1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans select D'onta Foreman, RB, Texas at 3-25

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Apr 28, 2017.

?

What do you think?

1. Love it?

122 vote(s)
    62.6%
  2. Like it?

57 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Hate it?

16 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I agree.

It does show you though no matter how mediocre they are the fans continue to cheer for them and follow the team. It's too bad Jerry Jones has had so much influence on decisions. It's hopefully about over. Meaning other people are now making those decisions.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, what matters is playoff success in the last 2 decades. You can bump this all you like, but when the Cowboys either fail to make the playoffs or lose in the first round like always, it's probably not going to be a bump you want to make.....but I guess you can talk about success that happened more than 2 decades ago to justify the current team, that's always fun.

peleincubus likes this.
  3. CallMeTheDream

Haven't been in this thread since the incident happened with Foreman. What are the chances he stays with the team? I'd be devastated if he gets released, he's supposed to transform our running game. Plus I'm sure someone else would pick him up in a heartbeat.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My initial thought was that he'd be released.

After reading the statement from his attorney (sorry, I'm on my mobile and can't look it up to post...it was posted in the off-season thread), I feel that the charges may even be dropped.

I think it'll be no harm no foul.i could be really wrong though.

#244 Two Sandwiches, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    CallMeTheDream likes this.
  5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Gun was legally registered in his name, no weed in his system, wasnt even his weed (or he got a fall guy). It shows "Arrest", but there's nothing to really indict him on. Maybe he gets a fine or some small wrist-slap as reprimand, but nothing severe. Business as usual.

6. body slam

body slam Member

Registered or not if there is a gun in the car with drugs isn't that kind of a big deal?

7. conquistador#11

this is Texas, my abuelita has an uzi.
    Great things happened the last time UT had a running back that loved the weed. Just don't get a positive a test and flee to Tibet.

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

So, I've read the newspaper stories about this. I'm not a gun person so I don't know the laws. Why would he be charged with unlawful carrying of a weapon if the gun was properly registered in his name and properly secured as his lawyer states?

Also, he was charged with possession of mar1juana. Why would he be charged with possession if the weed wasn't his? Does everyone in the auto get charged with possession if weed is found in the car?

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Anyone seen Blue lately? Are we sure he wasn't the one that called po po?

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

If it's a few pounds of drugs and multiple weapons like T.I. and Lil Wayne got busted for sure. Now a days less than an ounce is a misdemeanor.

In this case it sounds like the gun was registered and the weed wasn't his. Hell if it wasn't his and medicinal (most likely not) then it was completely legal and no arrest should have occurred.

Regardless, he needs to surround himself with better individuals if this (drugs) in fact wasn't something he was involved with.

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Police aren't experts on the law so could just be misapplying or not really knowing what the law is in the first place. But think most police would err on making the arrest in this case. But to answer your question, not everyone in the automobile gets charged with possession.

13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Texas doesn't recognize medicinal mar1juana currently so the arrest of the possessor would have been lawful regardless. But if the story holds true, Foreman himself should not have been arrested.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You're right, it looks like the act won't go into effect until September 1st.

http://www.ksat.com/health/medical-mar1juana/medical-mar1juana-texas-compassionate-use-act

Welp, less than two months away and a bunch of specifications to be met!

15. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

ESPN article title: "Foreman arrested for mar1juana possession and unlawful carrying of a firearm" -- then goes on to say he did not use the mar1juana, was not in possession of it, will submit to a urinalysis to prove it, and that the gun was legally purchased and registered in his name, and that he informed the arresting officer of the presence of the firearm.

Right... YELLOW ****ING JOURNALISM

Newlin likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's exactly the case here, I see no reason why he should have been arrested.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Pancakes is just trying to fake us out with a beard, glasses, and a John Hammond hat.

We know its you McClain!!!

[​IMG]

red5rocket and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Now I feel much better about it! Thanks Skip!

Joshfast likes this.
  20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It's clearly Paul Giamatti with a bad southern accent.

Nook and FLASH21 like this.