1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Aug 11, 2017.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I entirely know of the opposite side as well. I grew up in Vegas and knew many people who had girlfriends working in strip clubs sort of like a pimp would do taking the profits. Mostly abusive behind doors but ever "loving" in public. It's all a shame really when thinking in retrospect.

Let me be clear tho, that if it's actual abuse Idc who it is the punishment needs bearing. Idc if it's the entire cowboys offensive line or whoever. Abuse is ugly and should be disciplined accordingly.

That said, with the little evidence that has came out, Idc if it was eli Manning Tom Brady or any other player I don't like, I would still presume they are innocent and actually a victim of a scorned and spiteful woman, who clearly tried collaborating once to punish Zeke and obviously after a huge settlement.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe, who knows? He might not be as innocent as he portrays. He might be. She might be a sleaze, or, she might actually have been roughed up by him, and has no proof. It's hard to prove, and hard to dismiss, which makes it all an ugly mess. Let's hope the truth comes out, and the wrong person isn't portrayed as innocent.

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

When this first surfaced up here, I knew what was to come. You see, the Cows have this down to a science (because they've had to follow the script many times). There first would be steadfast support for poor misunderstood/immature/clueless dumbass Elliott from all the Cows veterans on TV and from their sycophants in the DFW media followed by a concerted attack on the reputation/integrity/credibility of in no particular order: Roger Goodell, the national media, the investigative process itself and the accuser/victim/golddigger/thot. Jerry's daughter or Jennifer Staubach would called upon to publicly provide female cover that this organization takes domestic violence against women very seriously (sure they do :rolleyes:). So when I saw that article in Monday's Ft. Worth Star-Telegram from chief Cows shill Clarence Hill attacking the reputation/credibility of said accuser/victim/golddigger/thot I knew that the game was afoot.

A week ago, there were earnest discussions by the Cows braintrust (and I use that term very loosely here) and their "crew" on basing their response to what was coming down on a strategy that attacks the disciplinary process, Goodell himself (ala Kraft with Deflategate) and the credibility/integrity/reputation of Elliot's accuser/victim. Once I saw this, I realized that Elliott was an even bigger dumbass that I'd given him credit for being because it told me that he cannot definitively prove that nothing happened. And for nothing to have happened, it would mean that somehow this dimwit would have avoided placing himself into this situation in the first place. But, no that's just not the Cowboys way so now they are in damage control mode (once again) searching for way to allow (yet) another moron evade the consequences of his actions. He's already gotten the Columbus police to look the other way but getting the league to do the same is another matter entirely - which old Jerruh found out last week. I can't help but LMAO at the display of arrogance, hubris and stupidity on display because of the actions of one dumbass moron who believed that the rules didn't apply to him because he could carry a football.

deb4rockets likes this.
  4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

What proof do you have of that? Just curious. No question that Elliot is the victim to the female predator Tiffany Thompson who is trying to get a pay-day and is jealous he dumped her.

With all the facts (not just evidence but facts) that have come forward, if this was just some anonymous couple, everyone not associated with a special interest group would side against the Tiffany and this wouldn't be close.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

These reports are so frequently followed by, "But it doesn't prove he didn't assault her" is complete BS.

Nothing that has been presented "PROVES" he assaulted her either. It shouldn't be Zeke's problem to prove innocence but instead it should be her problem to prove guilt.. or at least he was more than likely guilty than not based on some sort of evidence.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Alfred Morris looks like the guy to replace Zeke not McFadden.

7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

#88 Icehouse, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Based off the information we've seen. The arbitrator will most likely drop it to 2-4 games(which is completely wrong as it should be 6 or nothing). I believe it should be zero but there is at least an adequate chance this gets pushed to 2018.

10. tmacfor35

arbitration is an hour late.

NFL have something to do with it?

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ian Rapoport:
    To sum it up: Zeke Elliott plays Sunday. Could get a restraining order to stay in the field this season. Could not get it and sit Weeks 2-7

PFT:
    Zeke plays Sunday. Suspension upheld by Henderson effective Week Two. Judge is expected to rule Thursday or Friday on motion to delay it.

Zeke is playing this week. Question is whether he plays Week Two and beyond.

If NFL hadn't conceded that the Tuesday 4:00 pm rule exists, the judge would be ruling on the case ASAP.

Adam Schefter:
    Harold Henderson upheld suspension. Judge reserved ruling until Friday on motion for TRO. Elliott eligible to play in week 1.

13. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

hopefully when dak lights the league up these next 6 games without zeke. Maybe people in the media will stop discrediting his success and giving him the russell wilson treatment. I hope, but i doubt it. they'll just bring up his o-line again if he does well. Kinda like how Kaepernick never got credit because of the 49ers defense, and Cam newton winning mvp because of their "easy" schedule. Its always an excuse when they outplay their heroes

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Blah blah blah. Words words words.

So all of the people that said newton only won because of an easy schedule voted him MVP. They didn't just say it helped or contributed.

Give it a rest mr. persecuted

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. tmacfor35

BREAKING: Judge Amos Mazzant III grants Ezekiel Elliott's temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction. #Cowboys #NFL

Tom Brady situation all over again.

Fantasy owners who drafted him in late first/second rounds should be jumping for joy.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I wonder how much Jerrah paid that judge. Preliminary injunction is huge... could play the entire season before court gets to hear the case.

19. Major

Major Member

Maybe, maybe no. If the case progresses during the season and there's a resolution mid-season, it might mean he's suspended for the end of the regular season, which is the playoffs for fantasy owners.