1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JJ Watts Tibial Plateau Fracture update

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaDakota, Oct 8, 2017.

1. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

So I am trying to be positive and find the silver lining... maybe this means we can put JD Clowney back at DE? He seemed to be better at that last year.

Now trade Duane Brown for another pass rusher and I think we would be okay.. not great, but okay.

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

We need JD at DE.

We need 1 sack a game and 5 QB hurried out of him every game.

The guy needs to play like the dpoy he was thought to he coming out of college and imo him playing DE will give the teams Dj defense the most impact.

Our coverage depends solely on JD getting pressure on that QB every damn drop back. It's a tall task but JD does have the raw speed and power and his technique has really improved the last two years.

Jj out mercilus out...... JD it's your time to become the premier pass rusher in the NFL.

3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty tough when you’re the only pass rusher

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

He really does need it. No way he let us down but he certainly feels as if he did. JJ is probably the hardest player ever to describe. HOF player (no doubt), great character, never been in trouble, and helps the community like no other player has. As far as I’m concerned, JJ is the player/person ANY CITY needs but doesn’t deserve.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Not going to be easy, might not be doable but we sure as he'll need it.

I'm confident the offense can keep getting 25+ ppg we need that defense to atleast get them a few stops so they can get a few more offensive possessions.

red5rocket likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

9. theimpossibles1

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I will just post here...

My buddy at work is driving me crazy because he is extremely suspicious about the money JJ raised for Harvey recovery. He thinks it has been too long and the money should be spent by now. He also says the injury is 'karma' for not helping people.
    Needless to say I think that is preposterous and if anything, raising $37 million for Harvey should give JJ years of GOOD karma. Anyway the coworker is bugging me about this every day. I told him to get on clutchfans but he is too stubborn.
    I am asking for him (but I am curious too), what is JJ doing with the money? It has been a little while now and I have not heard anything about his plans.
    I read an article from a few weeks ago where he said he is taking his time because people who raised money for Katrina advised him not to rush this process. Don't get me wrong I trust JJ 100% to do the right thing with the money but I am wondering if anyone has heard anything about JJ's plans in this regard?

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Was your friend recently banned from Clutchfans?

red5rocket likes this.
  11. theimpossibles1

Lol no this is my buddy from work, not Fatt Troll Weirdo.

KingCheetah likes this.
  12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

find new friends

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

14. Nook

Nook Member

Haha! No ice cream for you Odell!

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. HstnSprtsFan101

Any updates on Derek Newtons progress?

red5rocket and macho GRANDE like this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

srrm likes this.
  18. conquistador#11

I think he can still be stellar ala justin smith, especially with Clowney on the other edge. He doesn't have to be getting a billion sacks a season.
    I don't think this injury was related to the back. Really bad things happen when you get clipped from behind. Ronnie when he clipped spencer, The Jets fatty when he clipped our beloved over trainer, Newton was clipped by Blue.. On Newton, when the injury happened one of those doctors from memorial hermann that makes appearances compared it to a parachuter landing wrong on his jump. Ouch. We might as well forget about Newton unfortunately.

19. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Good to see him walking.

Does he need to lose weight to put less stress on his body? Does that even help for football players like it helped Harden, Lebron, Kyle Lowry?

20. texian

texian Member

Wicked scar.