1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Jeremy Lamb the next Monta Ellis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D12 fan, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Grape_Swisha281

tmac 2.0... a winner/hard worker/good teammate

2. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Nope. His game is similar to Kevin Martin

3. Grape_Swisha281

please explain

4. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Rip Hamitlon.

5. skyline07

skyline07 Member

hopefully his scoring ability

6. jocar

jocar Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j686NCPHnUA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

His game is nothing like Kevin Martins.

8. psingh34

psingh34 Member

dream on if he is 3/4 the player tmac was then we would have a total steal. There was a time when kobe was demanding a trade that tmac for kobe didnt sound like a ridiculousness idea. He was a two time scoring champion who was also an excellent defensive player (see his performance against dirk in the playoffs when howard was on the injured list )

Lets add his court vision to that equation and yah tmac was amaazing

9. rocketseagles07

Please explain to me how they're alike

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

I hope he's more efficient and a better defender than that scrub.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Monta Ellis is 6'3 in shoes with a 6'2.75 wingspan which is why his teams play him at the point and they lose all the time. That and he puts getting his own over his team's performance.

Lamb is a 6'5 guard with a 6'11 wingspan and about as pure of a SG that you will see coming out of college. Nothing 'combo' about him at all. On defense he will obviously struggle early on due to his weight, but his wingspan makes him a sneaky good defender in the passing lanes (think Trevor Ariza who would get about 1 breakaway dunk per game), and personally I believe his young age and projectability almost guarantee that he will not share the same fate as Kevin Martin. He's gonna put some pounds on; just give him some time.

And no I won't compare him to anybody yet. Let's give him some playing time first and then we'll see.

12. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Monta Ellis is terrible. He can put points on the board but he is a terrible defender and a low efficiency scorer. He also led his team nowhere.

13. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

What. I was expecting a picture of Kobe Bryant.

14. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Too hard to tell without watching him play in the NBA.

15. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZYO6KBTALBU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Well that's not a good comparison. Lamb is a much better shooter and has a long wingspan which helps him contest shots. People thinks he is a liability on the defensive end because he's lanky but he is a decent defender because of his wingspan.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

12 years from now, people will be comparing Lamb to Kobe and Jordan.

18. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Jeremy Lamb reminds me of Rip Hamilton how he moves without the ball and comes off of screens, Ray Allen when he shoots the three, and he gets to the rim like Jeremy Lamb.

Only on defense would I compare him to Monta Ellis, but I'm excited for this kids potential. our starting SG for the future.

19. rocketseagles07

Agreed. Monta is way better off the dribble than lamb and lamb is a much better shooter than Monta. Monta is a combo guard with no defined position, Lamb is a shooting guard period. They're two totally different players. Lmao @ calling monta a scrub, I'm not saying he's a centerpiece or a star. I just enjoy seeing the players you guys call scrubs, and then watching you overrated our players. Monta would be the best players on this team if he came to Houston immediately....

20. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Agreed, Ellis is No scrub! The guy is a scoring machine no matter were he is u have to account for him...as far as comparisons Ellis is faster, better ball handler, and better passer...lamb is young so scoring wise he should be able to progress to Ellis level and on d he should be way better with his length...these guys are nothing alike really as others stated but lamb should develop into a 20+ scorer with no problem (in couple seasons)