1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Elizabeth Warren for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 1, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No, but give them some discipline and skills and keep them busy with easier tasks than academics. The military doesn't have to be mandatory but should be an stronger option for those who failed their teens. Too many are still enrolling in useless community college programs where they won't get ahead. I am more so a strong advocate of the german system which forces vocational training on the dumb and lazy.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why didn't you follow this advice?

CometsWin likes this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

God damn.

Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I have good work because of my education. It would have been a waste of my superior intellect.

Tell me, are you even employed?

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have no idea what you are arguing here or what I've written that prompts you to say something like "It's that simple and you aren't going to convince me otherwise."

jcf likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

Well I was a Marine grunt but now I'm a mechanical engineering grad research student and am greatful that it was all paid for and I had a housing allowance on top of tuition. What do you do?

B-Bob likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

We are arguing about the merits of education being tax payer funded so kids from poor families have the same shot as kids from not poor families. What did you think you were discussing?

8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I was discussing higher education and someone else conflated high school with college

9. fchowd0311

And I'm asking why is it's such an absurd concept why college education being free when k-13 education is already free and other developed nations also consider college education to be just another required socially funded step.

Why is k-12 the arbitrary cut off point especially in today's economy where you need something (trade school, undergrad, grad school etc) beyond high school to be competitive.

I feel like you don't debate in good faith. You play coy really bad.

jiggyfly and Rashmon like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

fine

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I am paid by Russia to post pro-Trump propaganda.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

I believe that. Though why waste resources onna basketball forum? You would be far more useful on Twitter.

dachuda86 likes this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

thanks for the tip comrade.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That's your capitalism, Carnegie.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Free college will hardly be free by the same mechanism, taxes. Once we have "free" college we can just call it college like we call "free" high school just high school. Maybe I should write at the Federalist. :cool:

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are upset because she is able to create wealth and power? Are you mad because she's more successful by your standards than you are?

CometsWin likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Those under 35 support many of the policies being pushed by Sanders and now Warren. They are largely in favor of student loan forgiveness and reform, socialized medicine and strongly support environmental causes.

19. Nook

Nook Member

A politician can take corporate money and not be at the complete mercy of corporations. Further, some of the interests of corporations are not necessarily adverse to voters.

Sanders isn’t proving anything concerning the general election as he hasn’t ever won the nomination.

If most want “significant change”, then Sanders will blow by Warren because she is open to taking corporate money in certain scenarios.

joshuaao, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Making all colleges free is a bandaid over a flawed system. Colleges shouldn't be the end all choice considering the number of people who aren't fit for it or their future careers

I'm for making community college free and contracts for students to maintain a certain GPA. Even corporate sponsorship is an option

jcf and jiggyfly like this.