1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Power Rankings] Rockets ranked 28th......what a joke.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jul 25, 2012.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

Makes sense. When you are one of the youngest teams in the NBA you don't win a lot of games. This is what Scott Brooks told OKC when they were going through growing pains, "we weren't loosing games we were learning how to win games".

2. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

I don't disagree with these rankings but I do think there is potential to be better...just no assurances.

A Starting lineup of:
    Martin
    Parsons
    Asik
    Patterson/D-Mo
    Lin

could make some noise. 2 are returning starters (Parsons, Martin), and 2 are comparable replacements (Lin--Lowry, Asik--Dalembert). The big question mark (as it stands) is if Patterson/D-Mo/Jones can step it up in place of Scola and how the bench meshes. And then there is that think called chemistry so really its unknown. The safe pick is to rank us in the bottom 5...but i think we have 8-10th seed potential.

3. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Fixed. That thing. :cool:

4. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

The only valuable players we lost were at the PG position, and we replaced that with Lin.

We still have a top 10 sg in the nba if Martin is healthy.

Parsons will continue to get better and better.

Asik is the best center we have had since Yao.

So tell me why we are ranked 28th again? Ohh because of the rookies.....the same rookies that half of this message board are not willing to trade for the 3rd best player in the league Dwight Howard.

Some of you people are just idiots.

5. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

It doesn't even matter. Very likely a rookie team like this will struggle a lot, but in return we will have a higher pick next year. Seattle was 15th in the west at Durant's first season.

6. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Don't totally disagree I just think it's too early to tell. We have to replace Scola's 16/6 and have an entirely new bench. Even though the rooks have upside, there will still be some growing pains thus the remaining questions. I don't take offense to the rankings--Rockets will be underdogs with that lineup and have a lot to prove but hopefully they can surprise!

7. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Easy cowboy. I also agree with you that 28th is a bit of a snub but this is just one person's opinion. Knicks fan? I think we'll do better but I'm guessing we'll win maybe 20 to 30 games. Playing for the lotto!

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

When the average age of your team is only 22 it's to be expected that people will think you are going to haves rough season.

9. Machado

Machado Member

Houston never gets any love from anyone other than the local media.

Asik and Lin paired with what looks to be a very solid trio of rooks will be a nice thing to watch.

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yes it will be nice. But doesn't mean you are going to win a lot of games.

11. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Dude they are rookies ... expecting them to come in and dominate is not realistic ... I think most people here understand it's a journey.

Why call people idiots ?

If dwight didn't just have back surgery, or acting like a child,most here would happily give up whatever.. I don't get why you're freaking over a stupid ranking anyway ...it's just someones opinion ..who gives a flying fuuuuu

12. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

Love candace baily

13. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Even with Durant, Seattle ended up with 15th in the west in the first season. A 22 year-old team just aren't going to win a lot of games.

1 person likes this.
  14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hURajfBiJjQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_USj&start=9"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hURajfBiJjQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&start=9" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  15. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I would love to have the season finish with this standing. We could get 2 top 5 picks.

16. carayip

carayip Member

The main difference is while Seattle played rookies mainly, our rookies would start on the bench and would be brought along slowly.

17. Akim523

Akim523 Member

So what? Since when those so called rankings have any credibility to begin with?

18. carayip

carayip Member

Bookmark this thread and check how many people need to eat cow. :rolleyes:

19. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I think they are spot on... especially if we make no major trade from now on and play such a young team.

20. bcast89

bcast89 Member

So according to this, we'll definitely overachieve again this upcoming season. I mean, there's no way we're gonna be that bad...right?