1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 Rate My Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by FLASH21, Aug 29, 2015.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i think that is an excellent team. from sites i have seen that is 3 of the top 10 or 11 rated players this year. along with gore being top 25-30 or so. and also foster was a 1st round pick if he comes back healthy for the 2nd half of the season you would have 4 of the "top 10" players.

as far as your QB, after rodgers and luck the next 10-12 could end up in almost any order so it's a crapshoot.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

12 team 1/2 ppr. (quarterbacks get 4 points for a touchdown)
    Round Pick Player Position
    1. (11) C.J. Anderson RB
    2. (14) Matt Forte RB
    3. (35) Randall Cobb WR
    4. (38) Jordan Matthews WR
    5. (59) Doug Martin RB
    6. (62) Sam Bradford QB
    7. (83) Martavis Bryant WR
    8. (86) Alfred Blue RB
    9. (107) Teddy Bridgewater QB
    10. (110) Delanie Walker TE
    11. (131) Michael Floyd WR
    12. (134) C.J. Mosley LB
    13. (155) Baltimore DEF
    14. (158) Matt Prater K
    15. (179) Knile Davis RB
    16. (182) Charles Clay TE

and now you know why i said doug martin would be a top 5-7 running back. ive been targeting him (along with sam bradford) for a few weeks now. :cool:

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You could have drafted Bradford 6 rounds later.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

perhaps. but there are 2 big philly fans in my league and i dont think either had a qb at that point.

luck, rodgers, and wilson (yeah i know) all went in the first round. and brees in the second, along with a few others like manning/romo/ryan in the rounds after. so i would have had to wait 21 picks for a qb again.

i think he could be a top 5 qb IF healthy. his adp has risen in two weeks from beginning of 11th round to mid 8th round.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

10-Team standard yahoo league. This is my big money league of the year and i'm questioning some things and really would like some outside perspective. Will rep TIA

QB - Phillip Rivers, Jameis Winston (easily my worst position i believe)

RB - Adrian Peterson, Jeremy Hill, Carlos Hyde, Alfred Blue, Todd Gurley (strongest position)

WR - T.Y. Hilton, Jordan Mathews, Brandon Marshall, Desean Jackson, Breshad Perriman (I've tried lobbying for a more clearcut WR1 using my RBs to no luck so far)

TE - Delanie Walker (if QB isnt the weakest this is for sure i forgot lol)

K - Matt Bryant

Def - Arizona

Any and all thoughts is appreciated and will be repped. Thanks.,

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Be patient on the clear cut WR1 search... you never know one of Jordan or T.Y. could emerge as one.

Imo you should target a bad team with a good TE once the season gets going. The most optimistic route would be the team that has Gronk bombing because Brady is still suspended and they get desperate. That's thinking on the brightest side.

If that doesn't happen try a straight up trade for a TE2 which I believe there are 3 of (Kelce, Olsen or Graham) with one of your RB3 borderline 2s... it's hard to make trades happen especially in $$ leagues, no one ever wants to admit they failed and make a trade to compensate their failures, so GOOD LUCK!!

1 person likes this.
  7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Just drafted.
    8 team PPR

QB: Rodgers
    RB: Lacy
    RB: Alfred Morris
    WR: AJ Green
    WR: Brandin Cooks
    TE: Jordan Cameron
    Flex: Julius Randle
    D/ST: Seahawks
    K: Prater

Bench:
    QB: Brady
    RB: Arian Foster
    RB: Chris Ivory
    RB: Darren McFadden
    WR: Anquan Boldin
    WR: Brandon Marshall
    TE: Zach Ertz

I don't know what to think. Don't feel too good about it.

Should I make any moves?

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yes. When playing fantasy football, you should ONLY draft football players.

1 person likes this.
  9. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

10 team ppr

QB - Brees
    RB - Charles
    RB - CJ Anderson
    WR - Hilton
    WR - Maclin
    TE - Julius Thomas
    Flex - Andre Ellington
    K - Viniateri
    DEF - Philly

Shorts
    Foster
    Rudolph
    Duke Johnson
    Decker
    John Brown

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Solid draft, but I feel like you should have a few better players in a 10 team league. Your roster doesn't look as stacked as most... did you take Foster and Brees pretty early?

It's not a bad team at all, I'm just used to seeing 10 team leagues stacked from top to bottom.

11. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Would like more input on my draft please!

12. what

what Member

In a big money league, I would have tried to get a stub qb. If Rivers goes down, you are in big trouble and even if he doesn't go down, trying to wrangle 95 points a week from this team is going to be difficult, in my opinion.

Outside of Adrian Peterson, all of your back could end up as busts. Hill had one good year, but he still has a LOT of competion for that starting job. Blue and Hyde are flyers in my opinion. They could be good or bad.

