1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Homeland Security: Testbed of Fascism.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Aug 17, 2007.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This thread probably didn't need a necro-bump.

Andre0087 likes this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

krosfyah and Andre0087 like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

any lack of terrorist attacks that we have had was in spite of the TSA. just a colossal waste of money and a daily violation of americans 4th amendment rights. federalized mall security guards and nothing more. i despise them all.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tsa-screenings-fail-to-detect-explosives-guns-knives-70-percent/

An undercover operation has revealed that Transportation Security Administration screenings at airports fail for the most part.

Homeland Security investigators found that, more than 70 percent of the time, undercover officers were able to get through TSA checkpoints with mock knives, guns and explosives, the House Homeland Security Committee was told Wednesday. Just two years ago, testing found a 95 percent failure rate, reports CBS News correspondent Kris Van Cleave.

Invisible Fan and Andre0087 like this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I remember when Bush mentioned the name 'Homeland Security' it sounded so Nazi-ominous that I knew it would be a bad idea.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

James Harden sighting at 1:20

Xerobull likes this.
  7. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Scoreboard.

It's hard to calculate the intangibles. How do you calculate how many potential terrorists decided not to attack that would have otherwise? No way to estimate that. Net net, we have not had a repeat of 9/11.

Is there room for improvement? No doubt.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It is mostly security theater. When I travelled every other week for 5 years, I used to get around the liquid restriction...by bringing more small hotel shampoo sized bottles inside my carry on. Never had a problem when I carried 2 laptops. And despite those little bottles had a larger combined total volume, I wasn't allowed to put honey or bbq sauce in my carry on.

In fact, I mostly got **** in europe with their bag check when they flagged my extra battery charger. They thought it was some USB IED...

Anyways, having non-state actors coordinate another attack with that sophistication is tough because any place they live in (that isn't on a giant pool of oil) can reduced to rubble, and no one would bat an eye at the UN about it. And **** no, we're not gonna build airports and McDonalds for your mutant children from depleted uranium anymore.

That ****ing presidency...

Oh well, America can't be lucky and care free all the times.

#28 Invisible Fan, Sep 9, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was in my 20s. Forgive me.

krosfyah likes this.
  10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

TSA precheck for the win

Ziggy likes this.
  11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

And Clear.....

At airports that have Clear, I haven't waited longer than 3 minutes at security since I had it.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They are worthless sacks.... program designed to desensatize us for further roll out of nwo style police state tyranny.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Boot licker

14. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Hysterical. I forgive you.

We now know what real fascism in America looks like. He's orange

Ubiquitin likes this.