1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 10/24/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Jefferson (Paraphrase): When you have these guys and no one is considering you a finalist? That tells you what people think about these two.

No, that tells you what you hating ass haters think. Every year these dudes think we will do worse than we do, they are eagerly waiting for us to crash

3. JW86

JW86 Member

MDA's reason for our loss is we didn't make enough shots. Really wonder if he believes that to be true.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

it definitely merit's some truth to it at the very least. open shots you take them and live with results

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Marathons are done in 1 hour and 59 minutes these days. This isn't ancient Greece anymore. It's not like we are playing guys named Giannis. They better get their ass in gear and pick it up. It's a sprint.

malakas and Rashmon like this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

Sure, but it’s also an easy cop out and not acknowledge his lack of coaching, adjusting and holding Harden accountable.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Ok im listening,so what's his point? It won't happen again.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

is he supposed to throw specific guys under the bus

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Different year, same old story, like going 0-27 in a playoff quarter.

It's time to hold MDA accountable, and try to run some plays for easier baskets when the 3 is not falling.

smp likes this.
  11. JW86

JW86 Member

I’m saying: by just saying it’s about missed shots, if he truly believes that to be true, then he’s failing to take accountability for those things I mentioned. Never said anything him needing to mention all mistakes, but would be nice if he openly states that he maybe should’ve adjusted. At least.

12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The one big thing that's worrying me is that D'Antoni decided he had to put in Gordon instead of Capela/Chandler because with Westbrook on the floor we need another legit shooter to spread the floor.

If that's the case we absolutely need a big that can shoot the three while still managing to defend the post. I love Tucker so much but the idea that they can have him guarding guys like Lopez in the clutch is ridiculous. P.S. Lopez would be so perfect for this team.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

its game 1 of 82 in an obvious adjustment period for this team. I would say they do that on their own as things get settled in. he's already mentioned a lot of things are needed to be figured out

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

this is it.

we all know this system operates with the preference of 4 spacers around harden. Now that wb is here, who isn't a shooter by any means, that makes things a bit dicey for Capela as far as the rotation. Both guys are core rotation players but how much can they really be on the floor together in this system. All goes back to fit and one of the things that absolutely needs to be figured out. Pre wb, Capela was just fine bc he was that 1 guy who wasn't a floor spacer

Williamson likes this.
  15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Same **** different day.
    Bricking open 3s
    Awful small ball lineup
    Harden coasting without the ball
    Some god awful defense at times

Guna be a long year.

16. JW86

JW86 Member

I’ve never heard MDA own up to his mistakes, he doesn’t see it that way. I truly believe he just feels it’s on the guys on the floor and that he has very little to do with the outcome of the game. 5% wins losses impact, remember Morey.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you're not use to how mda is with the media by now, you never will be.

18. JW86

JW86 Member

I judge him by his actions and clearly he doesn’t learn, so my faith in him is almost zero until he proves me wrong. I think even if we win a trophy, it won’t be because he somehow got it but we simply “made enough shots “...

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's fine. that's your own choice

20. eman

eman Contributing Member

If we start 0-3, with a steady diet of this small ball BS, the TC crowd better start a JVG chant!