Your receiver corp is your strongest position in my opinion, and that's reflected in the fact that nobody wants to trade a #1 wr for any of your backs (outside if AP, I assume).

1 person likes this.
  13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

For an 8 team league, I don't feel very good about this draft. When you come out of an 8 team draft with a couple of borderline RB2s (I assume your flex is Joseph Randle?) you're putting strain on your flex position. Your team's success will depend on Foster returning to form at some point and whether or not you Cooks lives up to the hype.

Roster breakdown:

QB - Rodgers/Brady Really kind of a silly pick in an 8 team league. In an 8 team league you will be able to find a good fantasy QB even toward the end when other guys start drafting backups. You could have went with Brady/Bradford and maximized your RB/WR depth.

I think you would have been much better off if you had loaded up on RB/WR instead of taking Rodgers. Taking a QB highly is never a good idea unless you are confident you can find replacement depth for the RB2 or WR2 you passed on to take Rodgers.

RB - Lacy, Morris, Randle, Ivory, McFadden

Lacy is a great pick and does give you a benefit of snagging a very large percentage of Green Bay touchdowns by pairing with Rodgers. Alf Morris isn't a sexy pick, but he's been consistent so far throughout his career. Randle is a toss-up right now and really too much of a risk to take so high. Talent vs system is something you have to take into consideration when drafting. Joseph Randle isn't going to put up DeMarco Murray numbers despite running behind that beast line. Just like Jeremy Maclin isn't going to put up Dwayne Bowe stinker numbers just because he's in Kansas City. Ivory is a decent RB4 however who could put up RB2 numbers in a pinch. McFadden is Randle insurance but he's as fragile as they come and was god-awful last year. His vision is non-existent at this point in his career.

WR - AJ Green, B Cooks, B Marshall, A Boldin

This WR group is not solid enough in depth for an 8 team league for my liking. Green is low end WR1 and Cooks is high end WR2. Marshall is getting old, but will get opportunities if he stays healthy. Boldin is the kind of pick you shouldn't be making here, there is absolutely no upside in that pick.

TE - J Cameron, Z Ertz

I'm fine with waiting on TEs this year. In an 8 team league, you'll probably be able to waiver wire a TE who will give you just about as much as anybody not in the top 5. Cameron and Ertz both offer upside.

1 person likes this.
  14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Disagree. The benefit of getting a QB in later rounds is that there isn't too much of a drop-off between each QB. Even if Rivers gets hurt, he should get comparable production from Palmer, Bradford, and maybe even Bridgewater.

But there are 11 or 12 QB's I'd rather have over Rivers...in which round did you draft him?

You seriously think Bernard is legitimate competition for Hill's starting spot? I've done a bunch of yahoo pro leagues, and I've seen Hill get drafted in the first round plenty of times.

Regarding Hyde, I'm not a fan, but I do think you're undervaluing him. Even though SF should have a bad offense, Hyde should get a lot of touches. He's not going to win you any weeks, but he shouldn't be a liability.

15. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I took Brees in round 5 and Foster in round 7. The commish of this league did some shady stuff this year before the draft. We didn't have keepers last year nor did we expect to have keepers this year. He implemented keeper rules with last year's draft/roster being eligible to keep this year.

There were also owners that did not return this year. Newcomers just took over the vacant rosters. If it were up to me, I'd start the keeper rule with this year's draft being the eligible keepers for next year. Retro applying that rule to last year didn't seem appropriate in my opinion.

16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Bumpity bump

17. what

what Member

I would never say Gio Bernard is anything close to a can't miss. I am only stating the fact that Hill was in the exact same spot that Bernard was in last year and you see how that ended up.

Bernard might in fact be out of favor in cinny, but the guy has too much talent for me to be comfortable saying that HILL is a surefire #1, no matter what anybody says.

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

That was an entirely different situation. Last year, Hill was unproven. Once he got some playing time, it was clear that he was better than Bernard.

This year, both players are proven, and regardless of how talented Bernard is, it's clear that Hill is better.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Just finished a draft in a 12 man league. 5th pick. Non ppr.

Start a QB/2 RB/2 WR/Flex/TE/DST/K

QB: Tannehill
    RB: L.Miller/L.Murray/L.Blount/T.Coleman/R.Hillman
    WR: A.Brown/Calvin Johnson/D.Adams/Charles Johnson/B.Quick
    TE: T.Kelce/T.Eifert
    DST: MIA/BAL DST
    K: Walsh

What do you guys think?

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I don't think it's far fetched to say Bernard is as talented as Hill, but clearly Hill is much better suited for the lead back role. I think there will be plenty of opportunities for both backs, Hue Jackson is a brilliant offensive mind. He turned Darren McFadden and Michael Bush into a dominant one-two punch.