1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron: Morey wasn't educated on issue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 14, 2019.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I can’t take Lebron seriously again.

You fight for all these woke issues but the second it actually costs you, you are out? You never cared then. You sir are a hypocrite.

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Hey kids, go to my urban school to overcome systemic oppression.

3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I absolutely LOVE hearing stupid people talk about issues. Love it! Doesn’t matter if they lean left or right, male or female, black, white, purple, beige, I just love it when stupid folks take a stand for something. You go, LeBron!

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The clarification makes it worse because he's basically saying that Morey may be right but what is important, more important than the sovereignty of people, is his bank account.

So much for the image he's built up of being "More Than An Athlete" and speaking on important issues.

5. malakas

malakas Member

The more his "clarifies" the worse it becomes.

From stupid he now "clarified" that he is a sellout.

Hopefully the national media picks this up and embarasses him on his hypocrisy.

slothy420, roslolian, mario_v and 5 others like this.
  6. Mr. Space City

LeBron looking out for that Space Jam 2 release in China.

General Tso Tuesdays sponsored by the CCP.

7. cdrive

He doesn’t want to get in a word feud. He certainly doesn’t want to get in a sentence feud. Have you seen sentences!? They’re like words but a lot of them!

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

They won’t and first thing in the morning SAS will agree with lebron and say that’s what he was saying when they first brought up the topic in first take.

It all comes down to money.

clutchdabear likes this.
  9. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

What an absolute fraud.

Harden got a ton of crap for his apology trying to smooth over the situation, but he's at least been historically very apolitical and didn't throw Morey under the bus. With the way Lebron has marketed himself as "more than an athlete" and viewing this in light of past statements he's made and positions he's taken, making this comment after 11 days to ponder is an absolute disgrace. I didn't think I could like the Lakers any less than I already did but apparently I now can.

10. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

dirty pig, I hope harden and westbrook exchange dunks with their balls in his mouth

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He cares about his paycheck. He wants space jam 2 in china. He is more than an Athlete. He is a business man.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-50035229

LeEducated

#52 hooroo, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    slothy420, clutchdabear and Nook like this.
  13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Harden apologized to China. Most of these athletes just care about money.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

Who cares about that clown ?
    I'm talking about the national media not Disney companies already sell outs to China.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

GOT MY MIND ON MY MONEY AND MY MONEY ON MY MIND.

Houstunna, roslolian, Plowman and 3 others like this.
  16. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The major media outlets never speak out against someone that supports minorities, because it causes ratings to fall.

Most people that support minorities are generally good people, so it typically doesn’t matter, but it does cause a lot of stupid things to go unnoticed.

17. valorita

valorita Member

“Because when you say things or do things, if you are doing it and you know the people that can be affected by it and the families and individuals and everyone that can be affected by it, sometimes things can be changed as well. And also social media is not always the proper way to go about things“

“And so many people could have been harmed not only financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually. So just be careful what we tweet and say and we do, even though, yes, we do have freedom of speech but there can be a lot of negative that comes with that too.”

Says the guy who did, ‘the decision’... lmfo

roslolian, clutchdabear and Nook like this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Harden handled this a lot better.

All he said was that he loves Chinese people, which I think everyone can agree, the beef isn't with Chinese people or the country of China but the government of China.

That's all Lebron has to say here, to attack Morey is to side with their government and we are all 90% he's the one talking with the league about this issue.

Lebron is now trending on twitter lol and none of the replies are good. Not even Laker fans are impressed with this.

More clarifications to come soon.

19. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I respect that LeBron is a positive voice for civil rights here because of his position of fame, not because he’s terribly intelligent or socially aware. It really rubs me the wrong way that he would say anything at all. I don’t think it was even his decision. His support team probably told him to take a stance against Morey’s remarks and this is how it turned out. His show sucks and he really never seems educated when talking about social issues.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  20. cdrive

“Let me in on that organ money.” #Justdoit