They survived it once because he came back.

Steve Balmer is so hungry to win. He wants an elite team so badly. It's hard for him to think about a tear down. That story was going around in Toronto they were trying to convince Minnesota to listen on Blake for KAT. I wasn't able to confirm it so I didn't report it. I've heard a bunch of denials since then. There's a fair degree of skepticism of how tradeable Blake is with his contract & injury history. I think they'll keep trying to put pieces around Blake & go for it.

(Bucks/Clippers deal?) Bucks are interested in Jordan. They're as interested as anyone. Could they get him without including Jabari? Do they have enough otherwise? I don't know looking at what they have. Is there a match there? No denying the Bucks interest. They'd love to get Jordan if they could. Can they come up with enough to tempt the Clippers? The proposals the Clippers are getting for Jordan haven't been the hottest.

(Other names?) Mirotic is the lock, everyone knows Chicago wants to move him & there is a fair bit of interest. It'll depend on draft compensation. Bulls are holding out for a first. Utah, Detroit, Team X, will someone come up with a first the Bulls insist on? I tend to think yes. I do think we'll see a Mirotic deal.

The interesting one is Charlotte. They have a very pricey roster going nowhere. Kemba Walker. Trading Kemba before his FA season. It's become more of a hot topic in the last week & think we'll keep hearing about it. Hornets don't have much of an alternative. ... They were hoping to be a much better team. It hasn't worked out that way. They realize if you let Walker get to FA & have to pay him a ton to stay, you'll have the same team you've had there for years. He's the guy easiest to move(favorable contract), all-star level player, there would be a market for him the minute the Hornets let teams know he's available. I think they'll come to the conclusion this is the path they have to take. The alternative is he goes into FA & leaves you or you pay crazy money to keep a mediocre team together.

(Tyreke Evans?) They're trying but same thing with Mirotic: they want a first. Can they? I'm not so sure. I heard in Toronto the Wizards were interested. I was quickly set straight that that was wrong & they aren't pursuing him. He's been productive, good season, bargain at that number. Can he be traded? For sure.

(Payton, Fournier & Hezonja on the market?) (Fournier) There's interest as player but again, is it a package they can stomach? How much bad contracts would they have to take back? I don't think there is anyone they're(Magic) fully married to. Out of their guys, there will be some interest in Fournier but money is so tight everywhere this year. (Payton) There was plenty of skepticism about are any of these guys keepers? Gordon is the exception. He's still young enough & shows flashes. It's been so bad though. If you're the new regime, how do you not explore everything?

(Market for DeMarcus Cousins?) Most teams around the league believe the Pelicans will re-sign Cousins unless he doesn't want to stay there. Pelicans are the clear favorite. There's an expectation & speculation that ... Dallas & Lakers are mentioned most frequently. They're expected to make a run at him. Lakers have other targets. Dallas going after Cousins would be a very Mark Cuban move. There has been talk about Cousins here in Dallas for awhile. People expect the Mavs to go after him. Can they convince him to leave New Orleans if they put a max deal on the table? Too soon to know.

(Nerlens Noel?) It's surprising. It's become such an afterthought. There really isn't a ton of chatter. You go to Mavs games now & don't hear people asking the questions. I thought it was a great move at the deadline. The best center fit for the Mavs during the Dirk era was Tyson Chandler. There was great hope that they could re-create that a little bit & he'd be a great fit next to Dirk. It clearly hasn't worked out. Let's not forget Noel has the ability to block any trade. I don't know that we'll see him on the move before the deadline. This might play out meekly through the end of the season. (Why hold onto him then?) I can't see him staying. Maybe he does become a buyout candidate if no deal materializes. I had high hopes for him as a player. Dallas is not the place but I'm with you, he's too young & lively at his best to write him off.​

DonKnock, D-rock and Vivi like this.
  16. s3ts

s3ts Member

I agree Clint was weak. I don't know that Deandre would've been any different.

17. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I agree too. Not sayiing paying top dollar to a center is the best use of money in current NBA. But we have to do better. perimeter defense is one grade below expectations, if we have nothing inside we are done.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Stephen A Smith's source is clutchfans :eek::eek:

DonKnock and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

#ComingHome

DonKnock likes this.