1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With a sweep on the line, Dwight just quit on his team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Apr 28, 2013.

1. MONON

MONON Member

Howard & Asik in the same starting line up? That means that 40% of your starting 5 shoots 40% from the FT line. You aren't winning many close games that way!

2. kastuul

kastuul Member

We should believe our coaching staff can make DH better.

3. shortylilboi

shortylilboi Member

r u srs that u still wouldn't want him? look at our rebounding against the thunder it has been atrocious and durant just going into the lane uncontested is unacceptable. he might be immature but i still rather have him if he does decide to come to houston

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I've been saying all along, and it's been obvious, Dwight isn't saying anything, and anyone trying to imply anything is just extrapolating old information.

He's been looking forward to free agency for god knows how long, and he was always going to explore it.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Kobe and Lebron was accused of quitting too at one point

6. Swishh

Swishh Member

Shaq just said he doesn't think Dwight will come back :D

7. ooox

ooox Member

Shaq also think that DeAndre Jordan is the best center in the Western conference.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

I'm with Kenny Smith I think he has to go back to LA.

9. TISNF

TISNF Member

You do realize that's not as ridiculous of a statement as you're insinuating, right?

10. kastuul

kastuul Member

Look at JR Smith.
    His personality and inconsistency are much worse than Howard.
    Now, he is 6th man of year.

We have the Dream and McHale.
    They can fix DH's life and make him a better player.

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

lol Shaq and Barkely going off on Howard's offensive game.

12. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Would rather have Dwight than smith, Millsap, and Jefferson at their asking price, but i would rather have a pau gasol type 4 (idk who). Someone who can post up, hit the midrange, and a great post passer.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He made a good point.

You play for the Lakers and get a extra 30 million...what is there to think about?

The fact that he has to sit back and think about it should be troubling.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, Barkley said that Hakeem and McHale were two of the best mentors Dwight would have. Is Houston not the clear and obvious number one choice for Dwight?!

15. Swishh

Swishh Member

touche...

That is true...but I just don't see it happening. If anything, I honestly think Dwight would rather go to Brooklyn than Houston. Brooklyn could probably do a sign/trade with the Lakers involving Brook Lopez.

16. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Although he may be an upgrade to Asik, I don't think Dwight has a great attitude about winning. He always takes the easy way out and blames everybody else when he loses.

17. larry cook

larry cook Member

get him while hes down Morey, we always bring the best out of players after they become comfortable with Houston.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

As much as i love Omer, how many times this year have we watched him fail to catch a ball, or catch it and fail to finish.

Dwight has been a punk, but you have to be pragmatic. He is a much better finisher, a better post option, and a better rebounder, even in a down season.

Dwight Howard is not a great post player, but in Orlando he was still able to command a double team and create for shooters (4 consecutive 50 win seasons, 6 playoff series wins). He had a bad year, but he is still capable of commanding a double team, this season in LA was a complete disaster, but there were a lot of factors that led to this, not just Howard.

I would still love to have him here, and so will Morey. This whole offseason will be a full court press for DH-12. Th 30 million is not a true number, most of that is based on the extra year, it's more like 10 million.

19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Dwight's pal Jarrod Rudolph has had a few interesting tweets.

20. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Its an interesting dilemma. $30million or a chance at a ring.
    Harden chose the $30million.
    LeBron chose otherwise.