1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Warriors' Curry to be named NBA MVP; Harden runner-up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TesseracT, May 3, 2015.

1. Marteen

Marteen Member

BEST THING that could have happened, honestly. I want McHale to SHOW this to Harden. Ohhhh boy.

1 person likes this.
  2. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously... always enjoyed JR's posts but something (not sure what) happened this postseason to change that. It's a shame, too... to root against your own team's success (from the top to the bottom of the org).

Really hope he makes it back. He's a quality contributor.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

+1

Love the info/news JR provides. The trolling, however, gets old.

4. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

You are truly embarrassing all around.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

what a shocker!
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kvL3jL2ppa0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

Just need Altuve to finish runner up for MVP this year and we can complete the trio! :mad:

7. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

i love basketball more than football but JJ Watt is probably a bigger name in the sporting world lol

8. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Curry is quite possibly the greatest shooter in league history and his team won 67 games. I can understand the reasoning for him winning the MVP. Harden had an amazing season no doubt willing a banged up squad to #2 seed but the Warriors just had a ridiculous season with Curry being incredibly efficient. With that being said, I fully expect this to light a fire under James, this actually bodes well for us in the playoffs.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nope, it is completely disrespectful to Harden and Harden's family. At least that's how Harden should take it.

1 person likes this.
  10. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Well, I know one thing I'm embarrassed about. Hint: it's your post. Go play in D&D.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Totally wrong. I live in midtown and have never heard of JJ Watt except on CF. I don't even know how he looks. The only Watt I know is the Unit of Power and the only JJ's I know are JJ Barea, JJ Redick, even JaJuan (JJ Johnson).

Basketball is a universal sport and Harden is a worldwide figure and known all around the world. JJ Watt is not even famous in Houston LOL. I have seen billboards of Dwight and Harden all over the freeways and even ads on TV with them but NONE of Watt.

Anyway let's get back to the topic.

12. dabush713

dabush713 Member

I don't know who Altuve is and FYI I have never heard of him. He is irrelevant in the sporting world.

And don't bring this stickball stuff into the GARM.

(sarcasm)

13. conquistador#11

watt, you might be the best player in football period, but this award is for quarterbacks, sorry, bro.

Harden, you've taken your defensive game to a height no one thought it was possible, carrying an entire city on your back, dominating as the best player this season ; but curry is so damn cute like kitten. sorry, bro.

Altuve, From lastros to firstros. Pitchers fear you that they walk you but You don't play in Chicago or NY, sorry bro.

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

it was there year. they had a ton of wins.

next year they wont be able to resign all of their free agents, the rockets wont be as injured and will be better since young guys develop.

next year the rockets will have the best record in the nba and harden will be MVP.

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

going to be funny when Harden wins the players MVP

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

you're an idiot or just oblivious to things if you never heard of JJ Watt living in Houston.

Anyways it was predictable for Curry to win after seeing everything in the media. Harden will hopefully have some fire and continue to play well in the 2nd round and the rest of the playoffs

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

I'm with you guys- IMO Harden absolutely deserved the award.

But let's not overlook what Curry has done this season. Sure, his team is stacked and they would probably still be a very good team without him. But Curry has had a phenomenal season. He was the reason they won 67 games, got the first seed, and are still considered as the favorites to win the championship this year. No one can take away from how good he has been this year.

Picking Steph Curry to win the MVP was a right choice. It's just that, IMO, James Harden would have been the "more right" choice.

18. Lightsnowaction

Better be some fights in the WCF against GS if we make it there.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I can't wait to see Harden b****slap Curry in the WCF and lead Houston to the title just like how Dream b****slapped D Rob

Harden is already the biggest Houston sporting figure after the Dream retired and this would solidify him a solid #2 amongst all time Houston sporting greats.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

great post and all that needs to be said.

The more interesting and tragic thing, to me, is whatever happened to J.R. Would hate to put that dude on ignore for the playoffs, but I do enjoy my zero-troll view on the CF.