1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard leaves game injured against the Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

You can't compare the Spurs and Heat with our current roster...The Heat had one of the best players the game has ever seen alongside the two future hall of famers...The Spurs have 3 hall of famers and the best coach in the league..Without Howard we are not a contender and if you were trying to argue otherwise you are overlooking crucial parts of the equation

The Dwight LA argument is in no way fair, you can't win with Dwight because he was surrounded by a past his prime injury plagued Steve Nash alongside a frustrated Gasol due to a coach who refused to use post players...D'ntoni didn't know what in the world he was doing and the Lakers staff built an offense around Steve Nash and Kobe...Nobody on that team was healthy including Dwight, the "4 hall of famers" barely saw the floor together...If you want to bring up that point than you might as well bring up the Orlando team that Dwight led to The Finals rather than having a selective memory

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Dwight is only questionable for tonight. Probably won't play though, since it's LA. They can get Capella some better target practice tonight and send him right back.

3. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

your analysis is largery based on post de facto justifications

since spurs won championship they were hofers in their prime
    since lakers didnt they were not in the prime

if nash won with the lakers you would be wondering about him still being in his prime in 40.. you would be gloryfying him for stil being in the prime...dont say you wouldnt cause its obvious you suffer from the lack of imagination

had it happen that heat lost you would be claiming dwade was out of prime...

as per Heat featuring one of the best game has seen dont you know that Harden is now better that that player?

in case we won championship without Dwight and only with Harden of course you would switch the story and claim harden is one of the best... to rationalize that unexpected happened...

the same story about spurs... a cuople of years now people are saying they are old and since they still are competing people say(in order to rationalize) of course they are spurs they never get old... they are exceptions...

Only in your tiny mind you cant compare spurs heat and rockets...unexpected things happen all the time...and we played our best this season without Dwight...

Atalanta Hawks has no real center and they are winning 16 in row...how s that possible without a center?

4. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

And your argument is largely based on what ifs and fantasy rather than fact

Hold up, Where in my initial argument did I state that the San Antonio trio was "in their prime" they are not and that much is obvious...That doesn't change the fact that they are hall of famers...If and What ifs in no way change the ruling that those teams succeeded through coaching and systems...In what ways is our current roster without Dwight similar to those teams...Again the Hawks are succeeding with their coaching and system (Although you are not giving Al Horford enough Credit), but their current iteration has won a title or competed in the post- season as of yet therefore they are not relevant to the conversation

Your imagination is just that, your imagination...Don't insult me and put words into my mouth with what if statements trying to pass them off as facts...A huge part of our roster is built around D12 and if you believe that Dorsey or Capella can legitimately log critical minutes in a playoff series that is beyond me...Belittle me if you must, but the legs of your argument is "This team is a contender without Dwight Howard"...If you believe that a guy who can produce 26 ppt 14 reb and 3 blks when healthy in a playoff series does not help our team I don't see how it is my mind that is little...

When the game slows down you need a guy who can secure defensive boards (Ala Bosh,Duncan) protect the paint, and hold an interior presence...If not you need a coach who can shield these deficiencies (Pop) or a collection of the greatest talents in the world (Lebron, Wade, Bosh) and even that doesn't always insure results...The Playoffs and the Regular season are two completely different beasts and Howard is a large piece of what we are trying to achieve this season, whether you like it or not

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You can't really screw up "ex post facto" and then accuse someone else of having a tiny mind x_x

2 people like this.
  6. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's worth noting that TheFreak also argued against the Harden trade in the original thread so...take that for what it's worth when trying to reason with him.

7. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

"It's worth noting that head coach Kevin McHale said he's "not real hopeful," that Dwight will play tonight, so it's sounding like he's closer to doubtful than a game-time decision." ---On my Yahoo fantasy feed.

1 person likes this.
  8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Howard was a monster but we also had guys that could help and fascilitate. We are still in dire need of someone besides Harden that can break down the D and get Howard the ball. Without another one of those players we will not make it out of the first round again. It definitely looks like he is trying too hard on the offensive side right now. These are the intangibles that Parsons gave us and you don't see on the stat sheet. Should have matched that offer Morey.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

this team is more fun to watch without Dwight

1 person likes this.
  10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Is it fun watching Boozer, Hill, and Sacre destroy us inside?

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can't stand watching Dwight. Entirely unlikable...

1 person likes this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

our offense is more fluid without an injured Dwight. He had no lateral quickness and would take shots away from the offense. Let him rest up and so he is 100% in the post season where his defense will be needed. That James Harden guy?...I think he's pretty good ;)

13. Mr. Clutch

Boozer, Hill and Sacre already have 15 rebounds.

14. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Unless if he is setting a pick and rolling to the basket, sending shots to the stands or catching alley ops I also hate watching him play.

15. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I agree.

16. Mr. Clutch

Unless Dwight is PnRing, playing defense, dunking, or rebounding, I don't want to see him.

Wait, that's a lot of basketball.

17. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

I like Dwight, but im not rushing to get him back, yet

18. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Yeah but Dmo is a top 5 rim protector and is the best post player on our team and scores as efficient as Harden. He is also a great defender. Get rid of the bum Howard.

19. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Dwight Howard is on the decline and is getting washed up. His ass can rest up to the playoffs because his ass is brining nothing to the table. Trade him while you can. :grin:

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Dwight hate reaching absurd levels...

I don't like watching him post up either, but there's too much good he provides to think the Rockets are better off without him, especially when the alternatives are Joey Dorsey and Clint Capela...

1 person likes this.