1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

It is a foolish and inaccurate. The number of people contracting the virus will shoot up, which will result in the medical infrastructure being over taxes, which results in inadequate care and sick medical providers... which results in the fatality rate to accelerate... which is where you get the 500,000 to 1,500,000 death estimates from. Which would cause the US economy to collapse far more than a quarantine.

So the President can keep comparing it auto accidents if he wants. He knows it is a bullshit analogy but obviously a lot of people do not.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I am of the opinion that it COULD be manufactured or found in nature and release at a specific time by the Chinese Authorities, as the Chinese released a paper about this possibility. THAT or it is just a freakish event and it is natural. But I am not totally convinced it is a bat virus until more body of evidence exists.

Regardless, China let it out and let is get out of control to other countries with full knowledge of how dangerous it was. I also think the CCP may have been too incompetent in the beginning and this is their Chernobyl.

4. Nook

Nook Member

This didn’t age well. Next time, don’t listen to President Trump but the actual doctors. Would you let President Trump tell you what is wrong with your car while the mechanics are standing there telling you there is no basis to believe his diagnosis is right?

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I mean Trump's uncle was an extremely stable mechanic and he really gets those things..so yea sure why not?

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Did they really? That is absurd and negligent if true. A lot of ignorance by our leaders.... apparently calls for parades and large gatherings, Florida beaches not closing and the President calling for packed churches on Easter.

The leadership overall has been really, really poor around the world and in the USA.

ElPigto and RayRay10 like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I have been watching chloroquine since they did initial studies months ago and I don't get my ideas from Trump. There is good reason to believe the drug will help and medical doctors have both used it to treat the virus and are getting caught prescribing it for themselves and family. You need to read more than anti-Trump pieces. My post will age even better in time imo. I have watched this med for months now because it directly impacts my family.

Here is a pretty good write up about it.
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/could-chloroquine-treat-coronavirus/

To be clear no one is saying you should rush out and take it because of Trump. In fact I resent that he popularized it because I have a patient of another illness in my family that needs that med. I actually predicted the shortage in advance before Trump even knew what it was. So keep you comments to yourself until you know who and what you're talking about.

Again no one is saying it's an approved treatment by the FDA but the medicine has shown promise before Trump blabbered on about it. It's got studies and its gotten interest from the medical community despite what your propaganda outlets say.

9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Invoke the ****ing act already, are there any competent people left around him?

AleksandarN, RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

11. NewRoxFan

So incompetent...

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

So basically, trump screwed up, again.

#1112 NewRoxFan, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

14. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

What a ****ing moron. Him saying invoke P on twitter is like Michael Scott declaring bankruptcy in his office building.

15. Nook

Nook Member

My issue is with the President of the United States comments on the issue and how they were counter what the preeminent expert said on the topic.

Concerning reading less “anti-Trump” pieces, I don’t regularly read “anti-Trump” pieces. Regardless he has proven himself to be an unmitigated disaster and anti-science and anti-fact.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

17. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

And the sad thing about all this is it delays real progress even further costing lives all for this dude's ego. What a ****ing moron.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

19. NewRoxFan

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

OK you're welcome to your opinion on Trump man, but I don't hold my opinion on that drug because of Trump. There are several initial studies I've examined and though I am no expert, I have experience with the medicine because of my family taking it and prior knowledge of it. I prepared a list of things we may need to get before there is a shortage and that medicine, as I predicted, was one of them. There are people who are medical experts actually considering this drug and some using it as a treatment. In some cases as a preventative measure. The drug itself plays a role on the cellular level and may make it difficult for the virus to replicate. Which is the running theory. It's not a silver bullet but it's a working theory at the moment and Trump used it to probably try and boost the outlook to keep the economy from nosediving, and using it to politik, but he's not far off. IMO he should not have gone so hard in the public about it. Also he should have had Fauci deal with this.

Again I am no expert nor do I claim to be. I just made my decisions on this because I learned about it out of necessity. We have some for now but I have deep concerns it will run out because Trump popularized it. Doctors got caught prescribing it for family and friends, and themselves btw. In one case a dentist got caught. And that's in the US. In the country I live in, I've been told by a pharmacist that they confiscated the drug off the shelves to prevent people from stealing it or writing false scripts. One pharmacist I know was planning to take it because she said they're using it to prevent Corona from infecting them.

Anyway I don't have any ill will to you man, just know I am not as blind as you think regarding Trump. I have plenty of things regarding him I don't like. Including the way he addressed this treatment option.

Nook likes this.