1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard leaves game injured against the Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Yo Dwight rest yo ass up... We don't need your ass right now, we actually play better team ball without you. Just be ready and healthy during playoffs. Now tjones can come back and ball for us and D-mo can get way more touches... Dwight will not be missed at all.

2. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Sad but true... Dwight is just not the same player anymore, he's not getting any younger, he is losing his athleticism, he is injury-prone, his post up game is not any good. When he gets back to 100% that's a big IF, he should stick with rebounding, blocking shots and playing defense like Dandre Jordan then we will be an elite team.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Feigen said he was in a boot...but then he said he took it off and was singing...not sure what to make of all that. Sounds like maybe he was trying to be funny and make it seem serious and then took it off...probably was held out as a precaution.

My guess is they'll sit him against LA for sure, hoping he can go against dallas wed...if not they might as well sit him for boston too and bring him back against Detroit..but again, that's assuming it wasn't bad at all.

#63 RV6, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Get well soon big fella, we need you for the playoffs.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Hope it's not serious, we really need the big guy. I hope this convinces them to shut him down for a good amount of time and have him work on his balance + conditioning before being eased back in. Maybe we can bring Hakeem back for some post work as his post game has regressed a bit since last season.

There is no doubt rolling your ankle is common when your balance is poor, in Dwight's case it looks like he's been favoring the uninjured knee.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So does this mean more Dorsey in clutch time! I can't wait!

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Does anyone else feel like I do that this season has storybook potential? We seem to be "dipping" at the right time. GSW is playing all-time historic basketball right now, but aren't they peaking a bit early? You don't see OKC or SAS looking too afraid of ATL or GSW, is what I mean.

For the Rockets, on the other hand, this injury gives us a chance to work TJones back into the rotation, and perhaps even more importantly, another chance for Josh Smith to prove himself. We'll need him these next two weeks, and I hope that by the time Dwight comes back he'll bear witness to a rotation that has become tighter in his absence. Working him back in won't be easy, but hopefully it will make everyone that much more efficient.

I wouldn't count us out yet. We have a chance, and the #1 reason is that we have the biggest shotmaker at the end of games in the NBA right now.

1 person likes this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

God help us.....

EDIT: Seriously, though, Dwight's been a millstone around our necks. Offense with him in the game? Painful sometimes. Probably not 100% physically, half-interested at best (wonder how all those custody stuff went or if it's weighing on him).

If he can take a few games and get right, it might be better in the long run.

Sure hope TJ gets back quickly though.

#68 ROXTXIA, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  9. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I know a lot of you say that Howard is no good. To me the guy gets hacked like no other player in the league and doesn't get calls. He then gets frustrated and it takes him out of the game mentally. It's unfortunate that for whatever reason he just doesn't get calls, but we saw last year that during the playoffs, he was the only one beasting. I will not worry if we lose him a couple of games, I do know he will be ready come playoff time and give it his all.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Knee is more concerning than the ankle.

11. Progs

Progs Member

Capelasanity.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It really didn't look all that bad, as far as ankle turns go. I was surprised when they announced he wasn't returning to the game.

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Agreed, but I still hopes he sits the next game. He just hasn't been right for a while now.

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Rockets scored 64 points in the paint against the Suns. Do the Rockets play better in the paint without Dwight?

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

yup, I think some people misunderstand the larger point of this

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

harden certainly seems to have more room to operate on drives. there was one possession in the 4th where ariza had the entire lane empty for a rare drive to dunk as well.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I wasn't. First of all, better safe than sorry. Secondly, the Rockets were playing pretty well without him once he left the game. I wouldn't be surprised at all if McHale and his staff were thinking why mess with a good thing.

And I'd be stunned if he suited up tomorrow night whether he's feeling alright or not. Just rest him til Wednesday against the Mavs.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I think he'll be back for the Mavs game.

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Sit Dwight down for a while. At this point he doesn't add much really on either side of the ball.

20. iBleedRocketRed

don't ask me why but I didn't exactly hold my breath I immediately Thought Clintcappella