1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Cougars Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Chopped, Aug 29, 2011.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

You know Kendall victim shamed the women accusers on social media and has never once apologized for that or for anything else right? Til this day, he has denied any wrongdoing and publicly supported Baylor and his dad that they did nothing wrong.

BMoney likes this.
  2. Poloshirtbandit

I feel like this was Tilman's idea. He was open to interviewing Art two years ago until he probably got a ton of angry letters from season ticket holders threatening to cancel.

I don't think Kendal will be here more than one year. If we suck he probably gets fired, if we're good he probably gets poached by a P5 school.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Didn't know that. Ugh. Surprised UH went for this.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Briles is really good at his job. Having said that, I'm really glad he's not at Baylor anymore. That's where I got my undergrad degree. Wish he wasn't at the school I got my law degree...and likely will my son will be next year for his freshman year of college.

5. Buck Turgidson

"No" means "No".

Start him with that.

Nook and MadMax like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Per FootballScoop...

Houston co-defensive coordinator / defensive backs Clay Jennings is joining the Texas Tech staff coaching the defensive backs we are told. Jennings know the state of Texas well, having coached DBs at Houston, Texas, Arkansas, TCU, Baylor, Sam Houston and more….

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kyle Allen is leaving, going pro.

8. Nook

Nook Member

I am going pro too.

So is @penisclubber

9. AFS

AFS Member

Probably a case of addition by subtraction for the team.

Nook likes this.
  10. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

He could have grad transferred and played next year but I guess he would rather go the free agency route instead of trying to play for the draft. You never know with the NFL. Good luck kid.

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Kyle Allen going pro? Yikes

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

Really bad decision. He should have transferred to a smaller school and put up huge numbers and then hoped to get an invite to a training camp.

DonnyMost and Fulgore like this.
  13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ya he probably should've taken the Garrett Gilbert route. But think he'll get an invite somewhere.

14. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

You transfer in the hope of getting drafted. He's going to get an invite to a camp.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

#5417 J.R., Jan 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Jturbofuel likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

#5418 J.R., Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    koochingchang and Jturbofuel like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kendal Briles, @UHCougarFB associate head coach, OC, QB coach, says final approval to bring him onboard was made by UH officials, not head coach Major Applewhite

Kendal Briles on how he would define what he's all about to @UHCougarFB fans: "I'd just say judge me for me. I've always done that my whole life. I've lived my life pretty pure."

Kendal Briles says he understands why there is specific language in his contract to protect @UHouston, @UHCougarFB

Kendal Briles on @UHouston hiring process: "I talked to all of the people that I needed to talk to to make them feel comfortable." @UHCougarFB

Kendal Briles, @UHCougarFB associate head coach, offensive coordinator, QB coach, says Major Applewhite reached out to him when he was at Florida Atlantic

Randy Clements, @UHCougarFB run game coordinator, offensive line coach: "All I can say is Coach Applewhite's a stud. He was committed to bringing me onboard

@UHCougarFB offensive line coach Randy Clements says he's "fine" with the language UH put in his contract to protect the school...I want to help Major Applewhite be successful. I want to help the program get to the next level."

Kendal Briles on what to expect from the @UHCougarFB offense: "We're attacking. We spread people out. We're going to throw the ball vertically down the field."

Like Kendal Briles said when asked to define what he's all about, Randy Clements said "Judge me for me. Judge what we do on the field."

koochingchang likes this.
  19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Ya. Was the number 1 recruit coming out of high school. Which places him just slightly above the rest of us with pro aspirations. Even if he excels in camps or tryouts, teams may not spend a draft pick to get him.

But, all you need is a chance. Brady was a 7th round draft pick, Romo was undrafted. IF you have skills, and IF you get in the right situation, and IF you play all your cards right...stranger things have happened. He may well have a higher skill level than some of those who will get drafted...but will that matter?