1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Late Night....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Uprising, Jun 25, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

It's that time of day...err...night again. Who else is still up and roaming the BBS?

I just got back from the local Bar strip. I was supposed to drive to Dallas this weekend to stay with a friend of mine in Arlington. But I didn't feel like driving the 3hours, and now I am really regreting not driving up there to visit her. But I do have too much to do this weekend school wise, with a test and finals in the next 3 days....but after that I am free and am going to become a frequent to MMP for the summer.

I can't wait. Anyways, just seeing who else is up now and just chillin. Time to rid myself of this buzz and sleep....since it's a slow night. I know, I know...I do these threads every now and then, but hey. I'm bored, everyone went home and I am not ready to pass out/sleep.

2. JamesC

JamesC Member

I'm just bored, looking for any draft information I havent read. I have to be at work at 8am. :(

3. Uprising

That sucks man, I'm so glad I have the weekend off. I'll drink a beer in your honor tomorow when I am floating at the pool.

4. Isabel

Isabel Member

I'm still roaming the bbs, though I need to go to bed. Getting up early to go tubing tomorrow with some different people, thank goodness. I am soooo glad. It will take my mind off all the drama lately. (if you really want to know, read my most recent livejournal entry, linked below) My life is a freaking soap opera that surely cannot really be happening to me. I don't drink, but I need to in order to get through this.

One funny thing happened tonight; a guy in another city called me. We used to be in orchestra together so he had my number. (I was also his professor at one point.) He didn't know whose number he was calling. It turns out his friend was going through his phone calling all the girls' numbers. LOL. They must have been desperate. If I know him like I think I do, I can imagine how much he's had to drink by this time on a Friday night. I think he was embarrassed that the number ended up being mine, considering I had been one of his teachers. :D (I don't mind. I needed the amusement.)

5. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Just got back, I'm really gonna pay for this tomorrow when I wake up.

6. Uprising

Funny story Isabel. Don't feel too bad about the drama, atleast there is somethign going on in your life. Mine has been plain since the summer began. Most of my friends are out of town right now, and that includes the gal I've been spending time with the last couple of years. So times in College STation aren't all that fun, wish the Rockets were still playing.

I'm watching some Jim Carry Vampire movie (looks really old) on AMC right now....I've gotta sleep too. :)

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Just got home from an after-graduation party. Sort of boring, sort of fun. Now, I'm not wanting to go to sleep, and I'm bored. I'm supposed to be up in about five hours to get ready to go on a trip to some river an hour or so south of here for swimming with my girlfriend and her family.

I'm sort of tempted to go fill my car up with gas, just for giggles, but I don't know if the station is open. I have a 30 dollar gift card to Kwikfills, so that rules out any other station.

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Been at work since 8pm and will be here 'til 8am. :(

Oh well, at least it's quiet.

9. Uprising

Wow, that's a rough 12hr shift. What do you do? (other than the BBS....job wise ;) )

10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I work at a chemical storage facility. Trucks come in wanting chemicals, I write down how much they can get and send them off with their paperwork to get loaded. Later on, when they're gone, I update inventories of how much they got. Pretty boring, really.

11. drapg

drapg Member

Mind if I ask a question?

How old are you guys?

I ask b/c I just can't do late nights anymore. I'm only 27, but once the clock strikes 10pm, my eyes magically close and I fall asleep. My body just can't handle it like it used to in my early 20s.

I think I'm a morning person now. I woke up at 6:30am this morning and its a Saturday!

12. JamesC

JamesC Member

I'm 23. Now I'm here at work and I didnt get to bed till almost 3 and didnt sleep till after 4. I'm the supervisor so I'm chilling. As long as the other workers do what they have to do its all good. Now I continue to look for more nba draft info. Tuesday cant get here soon enough.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Went to sleep at 4:15am. Woke up at 7:00am to pull weeds. Ah yes, life rocks...

(oh the pain...)

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Is that the Rice river trip?

15. Uprising

Ouch, that's rough DoD.

I'm 21, so I don't have have any trouble staying up late, considering my work isn't till 10am and I don't work on Sat.

16. LegendZ3

God, feels like someone just shot a paintball into my brain.

17. Uprising

Heh, surprisingly I'm not hungover....infact, I have only been hungover 1 time in the last 4months or so. Is this bad? I think I have reached the point where I don't get hungover anymore.... :eek:

18. LegendZ3

I don't usually get hungovers, this morning is the first in a long time. The trick is to drink plenty of water while you are drinking, but I was so wasted I forgot about it last night.

19. Isabel

Isabel Member

Actually, it was! How did you know? Did you know anyone who was going? Anyway, it was fun... much better day than yesterday. :)

For those who stay up late... I'm 30 and have no problem. I was a little bit wound up last night and didn't get to bed until almost 4... had to get up at 8... but still feel OK. Getting up early is what I don't like. Some of it is just the biological clock. I know someone who's 43 and still stays up until 4:30 every morning, as long as he doesn't have to get up early. (On the other hand, if you call him at noon, you will wake him up.)

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Buck Turgidson and I are good friends and his girl is an instructor at Rice. They have a lot of Rice friends so I hear about these things every once in a while. One of his other friends and I were talking about going. Meeting Isabel would've put me in the Clutch City Hall of Fame! :)

The river is always a blast, glad you had fun.

We drank a lot yesterday and I finally hit the hay around 3:30. Woke up at 9 and feel like a champ. About to wake everyone else up for the trip to MMP! NJ Rocket rocks!!! :D