1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donald Trump suggests DELAYING the election over claim it will be 'fraudulent'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Andre0087, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It's calling it as it's seen.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

But seriously, let's drag his heavy ass out of there, in a gentle, safe way, if he won't walk out.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No, it is not necessary to return to stability it will be easier but not necessary IMO.

So now it's ok for the president to have influence over the AG?

The precedent was not set to make a deal to leave peacefully and what Nixon did was not at the level of what Trump has been doing before he was president I can't believe you are comparing the two things this is far worse and more wide-ranging.

What in the History of Trump would make you think he will actually abide by the deal or that the people that would stir **** up will just cool out?

This is crazy talk.

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

No.

He isn't right..... there is no way that 2020 will be the most inaccurate and fraudulent election.

There have been a number of elections, especially in the 1800's in the USA that were compromised....

Hell LBJ lost a Primary when running for the Senate.... then demanded a recount and suddenly new votes appeared and he won the election.

The Lincoln re-election was fraudulent as hell.

6. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

7. dookiester

dookiester Member

You don't need data to figure out that if Trump is reelected, continued erosion of democracy is going to happen. All it takes is a simple thought exercise..... ohhh I get it. A think piece didn't tell you to think it, so you can't do it for yourself. Got it.

8. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10, Astrodome and Os Trigonum like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think the idea that he has enough pull to even try and do this is overblown, I don't think he has enough people in Congress to stand with him, not everybody is a dumb **** like Goehmer and Gaetz enough will know there is no future supporting this.

I don't doubt that Trump will try anything I just don't think he has the actual power base to pull it off, I can't see enough Republicans willing to ruin their legacy and careers for 4 more years of Trump at this point.

And if we need to endure more upheaval to make sure we are not being held hostage by Trump, well it needs to be done.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

"What the hell is he tweeting about now..... elections.... Trump...."

[​IMG]

"Daryl.... get your ass over here"

[​IMG]

"Didn't you learn your lesson with all this Hong Kong bullshit....... now you going in on Trump and I got all these Trump supporters angry"

[​IMG]

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Didn’t know this.

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Trump wants to remain in control so he can continue to twiddle his thumbs and do nothing to contain the spread of COVID-19 in America. Got it.

No chance in hell, Donald. On Nov. 3, I and the vast majority of Americans will resoundly say “You’re Fired” with our votes. Since you won’t approve mail-in-voting for all Americans during a nationwide pandemic because you are afraid of losing power, there’s no way we are going to let you cop out now so you can remain in power even longer.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. conquistador#11

Later today: "He was just be sarcastic. You libras are always so jumpy."
    A week from today : " Nothing wrong with delaying the election for a month or 20 years.He has a great plan for all of us."

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This is the perfect time for a message to all citizens (especially the younger folks): go register for mail in ballot - if available - and mail it in on the first day you are allowed to. Register now if you haven’t. Wipe him out and don’t even give him a chance at calling it a fraud.

RayRay10 and Rashmon like this.
  16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Notice: he ignored the question!

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I did not ignore the question and i never said i was against mail in voting. I responded to his post.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Good news @dachuda86 , looks like Biden doesn't support any commie antifa non-peaceful protest. Now you'll vote for him right?

If your scared of fascism, the choice between Trump and Biden is super clear, isn't it?

No Worries, dobro1229 and RayRay10 like this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Again not saying it's a good idea. I'm laying out the precedent. It's a fair argument that what Trump has done is worse than Nixon that doesn't mean Nixon isn't a precedent and 8 President's labor it hasn't led to rampant criminality.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Did Nixon and Ford arrange a deal ahead of time?

Did Nixon threaten to not leave peacefully?

I really don't know why you are trying to equate the two, is this about precedent or what is good for the country. Why do you think Trump would live up to a deal anyway?

RayRay10 likes this.