1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

He just came in for Ronaldo.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Still don't get why they will sell di Maria, he, Modric and Ramos are Real's most important players by far in my opinion (yes, I'm leaving out Ronaldo). Guess selling jerseys to James bandwagon fans and the latin-american market is more important to Perez than a CL title.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Benatia agreed to a contract with Bayern, according to L'equipe. Bayern now negotiating the transfer fee, Roma wants 35mil plus bonus sums, Bayern offering 30mil atm.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't understand how Chelsea gets so much hate when RM gets a pass for being the pioneer and basically Chelsea on triple steroids... at least from my small observation.

5. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

In regards to what

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Mou, Money, Mou Problems?

1 person likes this.
  7. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Real gets Just as much if not more hate.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

In regards to "buying" trophies.

I guess maybe it depends on where you are. Most people I speak to around Asia admire RM and then continues to bash Chelsea. Maybe SJC can shine a light on this since he's been Aroundtheworld (no pun intended heh heh) a lot.

9. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Madrid are the OG galacticos, they will always be known by that :eek:

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

It's probably because Madrid have the history, Chelsea don't. (History in terms of winning trophies). The Chelsea glory days became more consistent after Roman's arrival. Madrid have had more trophy winning consistency over the decades and they aren't in the "Nouveau riche" category like Chelsea, City, PSG.

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I'm too tired to click on ESPNFC, :( :grin: Has the transfer gone through officially?

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

No, still in transfer fee negotiats. French and Italian press also reporting we're in the pole position for Verratti from PSG, is he any good? Watched a ScouingNation video and he seems to have great vision and aggressiveness.

another topic:
    Balotelli to Liverpool apparently done, according to Di Marzio. 20mil I think.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

done deal *

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

But why only 20mil tho? Aside from his craziness, I thought he would cost more than that on skill alone. I don't really follow him aside from the occasional games here and there when he was at City.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Madrid have history

Chelski are buying their way to history.

Madrid have always been a top club.

Chelsea was upper mid table fodder until the Russian billionaire mafia bought his way to some trophies.

Also, most Chelsea fans are what you call bandwagoners or gloryhunters. I assure you that they never heard of Chelski until Roman came in and bought a few trophies.

Add to that you have an egotistical, petulant, whiner as a coach in Moaninho. I don't think any real football fan can appreciate Chelsea.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He's extremely inconsistent, doesn't show any improvement or motivation to give 100% on the pitch. After his failed stints at City and Milan no top club would pay more than 25mil for him.

17. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

£16 million seems super cheap, even with a risk like Balotelli. It's already on the BBC, so it's done. Compared to other strikers, it's a bargain... but I wouldn't want him anyway.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am still in shock over this

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Balotelli was full of **** then when he said he wanted to leave City because he was homesick.

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ Racism? What other reason? :confused: