1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 "Harden why u do dis" Breh Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Yung-T, May 31, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You know why some RPG games have this kind of history and longevity......

They go in parties and everyone gets a drop of item, sooner or later. Everyone wins in a way.

You dun get much out of this except the initial draft, and then it is a who steals whom......the fun concept is lost.

You are all here because you love basketball and bball superstars....I get it but the concept isn't that great to begin with.

You build teams around a lazy ass, punk Bynum, then semi crazy Artest and just above average Bogut.

Yeah sure. BleBleBle they have elite seasons.......who cares, Bynum is out of the league by age 26.

The actual WWE or NBA is better.

Unless you forfeit this kind of judging and reasoning, I will never be down with this! NEVER!

Have fun! Good day!

#1361 daywalker02, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This seems extremely dishonest, sorry.

You were talking about what we can do in future drafts etc, still joked with me prior to my last vote.
    As soon as you lose, the whole concept of this is apparently completele crap and you also sh** on me, it seems dishonest.

And again in your last post, you completely sh** on the choices other people made with their picks and act like you had the only good team, while everyone else had a disfunctional squad full of bums.

I know it hurts to lose and agree that the judging system is flawed, but seeing how you trash opponents every round, you'd likely also be extremely upset if you lost via a completely objective simulation (via 2k or whatever). You are not looking at this objectively.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is not the Marvel's Avengers or Defenders..... CP3 Avery Brad. Artest Lebron Bogut

They do not get Spacing Period..........Individual defenders do not play the best together. This just feels like a heap of 2 way players who have similar strengths except CP and Lebron and others can handle the ball a little.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, screw this. I am out of here. Well, you turn out to an aggressive dude of some kind as well. Thanx..... dishonesty.....I am a Scorpio by horoscope, they are among the most honest guys.

you can't handle this.

#1364 daywalker02, Jun 28, 2017
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Judging me because I am a 1st time drafter, well done. well done.

Your draft your meltdowns are ok.... well done, well done.

Well, at least you had your fun.

I think you are an ok guy but if you let this side of you surface, Slippin Tizzy, then it won't be good.

Just an advice from a elder breh.

Sure I said somethings about others roster but that was in the framework of what could have been said.

It is for the best if we dun talk for a while. Dishonesty. I will remember.

My mistakes are mistakes, nothing life changing, earth shattering. Nothing dishonest about this.

Who cares about this anyway. This will be long forgotten but things won't go back to normal.

At first I just do not want to talk about basketball with you, but that escalated quickly.

I won't blame you because that is who you are, maybe not a bully but not good with people.

Or people like me at least, passionate people.

In time I will probably forget a little but I can't go back to earlier.

This Draft made me look at myself and others in a different way, it shed a different light on folks.

1. Your soccer knowledge vastly outshines your basketball knowlege. The same with me maybe but I have been more in the Dish and GARM for better or worse. I have done tons of word battles.

2. Sure you defended the Judging system, I assume the Judging system was also a product of yours and others in the distant past.

Judging in itself is subjective.... as said earlier.

You try to be objective ok but it's your eyes. It is just not objective and obviously there is some slight nepotism here.

I think people trust guys like JMC or FTW just because they have done drafts in the past.

But that isn't FAIR. I can understand it but that does not change from what it is.

The Judging is flawed to the CORE

Let me tell you this! This is honestly what I think. HONESTY. If you don't believe it fine but that DOES not make it NOT TRUE.

Putting People on Ignore isn't a bad thing. The New Ignore system is really good.
    It gives people time to think about what they have said.

Glad I have spent time in different countries, I didn't take after one country's characteristics.

#1365 daywalker02, Jun 28, 2017
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Pointing out that saying things like "You build teams around a lazy ass, punk Bynum, then semi crazy Artest and just above average Bogut." is not objective and makes you look biased isn't by any means bullying, sorry.

I've even talked to you outside of this board and thought we were cool, putting me on the Ignore list because of the draft is a real b**** move.

This has nothing to do with bullying, but when you talk bad about other teams and then attack me to the fullest it seems like you simply can't deal with losing.

I kept this thing with lwqbulb about basketball completely, you're going on a personal level now for completely selfish reasons.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm simply saying that you aren't objective and seem to take the loss in an extremely personal manner, which is unnecessary. I didn't disrespect you in any way and even agreed that I was overreacting in the bulb matchup or that the draft was bad.

Meanwhile, you attack me to the fullest, call me a bully, put me on Ignore, say everyone else has crazy-ass or bum players.
    Really confusing to see you saying "but if you let this side of you surface, Slippin ******, then it won't be good.", while you're the only one being disrespectful and aggressive right now. And then even using my real name here, nice.

#1367 Yung-T, Jun 28, 2017
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Never said this and on multiple occasions apologized to bulb, never got personal.

This is funny, coming from a guy having a GOAT meltdown and attacking every opponent's team. Even putting someone on Ignore because of this little draft (that you "don't care about"), when we talked outside of the board before.

