1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

How did they not vet these stories? They didn't say, "Trump assaulted women!" The headlines said, "Trump accused of sexual assault." Which- newsflash- he was! These women have not retracted their stories. And why, if these women were lying, has Trump not sued them? Doesn't it seem logical that, to protect his reputation, he would sue these women if he felt they were falsely accusing him?

And to which emails are you talking about? Don Jr.s' or Hillary's?

2. dandorotik

You want to talk about reprehensible? How about this? Fox is truly going full scumbag on this one:

Chelsea Clinton fired back at a Fox News contributor on Saturday who said that her mother, former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, would “literally sell her daughter” to be president.

On Fox News’s “The Five,” contributor Lisa Boothe called Hillary Clinton “the most soulless woman on the planet.”

“[She] would literally sell her daughter to be president, literally sell her only child to be president,” she said.
    Chelsea Clinton fired back at Boothe in a tweet Saturday, saying she’s “never doubted” she was the most important part of her mom’s life.

“No, she wouldn't. I've never doubted & always known I was the most important part of her life,” Chelsea Clinton said. “Now as a mom I'm even more grateful to my mom.”

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Thats on the dictator

The only evidence of collusion is Putin liked Trump

IOW no evidence

4. dandorotik

...yet.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Don't run with allegations are coming. Wait to see what they're worth which apparently was nothing cause they disappeared

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I don't even think the left can tell me what they're outraged about. People can't even explain what "interfering" in an election even means. Did Germany "interfere" with the US election when they let Barack Obama speak to a huge crowd in Berlin? Did Obama interfere in the most recent French election by supporting Macron? Trudeau by supporting Hillary? This whole "Russia" story is simply the left trying to justify Hillary's humiliating loss.

cml750 likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dude, you are on fire finding stuff. Kudos!

I've been a Democrat for a very long time now, NewRoxFan (no secret!), and I considered myself a liberal independent before that. Having lived through a lot, a political junkie the entire time, I can tell you that the trump campaign colluding with Russian intelligence services, something that could never have occurred without Putin's knowledge, is an event actually worse than the Watergate Scandal. trumpGate is an attack on our democratic system by a hostile foreign power, an attack with the collusion of the campaign of the presidential nominee of one of the two major political parties. Watergate was emblematic of what were mostly bumbling efforts to negatively impact the opposing party in an illegal, underhanded way. The burglary was bumbling on a massive scale. The trick on Senator Edmund Muskie that got him to shed a tear, ludicrously ending his campaign for all practical purposes, was more effective. The impact of Watergate, in any event, was simply staggering. Yes, staggering, but chump change compared to trumpGate, in my humble opinion.

The weight of scandal pouring from the White House due to the trump campaign's collusion with Russia threatens to bring effective executive government to a standstill. GOP members in Congress, as well as the trump White House, are looking worse by the day, often by the hour. Democrats, while deeply worried about the country and much else, should at least feel good about their chances in 2018 and 2020, yet I worry. My party has been given these golden opportunities before and not taken advantage of them, not like we should have.

We need new leadership. Democrats need new leadership at the top of the Democratic Party. Chuck Schumer may be a member of the "establishment," but at least he's a relatively fresh face as Minority Leader, considering the guy he replaced. Then we look at the House. Speaker Nancy Pelosi continues digging in with those fingernails, keeping her rather ineffective leadership and tired face in front of the public. There are other potential leaders, more appealing and even charismatic, that are waiting in the wings for a chance to lead the party, both in the House and nationally. Pelosi needs to go!

No Worries likes this.
  8. bigtexxx

At least you're honest and admit there's no evidence of collusion.

cml750 and pgabriel like this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The lengths at which they go to defend treasonous behavior is remarkable. It's all about collusion for pg...does not matter that they were knowingly going to a foreign enemy state to help them win an election.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That speaks volumes in itself. Why would a leader in charge of a world power that has interests that are in conflict with the US and also desires the lessening of American hegemony want a horribly incompetent man running our country?

I wonder? I mean, why would Putin want this? Some serious critical thinking skills need to be applied....

11. dandorotik

Yes, I do not think there is concrete evidence of collusion at this point. Personally, I'm bored by the whole Russian thing. But people in general are not- that's the main reason why CNN keeps featuring it- they get more clicks on those articles than others- doesn't make it right, but money talks.

The main problem I see is that Donald Trump Jr. can't keep his story straight- for a scandal-thirsty populace, it's just more Grand Marnier on top of the Tequila
    The thing is, I don't think you can say "the left" anymore than we can say "the right." Honestly, there are too many factions within each. Generally speaking, there are some who do want to justify Hillary's loss. There are some who just want to try to get Trump out any way they can. And there are others who are very concerned about a foreign government trying to use illegal means to influence a U.S. election. Most on the left wouldn't call it illegal if Putin or Netanyahu came out and publicly supported Trump. But trying to hack into computers? Maybe they feel that goes into the illegal realm.

I really don't care at this point if he's innocent or guilty of anything. I just hope they come to a speedy conclusion. Too many things that are more important to deal with, IMHO.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The right goes after Hillary for these faux scandals - with emails and benghazi - manufactured for political reasons. If Bill had meetings with russian surrogates and all of these lies you can bet they would be going apeshit!

13. bigtexxx

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Since early on, trump has been espousing pro-Russian foreign policy. He also doesn't get uptight about things like human rights. His whole approach is to an amoral deal maker. He seems like an ideal president for Putin. I have no doubt we would have a great deal of rapprochement if trump wasn't under so much pressure right now.

15. dandorotik

Yes, I do not think there is concrete evidence of collusion at this point. Personally, I'm bored by the whole Russian thing. But people in general are not- that's the main reason why CNN keeps featuring it- they get more clicks on those articles than others- doesn't make it right, but money talks.

The main problem I see is that Donald Trump Jr. can't keep his story straight- for a scandal-thirsty populace, it's just more Grand Marnier on top of the Tequila

16. dandorotik

If I'm not mistaken, does not the American government have the right to conduct surveillance on foreign entities? I do not think this is the same as hacking into computers - but I could be wrong- I haven't really looked into it too much. I agree that President Obama probably should not have done that- unless there is something I'm missing.

And then there is this:

“The magnitude of the eavesdropping is what shocked us,” said Bernard Kouchner, a former French foreign minister, in a radio interview. “Let’s be honest, we eavesdrop too. Everyone is listening to everyone else. But we don’t have the same means as the United States, which makes us jealous.”

17. bigtexxx

The right according to whom? The German government? Probably not! By your same logic, we could say that the Russian government claims that Russia has the right to send phishing emails to idiot Democrats like John Podesta and then sit back and enjoy their plunder.

18. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Well, I think I do understand but I don't care to explain.

Will you answer the basic question of when it would cross the line for you? Or is that a never?

19. Buck Turgidson

I would enjoy a great amount of laughter and elation at the hardcore Trumpfans (and don't forget the "I didn't vote for him but...'s") trying to spin and control this story, but Trump is the POTUS, so it's just depressing to know that these people really do exist.

20. bigtexxx

I guess "evidence" isn't required for you to mock others?

You'd just rather sit back and lazily claim moral and intellectual superiority (both of which you are not qualified to claim).

cml750 and pgabriel like this.