1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Russia Endorsing Trump, Again, Set to Interfere on His Behalf, Again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Feb 20, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Manipulating is manipulating

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Not surprised but I've not seen any specifics on HOW they will interfere and help Trump.

Since this thread is about the potential Russian interfering, any ideas how, what techniques, they will use?

3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Where have you been the last four years?

mdrowe00 and Andre0087 like this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you actually believe that because CNN isn't friendly to Sanders and his supporters that makes them a Russian Asset?

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Its the trump supporter built-in trump-defense. At first, say russia didn't interfere. Then, it wasn't just russia (barr's recent op ed made sure to include china and iran). Then since they can't deny it happened, they try to question the impact... "russia didn't hack voting machines", "no one changed their vote because of russia interefence"). All to defend that they voted for someone that sought, accepted, and benefited from russian interference in our elections.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And what's crazy is this is the second post from a Trump supporter that somehow it's the Democrats and the left just bringing this up thus acting like it's okay.

@mick fry @Commodore @pgabriel

That isn't how intel operates. When they release findings like this, they do it because they have reliable information and evidence that Russia does indeed want Trump to win. Russia is already planning ways to help swing the election. This comes from the intelligence agencies that have dedicated their career and lives to helping to protect the United States.

I'm not sure why anyone is blaming this information on liberals, Democrats, or the left. The blame clearly belongs to Russia and members of our government who have taken steps to allow it blocked steps to secure our elections from these known threats, and have at times knowingly spread Russian propaganda.

We know that the idea that Ukraine played any part in election tampering 2016 is propaganda put out their by Russia in an effort to take heat away from them and allow them to continue. That is known, there is evidence of that and it was testified to before congress. Yet some congressmen were still spreading that propaganda.

Of course nearly, if not all, of those spreading, and refusing to take actions to secure our election happen to be Republicans.

RayRay10, B-Bob and havoc1 like this.
  7. havoc1

havoc1 Member

I don’t necessarily agree with the sentiment, but what he says makes sense to me:
    1. Russia is trying to influence voting in the democratic primary and conceivably could be imitating sanders supporters to make sanders look bad.

2. Media outlets are running with the Bernie Bro’s story without taking into account the possible Russian interference.

3. Media outlets are helping further Russia’s goals.

Of course this assumes that Russia is actively imitating Bernie supporters, which I think is a plausible assumption.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I really wonder how people did not expect this and how many votes will it change? How many people have not made up their mind about Trump at this point?

9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Foreign interference is a different beast all together, how can you not see that?

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is a huge difference as there is with most crimes. If you are at home and want to try and fix your computer so you tap on it, to get the fan to come on to cool it, but you break it, that isn't a crime. If I break into your home smack your computer and break it, then leave, I have committed a crime.

A broken computer is still a broken computer, but one is a crime and infringes on your domestic residence and setup.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In this day this could be possible. Except that if Russians were imitating Bernie Bros to cause trouble it would be even more important for CNN to look into "Bernie Bros" than just ignore or dismiss them.

One of the widely acknowledge mistakes of 2016 was that so little coverage was given towards possible things like possible interference. If I'm Sanders and I have a sense that Russians were masquerading as my supporters the first thing I would do is go to the press and work with them to expose these people. Instead he's dismissing it as a few bad apples.

RayRay10 and havoc1 like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No they aren't Russian assets. They are useful idiots. They aren't consciously employing Russian troll farm propaganda.

When they create news by using random Twitter accounts with zero verification of wether they are are an actual American voting citizen or some random ass foreign account in a troll farm, they are in effect helping these foreign troll farms spread their intent.

Their predisposed bias to Bernie makes them lazy and thinks Twitter comments are news as long as it paints a certain narrative that satisfies their predisposed biases.

And it isn't just trolls posing as Bernie supporters. Look at Nina Turner's interview on NBC. She has shown so much evidence of Bernie and his staffers getting absolutely horrible violent threats on Twitter but she even says that she isn't going to use Twitter comments as an attack on candidates because she understands that these are unverified Twitter comments.

Twitter comments aren't news. Making unverified Twitter comments news plays into the hands of these foreign troll farms.

#52 fchowd0311, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  13. havoc1

havoc1 Member

I agree wholeheartedly. I think both the media and the candidates themselves need to preach the importance of not taking every social media account or meme as the gospel truth. And Sanders dismissing it as a few bad apples definitely doesn’t help being exposure to the broader problem.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Sanders actually explicitly says that these trolls are a problem. The media treating unverified Twitter accounts as news is exactly the best case scenario for these foreign troll farms.

havoc1 likes this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Because the end outcome is the same. So whats the difference if Obama voters were influenced by disinformation

16. havoc1

havoc1 Member

Interesting. During the recent town hall I heard him allude to these Twitter “followers” of his not actually being his followers but maybe he needs to come out and say it clearly and loudly. (Or maybe he already has and I just haven’t seen it.) I definitely think there is at least some impersonating of sanders supporters going on and that needs to be taken into account when these stories are reported.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I guess its cool for the KKK to interfere

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

My point is the narrative it influencees elections is false.

Or no election is legitimate. Take your pick

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Simple answer top everyone's question "why?"... the russians think trump will help them achieve their goal of a weakened United States.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Hoax? You believe Trump's twitter feed more than the entire security establishment of our nation and that of our allies?
    You're smarter than that. I mean, say "I don't care that Russia attempts to affect our elections, as is well documented," if that's your take. But "hoax" is Orwellian double-speak, and you must know that unless you're truly brainwashed into a small, dark corner.