1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA All-WC draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by DonatasFanboy, May 17, 2013.

?

Which type of draft do you want (multiple choices possible)

Poll closed May 22, 2013.
  1. Try West conference

61.5%
  2. Normal all-nba draft again

23.1%
  3. All-time

23.1%
  4. All-ginger

46.2%
  5. Any

7.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

hey, thanks for your take. if you want to join one of these at some point, let us know.

2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

What's up man? Haven't seen you post in a while. Thanks for your opinion but spooner has won twice in a row so no need to encourage him more :grin:

Hope to see you in a draft soon.
    And someone hurry up and vote.

3. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Man, spooner all over again. Ban him! :rolleyes:

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Damn. I've just looked at that all-primes draft where Spooner started the streak. I wish the voting happened now, i had star power in that draft but my role players lost it and now they are sexy (Curry and Hibbert). :grin:

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

someone needs to vote.

Yung-T vs. RedNation 2:4
    Horry33 vs. Jamers 4:1
    Jmc vs. Spooner 3:3
    latebloomer

6. VBG

VBG Member

i think i voted already. ugh. i won the very first draft on this forum and haven't won since. :(

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i think i never won. i can't remember. i kind-of won once but it ended up tainted by the minimuffin votes.

8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

at least your not the tmac of the league :(

9. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

can i vote again? :rolleyes:

10. RedNation

You had the clear best team then so you won. I've won thrice :p

11. Spooner

Spooner Member

Contrary to popular belief, Faried isn't great defending in the post...
    My small lineup is better anyway.

Dragic
    Jack
    Carter
    Gallo
    Howard/Ibaka

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I think he's pretty bad defending everywhere. But he's a nice quick cutter, runner and manages to get boards even vs. big guys. So I think he's by far the better option (compared to playing Jamison at center like the Cavs used to do).

I don't know that you need to match down necessarily. Should just stay big and pound them for those 10-15 minutes while Duncan rests. You would dominate offensive boards and score at will with Ibaka/Kanter - and it would be a Dwight free throw fiesta with Ibaka/Dwight. His hope would be that his guys get hot and get a few transition points and 3s to keep it close until Duncan is back.

13. Spooner

Spooner Member

The jazz almost made the playoffs because of their rotation of bigs. The reason they didn't make the playoffs is because of their backcourt. ie Mo Williams.

14. RedNation

Alec burks. Good thing no one drafted him.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Mo Williams was solid, Hayward was solid, Gallinari-esque.
    But Jamaal Tinsley/Earl Watson point guard rotation to finish the season was historically bad.

16. Spooner

Spooner Member

Probably wouldn't go small. Just pointing out my small ball lineup is better anyway. I feel like people are becoming a bit jaded....

My frontcourt wins hands down. I would take all 3 players in my frontcourt over his without question. Dragic at this point in his career has outperformed Rubio. My bench is much better without debate. Klay Thompson is the only advantage he has, and Klay has been a little overrated on this board. In any case, people forget what a great year Carter actually had. Just feels like I should win this matchup easily. If your team has Duncan playing center, you better hope you have someone playing backup center. It's just logical. I have the best frontcourt in the draft and Im in real jeopardy of losing to Faried manning the C position? Do you really think a combination of Faried and Jamison are going to get it done against a center who shoots .544 in Kanter, Dwight Howard, and Serge Ibaka? Also, all I've heard against my case is how his players would lock mine up. While Duncan defends Howard while he's in the game, wouldnt Howard lock up Duncan as well? The problem for jmc is how to score. There is no shooting in his lineup outside of Thompson. My defense is just as good overall, if not better. Instead of focusing purely on how teams would stop me, which is becoming the trend, ask yourself how he would put up enough points to win. I mean really? Im stacked with shooters.

17. RedNation

Did rr14 vote? If not, vote

18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I assume you mean besides Duncan. I think that f we are talking talent, starting lineups are evenly matched, Duncan was better than Dwight this year, Ibaka over Faried, Rubio over Dragic, wings are kind of a wash.
    Defensively, Ibaka can stay closer to the paint because Faried can't shoot = a ton of shotblocking in the paint. But Jmc has much better perimeter defense.
    And offensively, the Dwight team is very well built with shooters everywhere and multiple scoring options. But the Duncan side has Rubio's passing, the best offensive post player in the matchup, and spacing should be just good enough - both Klay and Tay have to be respected, and Duncan's range is close to the 3pt line. Keep in mind that Rubio does what he does on a Timberwolves team that has horrific shooting. Running Jmc's team would be easy mode for Rubio.

My main issue was the bench. Starters could go either way, it's very even.

19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I've never won a draft...

Two times I've thought i should win and had the best team,i lost to jamers...

All time draft in the championship, and the first round of this draft...

So yeah, basically, jamers sucks...

20. Spooner

Spooner Member

I respect your opinion, but I have to severely disagree with you on many points.

First off, as much as people like to think Dwight fell off the planet, he was still better than Duncan. Both players scored the same amount of points, however Howard did it at .578 as opposed to Duncan at .502. That right there is a huge difference. Howard pulled in over 2 rebounds more per game as well clocking over 12 per game. Defensively, it would be hard to argue that Duncan, at his age has as much defensive ability as Howard, who has been a consistent defensive player once again this year. I don't even see why this would be such an issue, considering the fact that its just common logic to have a back up center for Tim Duncan. Dwight Howard would clearly play more minutes, or abuse an exhausted Duncan. You honestly think in a matchup between Faried and Howard, that Dwight Howard is going to lose? Also, Jamison is going to have to play quite a bit of minutes himself and he's also very old. You think hes going to fare well against Ibaka or Gallinari?

About Rubio, saying he had no one to pass to doesn't account for his atrocious shooting. 10 points on .360? WOW....... In any case, just because he played for the Wolves doesn't mean anything. Goran played for the worst team in the west in the Pheonix Suns and still managed to average more assists. Plus he scored way more than Rubio on a respetable .443 from the field. I'm at a loss for how Rubio right now, is better than Goran. Thats like saying Tim Duncan is way better than Howard based on nothing.

Yes I suppose you have to account for Tayshaun Prince and his 1 three point attempt per game. As well has Jmc's other 2 shooters(ROFL). Seriously, Dragic could sag off Rubio and help against Thompson instead. Faired can't shoot at all, so Ibaka could do the same with Duncan. It's just astounding to me how you think Duncan would have an advantage against Dwight Howard AND Ibaka. Especially considering the fact, barely anyone else can shoot in the starting lineup. It would be atrociously bad. Thompson, who is overrated to begin with would get the brunt of defensive pressure, same with Duncan. Who else is going to score? There is going to be a lot of pressure on Faried and Rubio to create a lot of points.

Defensively, Jmc doesn't much have better perimeter defense. That simply isn't true. Klay Thompson at best played good defense. Vince Carter was also a plus defender this year. Believe it or not there isn't much of a distinction between the two. Gallinari has become a very good defensive player. As a matter of fact, my whole starting 5 consists of plus defenders. It always becomes how would people stop me, but then you turn around and say Duncan would have an advantage over two of the best defensive bigs in the league, especially considering the fact his 4 can't score consistently. It simply isn't true. I'm tired of people treating my guys as one way players. On top of that my post defense is much better all around. My bench is much better as well.

All of this is a moot point considering the fact that Jamison is going to have to play a lot of minutes in the post against Ibaka. Duncan is inevitably going to play less than Howard, and I have Enes Kanter. There is feasible explanation as to how Kenneth Faried is going to stop Dwight Howard for an extended period of time. None.

Next time anyone wants to debate the merits of a team, please bring facts to the table. Thanks.