1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the US accept legal immigrants from "shithole" countries?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 12, 2018.

?

Do you agree with Trump regarding eliminating legal immigration from shithole countries?

1. Yes

9.4%
  2. No

90.6%
  1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

1) Do you believe America's mission is to help underprivileged people better their lives, or should America's mission be to grow to be a stronger country?

2) You are arguing that "trouble" does not depend on a person's wealth? I suspect data will show otherwise...

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, and while it's not fair to poor or less educated nations.....the goal isn't really to be "fair" to every nation, it's to improve and enhance this one. The migrants who are likely to be a burden to the system should be the extreme minority because there's no shortage of people wanting in. If there was, it would make sense to just accept anyone.

That's why I don't think we should prevent migration from "sh*thole countries", we should just look for the best candidates for migration and that alone will be a much more effective method of limiting undesirable migrants.....well at least for those who have a defensible opinion as to what are "undesirable migrants"

Roc Paint likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Your in luck Bobby because that's been happening for the past ten years.

The average immigrant that has entered the country in the past ten years has achieved higher skillsets and higher education than you. Isn't that awesome?

You must be happy to find out something you've been b****ing about for decades has been solved for quite a while now.

Maybe the next evolution of our Immigration policy is to do one for one swaps. Swap an immigrant with an engineering degree for a non degree holder such as yourself. That will certainly raise the GDP rate of increase.

#103 fchowd0311, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    R0ckets03 likes this.
  4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Someone having a bias towards or against a certain race, based on the fact you view your own race superior.

SIL

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These are tricky things because one can have implicit bias against a race but that doesn't make them a racist in the traditional sense. Usually racism is more about the treatment or espousing views or taking actions that are discriminatory. So thinking black people are the bee's knees doesn't make you a racist, but choosing to pick a black person for a job over a more qualified white person would. Donald Trump calling African countries **** holes doesn't make him a racist, just an *******. What makes him a racist is that he wants to limit people from an African country and let more people in from a white country like Norway - not on the basis of person merit, but on the presumption that people from Norway are better than people from a shithole.

6. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I don't disagree. He did say El Salvador, too. Not just Haiti.

I'm still saying that if you do or don't support Trump, in some shape or form...you're racist.

I don't know anyone that is not racist. Everybody is, some more than others.

SIL

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

There are different levels

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Just like there are different levels of ****?

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

So will the liberals impeach Trump for hurting feelings?

10. fchowd0311

Do you understand that the if Trump mentioned these counties as 'shitholes' in passing it wouldn't be as offensive, still highly unpragamtic and stupid when it comes to future diplomacy.

The actual offensive part is NOT WANTING people from those "shithole countries".

It's a very simple premise. Shouldn't be that difficult for you to pick up.

11. fchowd0311

No.. I think we should expand on Trump's merit based policy so we can accelerate our GDP rate of growth. I say swap an immigrant with an engineering or science degree for an non degree holder like Bobby.

I think that will definitely accelerate our GDP growth? What do you think?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

C'mon, you know the answer to that, if they could have, they'd have done so day 1. The level of butt hurt over losing the election has led to a pathological state. It was funny at first, but now I just feel bad for those poor bastards. It was perfectly normal to be upset about Trump winning the election, but the resulting Trump Derangement Syndrome is unprecedented in modern history when it comes to the scope in which it exists.

13. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

1. It's always been the latter. America has done nothing but grow and a catalyst for that growth has always been immigration. Nativists have complained for decades, no, centuries. We got a bad example of one in the White House.

2. If you have a want to emigrate to America, you know best to keep a low profile. Head down, shutup, and work. Causing a ruckus won't help them stay here. Whether they're a low-key dishwasher at Mar a Lago with kids on Medicaid or a small-business owner with kids in a Catholic private school. Sure, the poor, uneducated immigrant will be more likely to get desparate and act up. They've probably been through some ****, they've seen some ****. By and large, though, and data will back me up, immigrants don't want no trouble.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like a good argument to all but eliminate them from the equation. We have enough of that to worry about now without importing more of it.

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am down with whatever policy our nation chooses but not open borders.

If that makes me a racist piece of crap then I will strive to improve.

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I say this because of their country. If a country is poor that means their people are also are poor. It's fact. Stop denying reality.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well not all of them. There are quality migrants to be had from "sh*thole countries", but probably not a ton of them. The goal should be to let in the quality migrants wherever they are from.

18. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You would say that. But then who would work at Mar a Lago?

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure they'd figure it out, and I hope you know that's not a legitimate argument.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Poor but not necessarily uneducated. There is a big difference. Just because they are black doesn't mean they life in the ghetto dude. In many of those countries they get a better education than you get in many parts of America.