1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official 2012 NFL Season] Fantasy Football Lineup Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by moestavern19, Sep 4, 2012.

1. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Crabtree owned me...

Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles, and Wes Welker underachieving for me sadly.

2. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

Never bench your studs... :(

[​IMG]

3. AB423

AB423 Member

F U Josh Freeman and Victor Cruz... with that said, I made it to the next round :)

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

sucks i had the second highest score last week in first round of the playoffs ...and lost to the guy who had the highest score (f seattle defense last week)

this week of course I have the highest score out of anyone in the league :(

at least i made it to the championship game in my other league

5. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

PITTA!!!!!

Saved my season with Stafford and Nicks disappearing. Onto the big one :cool:

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

Oh God, I had 28 point lead and now I need 23 points from Chris Johnson and Shonn Greene to win. Such a bad sunday with only two double finger scores :eek:

7. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I am in the Super Bowl!! In my eight years of doing this this is only the second time I've made it this far. I'm getting a head start this week, I will probably keep re-posting and asking for advice as I have an ridiculously deep team with great match-ups:

[​IMG]

Initial thoughts:
    I am probably going to bench Victor Cruz for Randall Cobb. I'm very suspicious of Jamaal Charles and Stevan Ridley after their lackluster performance this week, but their matchups are awesome and I'll probably not be able to bring myself to bench two of the top ten RB's this season in the Super Bowl. I'm also considering subbing out Steve Smith for T.Y. Hilton.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

^^^
    Your team is really similar to mine. I would do what you said with Cobb. I could stand the inconsistencies of having Ridley, Charles and Morris. Morris is finally starting to become better, but I got rid of Charles, traded him for Vincent Jackson and Heath miller,

9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Mid-week update. Projections are out. I'm projected to get 132 with this line-up. Reggie Bush is projected to get 19 points which I don't believe for a minute. Then again, I don't really trust Jamaal Charles' 19 point projection either. I'm really in a pickle with WR's also.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Keep an eye on injury statuses and possibly inclement weather conditions.

11. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Yeah I'm especially keeping on eye on Jimmy Graham. Even if he plays I wonder if they're going to limit him with his wrist injury. I'm going to pick up Dennis Pitta probably for back up.

12. Normalus

Normalus Member

Is there a chance that Rob Gronkowski would play? Because I was not expecting him this season, and now he is market as Questionable at espn :confused:

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

What are the chances that Dennis Pitta repeats Sunday's performance? Just put in claims for him. I might still roll with with Heath Miller though.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'd say he's got a pretty good chance to have a solid day if Torrey Smith is out.

15. Pete the Cheat

I am sitting Graham and Gronk this week, so the question becomes:

Pitta or Bennet at TE? leaning Pitta

additionally, should I start Kaepernick or R Wilson this week? they are going head to head, and I am leaning Kaepernick at the moment.

also, am I crazy for starting D Williams over Chris Johnson this week? Johnson put up all of 20 yards in the 2nd half last night...

16. red

red Contributing Member

I've made it to the finals. Should i start Carson Palmer who has been my difference maker all season and a pleaset surprise. Russell Wilson who could explode like last week. Or rosthlisturdburger who I picked up on waivers for an extra choice?

#2196 red, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I like Palmer's matchup the best, but he can go full r****d and throw 3 picks at any given moment. However Carolina's D has stunk something fierce all season.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Pick one Defense

GB vs Ten
    Den vs Cle
    Ind vs KC
    NYJ VS SD

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Indy.

See if you can grab SD, too.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I have all 4 of them.

Title game, money league.

Indy intrigues me but KC still does have Jamaal Charles who could go for 10 yards or 200.

My opponent dropped his defense, so I dropped 3 bench players and snatched up the 3 best available defenses.

You play. To win. The game.