1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LAST GAME OF SEASON: IF we had a chance to help Utah into the Playoffs, but knock Lakers out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Apr 10, 2013.

?

Would you rather?

1. Help Utah into Playoffs by beating LA

308 vote(s)
    83.9%
  2. Help Lakers into Playoffs by losing to LA

59 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The Rockets are already locked into the seed. They can play and risk injury, but help the Jazz get into the Playoffs, OR they can play the bench and lose, but help the Lakers get into the Playoffs.

What would you be rooting for?

2. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

The jazz have knocked us out of the first round so many times. I would love to return the favor. We will take care of the lakers in the conference finals.

3. wincan459

wincan459 Member

It is not a complete poll. Need to add- who cares.

4. HL3

HL3 Member

It's not about helping Utah, it's about signing Dwight.

5. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Fack the Jazz, but Lakers missing the playoffs would be sweeter.

Besides, it increases our Dwight chances this summer.

6. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

hate for utah>hate for la

sure it would be funny to see la fans cringe but i could NEVER justify cheering the jazz on anything

1 person likes this.
  7. wapz

wapz Member

respect for nash, and, by some miracle, him finally getting a championship before he retires made me vote help lakers.

ps. id rather watch spurs against la for the love of basketball

8. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

We should repay the Suns' effort today by making sure the Lakers are out of the playoffs.

9. showa13

showa13 Member

this is so conflicting. I hate both teams with a passion, but I would absolutely love to hear what Magic Johnson has to say if the Lakers don't make it, but he will be even more of an ear-sore if they do. But no one in the NBA wants to see the Jazz bore up the playoffs.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

a) You play to win the game

b) I hate them both, but I would love to see the Lakers miss the playoffs even if the consequences are that Utah gets in

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The Lakers have a TOUGH schedule to end the season, they will go up against the Blazers, Warriors, Spurs and us.

The Jazz will have 2 games against the Wolves and finally a game against Grizzlies.

The schedule is ridiculously complicated for the Lakers. The Spurs could tank to play the 7th seed instead of the 8th seed Lakers, and they might want to rest their players in general. On the other hand, if they do want to keep the 1st seed, they have to keep playing their best players because they are only a game ahead of OKC.

Then you also have the warriors, if the Lakers beat the warriors, that gives Rockets incentives to play their starters against the Lakers because that gives us the opportunity to grab the 6th seed.

There are so many factors coming into play for this final schedule for the Lakers.

12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I am rooting for the jazz and down the Lakers. Make them a loser so we have a better chance of getting Howard lol.

13. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

This is like asking if you rather having measles or chicken pox

14. jocar

jocar Member

At this point in time it would be much more satisfying to destroy
    [​IMG]'s hopes, and shut
    [​IMG] up.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'd probably rather the Lakers get in just because the TV would be more entertaining, and the Jazz are my least favorite team in the league. But seeing the Lakers miss the playoffs with that team would be pretty great and Dwight would possibly leave.

Either way...I'm happy

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Also missing ambiguous yes/no questions.

17. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

A young playoff team shouldn't tank any games. Win all we can I say.
    It'll be a playoff like game assuming the Lakers still have a shot, which I doubt. I think they'll be eliminated before that game. Utah will go 2-0 against Minnesota and Lakers 1-2 before the season finale.

18. underrated015

underrated015 Member

My hate for Utah has gone down after Sloan left. L.A. not making the playoffs would be crazy because of all the superstars. So I vote knocking the Lakers Out. That would be sweet.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IMk5sMHj58I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think the Spurs would try their best to knock the Lakers out. They can't assume that they would slip to the second seed if they lost to the Lakers. If they let the Lakers in and ended up at the top seed, they would have to play the Lakers in the first round. I am pretty sure they would much rather face the Jazz.