1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adam Silver will face "retribution" for defaming China and covering Morey, state media says

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

they should settle this on the court. china's best 5 vs nba's best five. hell we'll give them a 50 point lead to start and they can even have jerry lin.

clutchdabear, Plowman and daywalker02 like this.
  2. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

blah blah blah
    Go take a sh*t in your hat

Plowman likes this.
  3. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

It’s depressing to think that most of the players and many of the sports media will read this report and still think this is all Morey’s fault. There is only one bad actor in all this...

NotInMyHouse, Nook, Emtenndo and 6 others like this.
  4. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

It’s very simple. If you don’t want to discuss China’s impact on our roster, then don’t go into threads about China.

There’s no debate being had here. It’s clearly news, and doesn’t belong in the DnD.

MiddleMan and Roomba like this.
  5. SemisolidSnake

The retribution will be banning NBA style basketball in China, then making their own state-approved version of basketball which will involve attempting to exactly copy NBA basketball, but somehow they'll make an inferior version.

hakeem94 and Roomba like this.
  6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, actually that's reasonable. I think despite how I complain, there is a part of me that does want to be in these threads because there's not really anybody who I can talk to about it over where I'm at. But then there's another part of me that just wants to move on and talk only basketball.

So I'll just make a compromise and chime in if I have anything I feel is good or interesting to add. In the absence of that I'll just stay silent on these China threads.

Nook, malakas and daywalker02 like this.
  7. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

so basically the CBA :D

Nook and Jontro like this.
  8. iXnal

iXnal Member

Actually I don't care about how Chinese government run a company either. Just want to give some information about the SCMP that although there is only English language version on its website, it may not be a global independent media as it seems like because of those timeline coincidence. And Chinese government did used to using those "independent" medias to deliver their views and then deny those with the reason that they'd never talk about it publicly. Looks familiar right, that's how they oppress Silver.

Nook and malakas like this.
  9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I think there’s a lot of people feeling the same way you are, but I personally believe it’s a symptom of cognitive dissonance.

Either way, my opinion definitely isn’t news, and doesn’t belong here. I’d encourage you to discuss always though. Tossing an idea around in your head rarely solves it.

Nook and Roomba like this.
  10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Oh, I thought you were referencing China forcing Jack Ma to resign because he wouldn’t publish propaganda.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Can Starbury play for CBA five though?

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

probably not, cus then usa would lose by 20. he's like the michael jordan of basketball

Theking likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So I'm assuming the Chinese government does not understand what the Streisand effect is?

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  14. iXnal

iXnal Member

Ha, not that far. But in China, everything is complicated because the government has completely controlled almost everything. Nobody have that much information to judge whether or not a so-called private company do not have official background. And you know what, Jack Ma even said in public that he has an understanding about what the government did during that Tiananmen Square event and consider it as a proper way at that time.

15. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Eh, young Jack Ma didn’t think that way, and he’s the one that built Alibaba into one of the most successful companies ever. Old Jack Ma just wants to protect his family from his government. I don’t blame him, but I also don’t take anything he says seriously anymore.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

NBA to China: we told you there's no kissing on the mouth! Refrigerator! REFRIGERATOR!

But I feel for China here, I really do. I mean, this actions totally seem like the actions of a horribly wronged nation. Due to the NBA's insensitivity, China may never recover.

Nook likes this.
  17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Silver is a quack too. You know how china is already and then you still wont shut up. I knew after the thread No Chance he would fire morey that china would get upset.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What is wrong with you? Seriously?

19. iXnal

iXnal Member

I agree with you on not criticizing an individual person, but I do think he did have that freedom of not talking the event publicly in that way, at that time even the government also don't want to talk about it and don't want it being mentioned.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i said it before, i'll say it again, never stick your dick in crazy

topfive likes this.