1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Michael Bloomberg for President 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Nov 7, 2019.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So why did you not post those parts.

You seemed to have an issue with that part, I don't.

I am not kidding myself i know he will get vilified thats what some will due just like Bernie getting vilified for his Castro comments.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Pete, Biden, Warren, and Klobuchar. I'm not aware of anyone else.

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Bloomberg is looking like the best option to me...

4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I'm actually surprised Bloomberg hasn't gone to the other conservative camps and offer to "buy them out" of the primary. He's already given money to Klobuchar's campaign in the past so it should be pretty easy to give her enough money to sit this one out...either that or offer her a role in his cabinet.

Bloomberg can easily offer Pete quite a bit of money to sit back and run for a Senate or Governor spot. Hell, give him a cabinet spot as well if need be.

If so, Bloomberg can start consolidating some of the conservative vote and basically try to knock out Biden. I doubt Biden will take the money and leave at this point, but maybe Bloomberg would be OK with Biden winning if that's how it turns out.

Just surprised we haven't heard something along these lines as of yet...maybe they're all waiting until after Super Tuesday.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Been thinking the same thing but I bet they have to be cautious because if it did leak out it would not look good.

It really does not have to be buying them out but promising them cabinet positions is the norm.

6. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Because some Democrats actually want to defeat Trump.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. Major

Major Member

I don't think he can credibly even try something like this unless he's the leader of the non-Bernies after Super Tuesday. He'd be laughed at until then given that he hasn't gotten any votes yet. No one's going to bow down to him at this point.

8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Well technically he is kind of doing that. He is buying off staff of pretty much every candidate campaigns to work for him instead. Often paying double for them. Stealing talent

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Major

Major Member

Because there is potential for Bernie to be in an extremely strong position a week from today. There's no danger of Bloomberg running away with the nomination in the near future.

10. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I am curious given your posting history when it comes to Israel and Jewish people. No dishonesty here nor am I a coward, Project much though?

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Why does it matter if I criticize Israel? Or if I want to, Judaism or Jewish people. Are Christians and Muslims afforded this shield equally? Are other theocracies allowed to go on without a word? What is it to you? Oh you disagree. Great. Disagree some more.

This is actually a good example of identity politics coming into play. If you can't see what you are doing then me explaining it probably won't help.

12. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Identity politics? Coming from a guy comparing Israelis to Nazis

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It is ironic that the Israelis have pushed a minority population into ghettos isn't it? The very core of their victim narrative is unraveling. Many pro-Israel types will falsely scream antisemitism as a defense mechanism to distract from valid criticism. Which is identity politics at its worst.

[​IMG]

#573 dachuda86, Feb 26, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  14. foh

foh Member

Why not add a 3rd cartoon bracket with Trump and his enablers standing next to their wall with tons of guns and a caption saying "keep out of our country". In a nutshell, that is what Israelis are doing. Nazis in the other case.. not so much. They have far more nefarious plans towards their minority citizens - that's kinda why they are called Nazis and not Germans/Israelis/Americans.

Next thing you are going to try and say is that anti-semitism doesn't exist in various countries around the world (or maybe you'll say, that it does exist, but only due to middle east conflict and Palestinians being treated badly)?

#574 foh, Feb 26, 2020
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

That is a false comparison because a wall on a border is not the same as a wall to box in a minority population and abuse them. You're insane if you think that is comparable. And if you really have the audacity to compare us to nazis, then I suggest you ask yourself why so many minorities are trying their damn hardest to come here.

16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Criticizing fine. Comparing them to Nazis is not.

foh likes this.
  17. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Deep down inside, we all know what you are saying is true.

Klobuchar and Buttigieg can be bought very easily. They have no principles. That's why they can't find a base of supporters to build upon. Klobuchar at least has the prerequisite experience as a Senator, Buttigieg straight up wants to be president for the sake of it -- all ambition, no real purpose.

Similarly, Biden is just the good soldier who has fought long and hard for party, always shown loyalty, and now wants his due reward at age 77. These people have no greater calling then their own ambitions, and can be easily bought or swayed by the forces inside and outside of the party.

This is why Bernie is winning so handily right now.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

These are baseless claims.

But you are right that a big part of why people like Bernie and Trump win is because people believe things as fact without any evidence.

Corrosion, foh, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  19. foh

foh Member

Ironic that you did in your post exactly what you accuse me of doing. And I did nothing of what you accuse me of.

Edit:. I have Jewish heritage and I would never compare either America or Israel to nazis because of that. I compared us (US) to Israel

#579 foh, Feb 26, 2020
    AleksandarN likes this.
  20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Anyone saw Bloomberg’s town hall have say it is his best television appearance to date.