1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Official] Red Sox @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Dont bother. This Major dude is FOS

2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Always nice to hear this tired crap. Yes we are all aware that there are more games to play. The mind numbingly horrible call to steal is a reason for fans to get pissed. Nobody gives a rats *** if there are more games to play. Has nothing to do with last nights incredibly stupid call to steal with our best power hitter up and also he's red hot right now.

3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

At the end of the day it was a horrible call. At the end of the day you are still dead wrong.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

And lost in all the knee-jerking, "Hinch sucks!" nonsense: Fisher had the base stolen TWICE and Aoki spoiled them by fouling pitches off. If you want something to legitimately b**** about, there ya go. Why was Aoki swinging?

Houstunna, Fyreball and kaleidosky like this.
  5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Often times, it seems like if our guys just stood there with the bat on their shoulders, we would get more guys on base.

6. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Uh, Yuli didn't swing at any of those pitches. That's why he got tossed.

7. Hey Now!

Why are you so stubborn? This is a fairly easy one.... Kimbrel has a long stride to the plate and is easy to steal on, as evidenced by Fisher twice getting gigantic jumps on him during Aoki's at-bat. Additionally, Kimbrel has been nearly unhittable this year - Fisher's was just the ninth hit he's allowed in 31.2 innings. Altogether, teams are slugging .143 against him this year. He's given up 5 HRs in his last 85 innings. That level of sustained dominance, combined with a very good OFers playing deep, made an extra base hit virtually impossible.

As @Major correctly pointed out, when you're playing %s, a steal + base hit are far more likely in that situation than an extra base hit that also scores a guy from 1B. Or, some combination of two hits/walks, considering Kimbrel has yielded 14 in his 31 innings this year.

The bottom line: it's a decidedly unfavorable position to be in and the Astros tried to level the playing field.

marks0223 likes this.
  8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I meant in a world where the ump actually does his job correctly :)

9. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Ironic that you, of all people, are calling one of my posts "tired crap".

10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Had our best power hitter ( who is red hot) up and fisher was already gassed from those hit and run attempts by Aoki. Kimbrel wasn't at his best last night and he's due to give up a run. We already had a hit off of him. The ump was terrible and also helped us lose. Yet, as soon as Fisher took off for that steal attempt i knew it was over.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Can't imagine @Castor27 should have to put up with him (again) much longer... there's always room for 2nd guessing and healthy back/forth discussion, but he's taking it a step too far with this tantrum on display. You'd think he'd have learned enough of a lesson the first go-around.

12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

No. Your post is tired crap. Passionless fans might agree with you but not me. People get happy/mad throughout the course of a season. Last night there were several reasons to be pissed. Making the last out on the bases, trying to steal with springer up is just bush league crap.

13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Nick, stop running to the moderators. Nobody cares.

14. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

So since I don't throw a tantrum and insult other posters, I'm a "passionless fan"? Got it.

You just keep being you, buddy. You seem to have all the answers anyway.

15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

No, because you excuse bad baseball decisions that lead to losses. That is why you may be considered passionless. I don't care if you act like me. You can be you and still have passion, buddy.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

As you know, people get banned for acting like idiots... keep it up.

RockFanFirst likes this.
  17. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Hey guys, can we just talk baseball?? Let's just talk baseball, remember? :D

18. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Volume doesn't dictate fanhood or passion level, buddy.

19. Hey Now!

Let me break this down further for you... Since August 1 of last year, when he returned from his knee injury, Kimbrel has pitched 53.2 innings and allowed 20 hits, 2 home runs. During those 52 appearances, he's allowed multi-hit innings twice - once last year, once this year. He's been "due" for nearly a year now - but he continues to blow through hitters. The Sox are 29-1 in games in which he pitches this year.

And, frankly, I'd want the manager fired if they ignored Kimbrel's dominance and instead managed from the position that he was "due to give up a run." He's given up 3 all year but, sure - passive was the right approach there...

kaleidosky and RockFanFirst like this.
  20. Major

Major Member

So in other words, you also don't understand basic math. Thanks for clarifying.

I think you're going to find you're going to hate being an Astros fan this year, because they are going to consistently do the smart thing as opposed to whatever dumbass decisions you prefer. Get used to being a bitter, unhappy fan following the worst manager in history leading his team to the best record in baseball.