1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Aug 11, 2017.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

True, but maybe a smart owner will trade him off after a few hot games for some players or gamble again.

I saw a report that said the courts were back loaded right now and it was unlikely the NFL's appeal could be heard until well after the season.

The NFL is looking really bad right now. They need to stop fighting this.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Stop fighting this why? Just because the Cows went to a judge (and Cows fan) up in Sherman to get a "favorable" outcome doesn't obscure the fact that Elliott is trying to escape the consequences of his actions. It's all part of Jerry Jones' playbook on how to get away with anything and everything for himself and his players.That POS did something to that woman and now because he can carry a football, he and all of the other dumbass Cows fans out there want to act as if the law doesn't apply to their "heroes". I can guarantee that if this were you or me we'd be hanging upside down in a jail cell.

Sure the NFL isn't perfect (mainly because all they care about is making money) but they have no choice but to draw the line at sexual assault - especially after the whole Ray Rice and Greg Hardy episodes. And after seeing this, if a player is still enough of an ******* to go out and be involved with something like this, then I don't care how good he is as a player because that's one dumbass I don't want playing for my team. And I have no sympathy for the NFLPA because they were the ones who "gave" Goodell and the league the power to impose discipline as they saw fit and for those dimwits to argue that the process wasn't "fair" is beyond laughable to me. Their whole "case" argued symantics and "procedure" which tells you all you need to know about the situation. All they and Jerry are looking for is (yet) another "Get Out of Jail Free" card for the latest (in a long line) of Cows players.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I think you are referring to something other than sexual assault, but just researching this case shows the NFL was trying to hide something.

The NFL is trying to make an example of a person without sufficient evidence. They are setting up any jersey chaser to create a bruise on their arm and go to social media to say so and so touched them. Thats about the same extent Elliots evidence is.

4. Major

Major Member

The problem is that no one has found the accuser credible. The police chose not to file charges, and the NFL's lead investigator wouldn't have punished Elliot. Goodell decided otherwise without really talking to any of the primary people involved in the case. The accuser was known to lie about at least one of the incidents, which unfortunately affects her credibility in the other ones if she was telling the truth in those. The reason the case was about "process" instead of "evidence" is that the NFL didn't allow the defense to challenge the evidence - which was the process problem. If the NFL conducted a fair investigation, they should have nothing to hide.

The NFL should absolutely be punishing sexual assault. But they aren't going to get very far if they start trying to punish anyone who is simply accused of it. All we really know from this incident is that Elliot is that everyone involved from Elliott to the accuser to Goodell come out seeming like crappy people.

#104 Major, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

NFL did it wrong again, the NFL's lead investigator recommended no suspension and she redacted a memo saying they were a lot of inconsistent statements and credibility concerns regarding Elliott’s accuser Tiffany Thompson. When Roger Goodell met with NFL executives to discuss the suspension he didnt invite Kia Wright Roberts, the lead investigator to see the findings in this case, she testified that she was the only NFL investigator to interview Tiffany (Elliot's girlfriend). in the memo she wrote all the different and very inconsistent statements that Tiffany Thompson said during the interviews, creating a lot of doubt to know if he really did it, for me this is to shady for the NFL, and takes away the credibility of Goodell.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. BleedsRocketRed

He needs to give it up. If Brady didn't win his case against the NFL, what makes Elliott think he will win his?

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

brady got his suspension delayed for a year. for fantasy purposes hope zeke continues with his appeals which he is likely to do lol

9. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

The funny thing is how the media thinks Prescott cant be the same qb without zeke in the backfield.. Zeke hasnt been himself all year, and Dak has been a beast

Dak hopefully will shut up the haters with his play without zeke, but maybe he wont..

10. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Brady was trying to win a Super Bowl with the his age clock ticking.

Zeke is not in the same position. The 2-3 Cowboys are definitely on downward trajectory from last year. This suspension has already affected this season with Zeke being out of shape to start the season. Now, you prolong this to next season and that's two full seasons in jeopardy. Suck it up and take the suspension.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

RIP Cowboys season.

BAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Roc Paint likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

well i dont care about their situation in real life. i care about my fantasy team

13. Major

Major Member

Since the two cases aren't based on the same things, I'm not sure why you'd think winning or losing one would have any relevance to the other?

14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Never want a player to lose money but glad cowboys will suck. Had a bet that Texans would finish with a better record knowing I might lose (pride thing :rolleyes:). With Elliott out I might just win this lol

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol here we go again.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I didn't realize Winston & Strawn was representing him. Some really good people in that Dallas office, and I don't typically like people from Dallas! :)

Rocketman95 likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

No suspension still for zeke. Eligible to play week 7

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member