Again with the subjective ish, just because you disagree with me. The discussions on Bird's role on the Celtics etc have shown that I know what I'm talking about.

No I don't and I've sh**on the system in every single draft, even sparking a discussion in this one and asking for change.

Again playing the victim instead of simply accepting the votes or that your team had a tough matchup.

Thanks for the next personal shot at me, just out of spite and not beign able to accept your loss.

9. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

Well Guess things are getting pretty heated but we should all remember that the draft is for fun. Just need to chill guys. I think everyone agrees that drafting is fun even though it took awhile but is still fun.

Judging is where it got heated and challenging so maybe we can solve things by abit of simming in the next draft. I myself don't like to judge as I know whatever I say, the person I am not supporting will reject my opinion and I just don't like getting into arguments. thats why I don't comment much during judging. Just don't have the time and energy for it. I didn't argue back even though I lost and though I feel I had a better team( I think everyone feels that way cause we are biased and human) cause I respect others opinion so we all should too. That's why I feel simming is a good way to solve these but of course we should add the appeal round.

So anyone else has 2k Sim other than the commish as his is fried. Or is it gonna be fixed soon?

Yung-T likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are all hiding behind names, handles..... the Interwebs is a dishonest medium and at the same time open one....

I think you at least have to think through things that you say.

Dishonesty or Honesty in an dishonest medium?

It is really just argumenting for argument's sake. Nothing more.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You should win, no problem with that. I just thought right after the Draft, that my lineup would really fit to compete with yours.

Honestly. But that is just my opinion. One problem I have though is the speed and Pace of this Draft, it has been slower than a snail, I wanted this to be over with.

One of the reasons I forfeited.

No harm done.

JMC's and your team of course are pretty stacked.......he still has a tad better length in the front court.

#1371 daywalker02, Jun 28, 2017
  12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Again, wanting to sim games instead of voting would have made this judging issue a NON issue. Also, I remember there being a time when someone mentioned doing a speed draft where the brehs lock in for like a 2 hour window together and draft one right after another (just like fantasy football). I think we can improve the pace by doing the lightning window rounds, but the judging is something I have a hard time figuring out a solution. 2K won't have all the players we draft (especially if we do a draft like this with limited stars, nobody gonna spend time on resurrecting Larry Hughes, Andre Miller, other role players that aren't mine, etc.). I don't think we have enough brehs who aren't interested in drafting who would be interested in judging. And usually once you've been eliminated most people ignore the thread. If there were a generator or simulator out there that could plug in stats from bball reference and compare the dynamics of our teams to make an outcome of a 7 game series, that'd be super sick (might look into seeing if there is anything in the works or try my hands on developing myself). Any who, I don't want this to be something that divides the brehs, I'm friends with a lot of you outside of this board and have always been open about things in here. I think until we can figure out a new way to judge, this drafting should take a hiatus.

Sorry I haven't been as active this draft, I will not make excuses, I could definitely have put more effort. May the next draft be an improvement on the last. Let's not hold grudges on something shortsighted, please let's make amends and move forward being brehs!

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

dang breh. wassup? i leave the thread for a minute and tony stark and cap is civil warring it.

maybe for next draft we can rethink the voting scheme, with points instead, so we'll just tally up the points to see who wins.
    a simple example:

chemistry: 1-15
    inside scoring: 1-10
    perimeter scoring: 1-10
    passing: 1-10
    perimeter defense: 1-10
    rim protection: 1-10
    fappability: 1-15
    clutch: 1-5
    size: 1-5
    speed: 1-5
    hustle: 1-5

add it all up and that's 100 points. so we can also get like a grade of sorts based on the universal 100 points.

<3jont

Yung-T, LCAhmed and daywalker02 like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

CP and Harden maybe Lebron will join....who knows.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

So do we have finals yet?

RedNation likes this.
  16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

jmc vs ftw, if people still want to vote.

jmc: Gregg Popovich

Pg Mike Bibby/Eric Bledsoe
    Sg Dwayne Wade/ Byron Scott
    Sf Tayshaun Prince/Corey Maggette
    Pf Tim Duncan/ Donyell Marshall
    C Rudy Gobert/Jusuf Nurkic

ftw: Pat Riley

PG: Chris Paul
    SG: Avery Bradley
    SF: Ron Artest
    PF: LeBron James
    C: Andrew Bogut

Bench:
    Derek Harper
    Jason Richardson
    Richard Jefferson
    Raef LaFrentz
    Tree Rollins

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

btw I hope you're ecstatic with the CP3 signing, @DonatasFanboy.
    Think this will revitalize your basketball passion. :p

RedNation likes this.
  18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Poor LeBron. Duncan and Pops again, and this time Wade is on the other side. :(

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i had to google to understand what you meant. nice. the Rockets got a top 20 player of all time still in his prime for Pat Berverley and some garbage pieces, wtf.

RedNation, daywalker02 and Yung-T like this.
  20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wtf lol, you should go to the GARM more often haha. CF is in complete celebration mode right now.

Jontro and DonatasFanboy like this.