1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Joe Biden Veepstakes thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 6, 2020.

1. adoo

adoo Member

obviously, ryan has poor reading comprehension, not understanding this

State Atty. Gen. Kamala Harris went up against the nation’s five largest mortgage firms to help deliver a landmark $25-billion national settlement.

2. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously we can all cherry pick whatever data we want. Continue defending the amoral flip-flopping future VP President.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That game made me think while watching of how exciting most likely games will be like when Harden is gone. Need to enjoy this playoffs and next season lol

Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10 and Fantasma Negro like this.
  5. adoo

adoo Member

my, how ryan back-pedals,

• after being rebuke w his false claim, actually parroting someone else's unsubstantiated claim, digressing

Junebball likes this.
  6. Major

Major Member

I'm not concerned about her progressiveness or lack thereof. My objections to her are numerous, but stems from what I see as an arrogance about her. Her answer to calling Biden a racist was "it's just politics". The biggest moment in the campaign was a preplanned racist attack which she fundraised on and later admitted wasn't even factually accurate, and that she didn't even oppose bussing herself. She has the Trump/Cheney vibe of being openly seeking power and is willing to do whatever it takes to do it, no matter who it destroys in the process. She also constantly waffled on policy issues like raising her hand on Medicare For All and then saying she misunderstood the question (she did that on two or three other issues) - it felt like the lying just came second nature (similar to Trump). I don't really care about her policy stances - just pick something and stand for it. Her campaign was also a total trainwreck and was run so poorly internally, with her sister being in charge and running things into the ground, basically. She's just ... slimy, for a lack of a better word. It may not be a fair characterization, but that how she comes across to me. I trust that she's going to do what's best for her at all times.

A lot of people will say this is sexist, but it doesn't apply to literally any of the other women under consideration. I liked Whitmer and Rice. I didn't like Bass because of her baggage, but she seems like a good person. I was fine with Duckworth, Demmings, Warren, etc. It's specific to Kamala. She's the only option that he was looking at that I can say "I'm disappointed."

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

See what you get for your loyalty, blue team?
    Now you gotta fiercely love Kamala Harris for the next 3 months to 8 years.

Corrosion likes this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I thought this article that was written on the New York Times highlights what you are discussing here. Further provide @geeimsobored why some people are not excited about her.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/27/us/politics/kamala-harris-2020-election.html

Seems like she just has a difficult time taking a stance because she is afraid of pissing off a group of voters, therefore, she's not able to make up her mind and she flip flops position quite easily. I can see how anyone would feel uneasy about that, it sure doesn't make me feel confident about her.

RayRay10 and Major like this.
  9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Elections are won on TV (now the internet). Someone disagreed with me the other day when I said Ms. Harris had a top Q factor. But let's review : terrific smile (don't discount it's value), oratory: she is well educated and has tons of experience talking in front of people and is an excellent debater (I think she crushes Pence), She knows the political game, her attacks on Joe were vicious, what do you think she will do to Trump? She's high energy, probably Ms. Rice's weakness.

Sure she has a prosecutorial record with some ambiguity and the GOP will find and exploit minutia. I trust she can explain her motivations.

I think she will be a hell of a campaigner.

Deckard, dmoneybangbang and RayRay10 like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Fiercely love? Unlike the Trump bootlicking trolls here, most are not interested in cult-like worship of politicians just because they’re of the same party.

Harris takes multiple sh*ts on Pence anyways

Rashmon, Dubious, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  12. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Congratulations to Donald Trump, he just got such a big gift from Biden.

Kamala Harris is the worst of all VP choices. She embarrassed herself during the primary and I failed to see one single reason why Biden picked her.

As much as I hate Donald Trump, a potential Kamala Harris presidency scares me. I think Donald Trump will be re-elected.

In other words, we are doomed.

Corrosion and generalthade_03 like this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10 and Major like this.
  14. Dubious

Ms. Rice is best as Secretary of State or Chief of Staff. I actually thought Ms. Harris would make a wonderful Attorney General but so would Letitia James.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If only Biden had picked anybody but That Black Woman, what’s her name, I could have voted for him. Now it looks like I’m all in for Trump.

Rashmon, Deckard, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Can you provide your reasoning? I don't like the choice, definitely at the bottom of my list and based on the policies she ran on, I'm not excited about her inevitable run in 2024, however, I can't say I'm scared of her being a president in the future.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. adoo

adoo Member

both Amy K and Elizabeth Warren would also make good AG

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Will Trump still be bungling Covid-19 by November? Will he still be corrupt, dishonest, and incredibly dumb? Will he still be trying to erode democracy? The answer to all those questions is yes. 4 more years of Trump will be a disaster the likes of which we have never seen. Biden and Harris are tasked with trying to repair the damage done by Trump and his fellow buffoons, and then we look for a new start in 2024.

RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  19. Dubious

Amoral? Flip flop? Have you been asleep for 3 1/2 years? That **** does not matter, it is SOP from the GOP. There would be 50 examples of Trump flopping or maybe not since he comes out on both sides of every issue.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Fantasma Negro