1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else feel encouraged even though we lost?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by icewill36, Oct 24, 2019.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

well we wouldnt have that record if the refs didnt screw harden out of a couple of 3s, that also would have been momentum breakers for the warriors, but dont get me started on that

2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Because this is the only team you watch. EVERY NBA team looses double digit leads.

malakas and HP3 like this.
  3. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Many of the same mistakes we made last season. A team without discipline, which does not know how to defend and does not understand how to play with advantage in the scoreboard. In addition to a very bad performance of Harden (once again against an elite team) the result could not be other than a defeat.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Discouraging: Harden's offensive fouls. Blowing a huge lead at home. Harden and Gordon being terrible on the offensive end.

Encouraging: The Beard and Brodie experiment will be a successful one. Westbrook's tenacity and hustle and energy. Ditto Tyson Chandler.

HP3 likes this.
  5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Refs can't screw our team out of being a halfway decent 3 point shooting team. Refs or not our team is a poor shooting team.

BasketMAD likes this.
  6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Nope. Ready to find suitors for Westbrook.

7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

yes we are a volume 3 pt shooting team, but tonight i felt like the only forced 3s were from harden being frustrated. we created lots of open looks with ball movement but did not convert. i can accept those rather than us simple walking the ball up and dribbling the air out of the ball then jacking up tough shot.

Elephant810 likes this.
  8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Just gotta say, watching Brodie in person at the arena is a whole other level. If this idiotic coaching staff can point him in the right direction I feel real good about season. That said, our coaching staff is full of morons so I have very little faith.

JVL713 and Zergling like this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Westbrook had a REALLY good game. 24 points on 17 shots, 3 for 7 from three, 7 assist with only 3 turnovers, rebounded like a monster and NOT in the stat padding everybody boxing out for him way. Looked solid on D, brought a TON of energy, and played relatively smart and under control.

That is encouraging, but I still feel like this was probably just a really good game for him and that he won't be looking like this most nights.

Overall we lost because Harden and Gordon played like dog ****.

They shot a combined (drumroll plz) ...... 6 for 32!!! With 8 turnovers!!! That ****ing under 19% lmao... so maybe that's a positive? I have to imagine there won't ever be another game this season where those two shoot that bad.

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

As long as Mike D'Antoni is still our head coach, no one has any reason to feel encouraged. He will continue to make the same idiotic mistakes, continue to mismanage minutes, not give young players enough time (why is Gary Clark already getting DNP-CDs in the first game?), and fall in love with small ball, regardless of how much it ruins our defense and rebounding. He doesn't even know when and when not to play Capela anymore. Embarrassing

11. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

*Top teams in the East*. They couldn't hang with teams like Houston, Utah, Clippers, Nuggets etc in a 7 game series.

Bucks are lucky to be in the East, let's just admit that.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Gordon wont be that bad on wide open shots most of the time. But James has been bad again the Bucks for awhile. Teams are gonna start doing it and we have to figure out a counter. Utah is gonna pull it every time, best believe that.

13. MystikArkitect

Yes. I wish Harden would just take care of the ****ing ball when were up 15 instead of trying to get cute.

But watching Russ do stuff like lob and rebound makes me think well actually be better than last year. Dude is just much harder to control than CP3. Once Harden and him figure out their spacing this will be the hardest Rockets team to defend.

His shooting though.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

No same **** different year. MDA sucks. Small ball, zero defense. Harden taking a game off and yelling at others (Clint) The people that are expecting fireworks and a high 50s win season are in for a long ride.

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I'm encouraged by Brodie's play, very disappointed by Harden's. He's still getting frustrated by the Bucs defense and let it affect his game. Let's be honest, Harden had a bad game.

Is it on MDA? I mean, they (players and coaches) better get this **** figured out. Otherwise, other teams will try to defend Harden in the same way.

Perhaps, let Brodie bring the ball up now and then cause we were easily defended in the 4th quarter.

HP3 likes this.
  16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

a team in the east won the title last year ? the bucks were up 2-0 and lost game 3 in overtime.... that could have been them holding up the trophy last year.

couldnt hang with the rockets in a 7 game series ? we struggle against them. the nuggets lost in the 2nd round to the blazers lol.... dont tell me the bucks are not as good teams in the west

HP3 likes this.
  17. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

What are you talking about? Time to start rebuilding around DMo.

18. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Seen many good things from the Rockets..and some poor thing as well...especially from a coaching standpoint. One thing I do know forsure, this team has potential to be a very very dangerous and good team.

Game 1 only, but soo much to be excited about.

HP3 likes this.
  19. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

So the fact that they lost to the Bucks yet again doesn't bother you? The fact that Harden got shut down by their defense yet again doesn't concern you? I'm confused. You're saying you're happy about their effort against an elite team as if the Rockets aren't a championship-or-bust team. If they can't beat this matchup, they're never going to win a championship. If they even get the chance to go to the Finals, they're going to have to face lengthy teams like the Bucks or Sixers. Good luck with that.

Little Bit, MrSabotage and jerryclark like this.
  20. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

No tbh its not really encouraging seeing the same problems year in and year out. Pj tucker being made to play 38 minutes is laughable at this point