1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard leaves game injured against the Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jan 23, 2015.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, Rockets have no chance of a championship without Dwight playing at a high level, winning regular season games is not the same. If you want Dwight off the team, fine, but we need more rebounding and athleticism from the center spot.

1 person likes this.
  2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Spot on. As long as he goes into beast mode in the playoffs like last year- we will be fine.

What we need is to have harden and Dwight in beast mode simultaneously

Having TJ back is going to be, in the words of Bill Worrell " like getting another player back".

Ok, thanks Bill. In fairness, he went on to say "without giving anything up".

I think if our team is devoid of season ending injuries going fwd, we are going to get stronger and peak at the right time.

I can only hope that like veteran players lose weight and improve skills, add a 3 pt shot or play better D and rebound so too will McHale improve as a coach. I don't subscribe to the notion that he is what he is and that's it.

Go Rockets

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The only way to beat GSW . . I think we need pound the paint

Rocket River

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

No one has answered my question yet...did he roll it on his own? I can't tell from Clutch's picture, but it doesn't look like he was pushed or hit. Nothing on YouTube.

5. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Yep he rolled it on his own, jumped for the offensive rebound and landed awkwardly...Didn't

6. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

^didn't land on another player's foot...My bad mobile posting acts up some time :(

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Likely through for the season, maybe his entire contract, doesn't look like he wants to play anymore. Something is going on that we don't know about.:confused:

8. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Unless you didn't know he has been playing through an injury... umm no.

9. solid

He just looks like he wants out. I may be totally wrong.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is what it looks like to me, that something is really bugging him - it could be the worry on the injury, it could be anything - but he looks like he is really not competing at times.

I think the team will be much more efficient offensively with DMo at center, you gain better post scoring, and a lot less turnovers, and DMo moves his feet to close the lane better.

But, we will lose that rim protector that Dwight has that scares teams...so I think we will be worse on D.

It will be interesting to see how the team does with DMo at center and a bigs rotation of TJo, JSmo, and DMo.

DD

11. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Get well Howard. Can't wait to see you back on the court

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Capela! While we're still waiting on TJ.

I wanna see Capela for spot minutes like end of game or end of quarter situations. Let's see if his blocking ability translates to the big leagues.

13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We should start Capela tomorrow.......

14. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I hope you are wrong and if he can win here he won't win anywhere.

15. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

I think it's more so frustration...I mean he came into the season feeling healthier than he had in years and then got struck with a knee injury in preseason...He was actually averaging just above 20 pts for the season prior to his recent knee injury, but has struggled since and missed more games this season than any season in his career

It's gotta hurt the physce when your body starts to fail you and the things that came so easily for you are now difficult...Tho many see it as a lack of heart I feel that it is the opposite...He feels he has invested a lot into this city and organization and he wants to deliver...We as fans have gotta support the big fella and hope he can get to 100% for the post season

16. rocketsmetalspd

I also believe that Dwight is very much hurt and was playing on a knee that is keeping him from playing his game. He looks slow on there and he really needs to take some time off to recoup. Will be interesting to see how the addition to TJones will have on the team. I believe his D will be Key, being able to block shots and get the rebounds in the paint.

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Calling up Capela just for defenisive purposes would work out. Just tell him to focus on quality screens and protecting the rim plus rebounding. If he dioesn't have to worry about scoring I think he could make an impact

18. solid

Not a bad idea. What's the downside?

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We could win tomorrow with me at center. Start Capela alongside DMO. DMO can get him an easy pass or two to flush.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The downside is Hack-a-Pela. That dude shoots free throws worse than Dorsey.