1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This comment makes zero sense. Even without the vote, the proceedings would still be legitimate. They have in no way, violated the rules or procedures set in place.

#981 FranchiseBlade, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    RayRay10, B-Bob, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

lmao if you didn't already assume that this process was a complete sham, today's straight party-line vote should do it for you.

(except those two democrats that broke party ranks!...probably because Trump won their districts in 2016! very telling....)

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

5. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

....leads one to ask: what is ACTUALLY legitimate or illegitimate about these investigations?

This is not a trial.

Nobody is being coerced or threatened that has been subpoenaed to testify before these congressman. They could refuse and take their chances in court at any time. All anyone is doing now is stating for the record their version of events. And the fact that so many disparate voices can corroborate the same basic set of events is damning enough on its own.

Nobody's going to need to hire Project Veritas to manufacture a juicy enough lie in order to help people see the "truth". Or sweet-talk a Michael Flynn into telling a version of the truth (under no duress) he didn't want anybody to know about.

What all of this amounts to, currently, is gathering witness testimony independently from associated parties, with the goal of determining what is and is not factually evident.

If you question involved parties independently of each other, you prevent any sort of manufactured or contrived listing of events that could be seen as conspiratorial. Less time and energy wasted unraveling crazy conspiracies.

For all the good that does in curtailing the Deep State/Moloch-worship-backed rise of tyranny tales that are being spun around the campfires of Fox News...

This is the equivalent of putting accused parties in separate rooms and seeing which one of them is lying about who did what and who knew what.

...happens all the time on Law and Order (pick your favorite franchise).

Rudy Giuliani himself must have done the same thing to the goombahs he prosecuted back in the day. He had to know this was the way to bring down organized crime. Shame on him for not seeing this coming...

I'd have thought, myself, that our Reality-Star-President-in-Chief would have caught an episode of this in between golf trips and Twitter rants...

...he knows how to put on a good show.

His problem is that he needed somebody to read the script to him....

#985 mdrowe00, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I really think Ivanka is going to take the biggest hit from this once her daddy is not president she will be shocked to find out people are returning her calls anymore.

I thought she was more savvy than this and would keep a low profile, I guess she really is her daddy's daughter.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

8. bigtexxx

Kind of like how the Clinton Foundation's donations fell 57% in 2017?

9. NewRoxFan

[​IMG]

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have no idea why you think this has anything to do with what I posted.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nice.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hard to know what polls to trust, but apparently the results of some RNC internal polling have been released.

summary:

The GOP polling was conducted between October 1 and October 24, focused on 17 “target states,” and sampled 3,400 likely voters. This last point is important, as most polls count all registered voters, if not anyone who answers the telephone.

Despite Democrats’ Attacks, Support for President Trump Has Increased

* In our 17 target states, President Trump’s approval has increased by 3 points since Pelosi announced this charade.

* The President’s sky-high favorability among Republicans has actually increased, as well.

More Americans Want Joe Biden Investigated Than President Trump

* By a 5-point margin, more voters would like Joe and Hunter Biden investigated for their business dealings in Ukraine than support holding hearings to consider impeachment of President Trump.

* Since March, Joe Biden’s image has taken a 31-point hit among Independents. A strong majority now view him unfavorably.

Impeachment Not Popular In Target States

* In our 17 target states, voters oppose Democrats’ efforts to remove President Trump from office by a 14-point margin.

* Their support for hearings has dropped since the beginning of October.

* 70% believe this is “all politics” and would prefer Congressional Democrats focus on issues like health care, trade, and the economy.

Impeachment Not Popular Among Independents

* Independent voters nationally oppose Democrats’ efforts to remove President Trump from office by a 13-point margin.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not hard to know that polling no matter what it says should not be a factor in whether or not to impeach the criminal-in-chief.

RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.
  14. bigtexxx

You're suggesting people are only returning Ivanka's calls since her father is POTUS. Much like people donated to the Clinton foundation due to them believing Hillary might be POTUS. Pretty simple connection. Don't fall for the "liberal pile-on technique" where they agree with you.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

16. NewRoxFan

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nope still makes no sense.

I am talking about people actually wanting to be around her and inviting her to things, nothing about money.

She and her whole family are gonna be pariahs in most social circles especially because she has done a 180 on politics and did nothing to help the causes she championed when she he got elected.

You are actually making my point for me when you lose the access to power those johnny come lately friends are not there anymore and nobody cares what you have to say.

So her liberal friends are already gone and once Trump is gone she will not have those Republicans either.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. bigtexxx

I was in fact proving your point, if you point is people "pay to play" - whether that is money or attention, it doesn't matter. The Clintons are probably the slimiest American political family in history, and their pay-to-play Clinton foundation is proof positive of how when you lose power, you lose friends/money, etc.

So I was proving your point, but also your hypocrisy.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Did you miss where I wrote this has nothing to do with money.

There is nothing hypocritical about what I have said have I excused anything about the Clintons?

Anyway I am done been around here long enough to know you are just trolling now.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

His trolling is rather unique. He acts knowledgeable but obtuse at the same time.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.