1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard leaves game injured against the Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jan 23, 2015.

1. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

sit Dwight until playoffs... then sit him some more....

1 person likes this.
  2. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

This seems to be a recurring theme.

3. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Honestly I can't wait for his contract to run out. Never liked him and mad when we got him. Knew he was going to be a shell of his Magic playing days but I did get ray of hope in howard in that playoff series against the Blazers. Alas it was all for not.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Offensively they may be better without him. Especially now that they have a pretty good bench and everyone(aside from T-Jones) is healthy.

Defensively though, they need him. Even weaker, coasting Dwight. When he's out of the game, they really struggle on the boards. The only reason it didn't affect them last night against Phoenix is because Hornacek uses such a small lineup most of the time.

5. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

we dont need dwight...
    who care if we struggle on the boards? we were winning without him and playing well...

and all that crap about rim protection is blown up out of proportions...who protected rim for lebrons miami heat ? noone yet they were winnning...

6. mockster

mockster Member

Put dmo at C josh smith at PF, maybe get him use to the starting unit and more minutes. He's been playing mostly good off the bench. Then bring capela from d league and sub him at the C spot.

7. mockster

mockster Member

Come playoff time it matter. As we saw from last season playoff Dwight is a monster.

8. Zbed

Zbed Member

lol stop posting

9. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I say we should sit him.

This year offers a rare circumstance in which playoff seeding doesn't really matter (1-8 is equal difficulty/all elite teams that can win it all). While we would possibly be a higher seed with Dwight-- we will surely still be good enough to get into the playoffs without him

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying we're better without Dwight...but we're better without an injured/unmotivated Dwight.

11. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

They're calling up Capela, Dwight will be out a bit.

12. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

If you want to succeed in the playoffs and not just the regular season, you need the production that Howard brings...Sure you'll win in the regular season, but if you are comfortable with Joey Dorsey playing key minutes for defensive purposes as he did against the Suns then I don't know what to say...little things like defensive boards and interior prescence on both sides are necessary to succeed when it really matters

13. Normalus

Normalus Member

he's already 7'0'' and still can grow up to 7'1'' or more, that's crazy with his athletism :eek:

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well said. It would be nice if we had somebody a little more gifted than Dorsey as a backup, though.

15. tdo

tdo Member

I typically disagree with you, but you're spot on with this. If there is any way we can continue to win at a decent clip with a rotation of Dmo/Smith/Dorsey/Capela, I'm completely fine with letting Dwight rest for a while, and try to get him as close to 100% by playoff time.

16. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Ty, I can't rep you anymore... But DAMMITTT... Well put...

T_Man

17. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

We should've kept Black. Dorsey commits too many silly fouls down low.

18. brownxmas

brownxmas Member

I hope so. I want to see what the youngster can do at the top level.

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Be prepare for bad 1-1 defense and great weak-side help defense and not much on offense. Most of his offense down in the D was putbacks and high screen-and-rolls.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

It is weird but I feel the Rockets are a better team without Dwight right now.

If Dwight gets back to last year's playoff form the Rockets are a 10fold better squad than they are now.

But, with Dwight's ability to defend being hampered, you can no longer overlook his offensive ineptitude.