1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans select D'onta Foreman, RB, Texas at 3-25

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Apr 28, 2017.

?

What do you think?

1. Love it?

122 vote(s)
    62.6%
  2. Like it?

57 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Hate it?

16 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. Buck Turgidson

Jesus brewed beer.

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

and was a woman.

3. Buck Turgidson

Then have a buddy with a concealed license to watch your back and take the fall.

And yeah, Austin haaaates weed. Hates it.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  4. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

The UT campus is "unsavory"? Negro please.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Black people with a car smelling like weed, gotta call the cops for sure. Good thing Foreman didn't make any mistakes or else he could have been shot by the cops.

If Foreman was white and with his white buddy in the exact same situation I bet the cops don't even get called.

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He is the true victim here.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Nope. You should be a cowboys fan. It's more fun.

8. Buck Turgidson

Snow Villiers likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

What is it...5 suspensions by the NFL so far, and training camp hasn't even started?

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm not sure. I'll bet you they have a better record than the Texans though regardless.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Even if the Cowboys manage a decent regular season record, I'll bet you that the Texans win more playoff games as always.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Even if you totaled the Oilers (which I was a fan of) and Texans playoff victories together they would still be fraction of the Cowboys. But ok

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Total the number of Cowboys playoff wins during the time that the Texans have been a franchise and you come up with 2....but we all know Cowboys fans are all about ancient history, it's all they have to go on.

red5rocket likes this.
  14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I do give them props for stretching out this North-Dallas-Forty-Tom-Landry-Roger-Staubach-J.R.-Ewing-Jimmy-Johnson thing out to where they are still the most popular and highest-valued team in the NFL. But, yes, my gosh, they live in the past. And like the Yankees and Lakers (and the Knicks, to a point), any story is magnified 2,000%.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Ahh I understand now. You are having a bobbythegreat type "discussion" outside of the d&d but in sports.

So the Cowboys have been in the playoffs 6 times since 2003, twice with a bye and 4 times as a wildcard, going 2-6.

The Texans have been to the playoffs 4 times each time as a wildcard, going 3-4.

So that's the history, not too "ancient" but yaaah. Perhaps they will both make the Super Bowl this year. Brady has to flame out eventually.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Texans have 3 playoff wins in the last 5 years, the Cowboys have 2 playoff wins in the last 20.

What a truly dominant franchise.....

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  17. Newlin

Newlin Member

This doesn't sound like much. But he needs to focus on his new adult job. Hanging out with college kids on campus when you are no longer a student. I mean it's time to focus on your future.

PhiSlamma15 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

A more entertaining bet would be Texans wins vs Cowboys suspensions+arrests.

peleincubus likes this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Oh ok so it's those specific parameters now. Not since the Texans first year as a franchise. I'll leave it here.

I'll bump this post in January so I can hear your lame excuse as to why the Cowboys success does not matter this upcoming season for whatever random reason that you will state.

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Look, it's just the way it is, fair or not. We can't compare the Cowboys vs. the Texans except for the period that both existed at the same time. Of course, the Cowboys have a much richer history than the Texans overall- and had a lot more years to do it, as well.

The Cowboys have been very underwhelming since the Texans entered the league. You would think, as the most popular team in football, they would have won a Super Bowl more recently than 1995. The Lakers and Yankees have won championships in the 2000s- why haven't the Cowboys? Seems to me that among the Big 3, they are by far the most disappointing- by a long shot.

Yaosthirdleg and peleincubus like this.