1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Maybe, Just Maybe, Bill O’Brien knows what he is doing.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr.Scarface, Sep 22, 2019.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Screenshot_20190929-174701_Google.jpg

Nook and Buck Turgidson like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

I'll be watching and rooting for them and will give credit where it's due and be happy when they win, just like always.

What I won't do is continue to try and rationalize dumbass ideas, or play them off as something they weren't intended to be. Now *that's* a jake move.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Mr. Scarface likes to pretend we hide when the Texans win. We r still here calling out our Shtty HC regardless of the outcome.

red5rocket, Nook and Silent_Bob like this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

LOL. So the dumbass that loves to call everybody else a dumbass, is in fac,t actually the dumbass behind this mob lynching.

Yall should utilize the ignore feature.

5. Major

Major Member

LOL. So you considered the Jags game - a 1 home pt win filled with offensive ineptitude against a 6th round rookie QB making his first start - to be a demonstration of BoB knowing what he's doing? You truly are stupid.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

There were two BillyO calls that alone would make you want to fire a coach.

The WR cross field pass.

The challenge.

I can’t recall seeing two calls that incredibly dumb... and I’ve been watching this doofus coach this team for 6 years.

He’s making what we thought he was - which was a horrible NFL coach - look like a genius.

This is a coach that already once this season used two timeouts to incorrectly challenge a play. And he’s topped that... twice in one game.

He’s sooooooooooooooo bad.

Their best offensive drive of the game was the one with 28 seconds left ... probably because he barely had anything to do with it. Probably a good thing they didn’t have a timeout anyway... he would have f’d that up.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He actually seems to be getting worse as a coach.

8. Buck Turgidson

When your Head Coach does not understand the basic use of timeouts and the challenge flag...how can you have any hope whatsoever that he understands the actual intricacies of running an NFL offense?

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

HMMM....seem to remember that was the complaint about Andy Reid......FOR YEARS. Maybe still....

10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I love trick plays, but that WR pass across the length of the field. I mean. Damn! That’s a tough pass for anyone. Doesn’t feel like an NFL playcall, and I actually can’t believe BOB even tried it.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

To me it's crazy for a guy to be that stubborn. After 84 games this should of been fixed.

12. Mr. Space City

That's WR pass has me questioning everything I think about Bob.

Literally NOTHING about that pass made sense. You fake a WR screen and have Hopkins throw the ball across the field on a shortened field on 2nd and 4!?!?

What the hell did he see to think that would work? If you did see something to think that would work, how could you be so wrong? If you were that wrong, how can fans expect you to be right about anything else? How are you supposedly an offensive genius being that wrong and calling such a **** play?

Would Andy Ried call a play like that in that situation and be that wrong?

13. Buck Turgidson

Sure, I remember it too.

How long has Andy Reid been a coach (OC/HC)? Has Andy Reid been to the Super Bowl? The AFC/NFC Champ Game? Has Andy Reid made the same mistakes the past 4 years that he made early in his career? Does Andy Reid make them every ****ing week?

Which coach do you think has learned from their mistakes and improved?

Which coach do you think is a better coach right ****ing now?

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Andy Reid seems to be getting better

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Well, if that is the case....O'Brien has time to improve. Reid made those mistakes in Philly AND KC. Amazingly, those mistakes have been missing since Mahomes became QB (He made them when he had McNabb and Alex Smith). So after being a head coach for over 15 years, he finally fixed his mistakes?

16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

So the plan is to wait around for BOB to turn into Andy Reid who in your opinion maybe still isn’t that great of a coach?

Nook likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

You made this thread after one game.

BOB will take the blame? Who gives a ****...it means nothing.

They lost to a team starting a QB that wasn’t good enough to keep his starting job at UH.

King1, sammy, Eric Riley and 4 others like this.
  18. Major

Major Member

Except Andy Reid was a good coach despite those things, which made him worth keeping around. BoB is not.

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Ask people in Philly in they think Reid was a good coach.............They would say No.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Bob is just not smart enough.

His team is undisciplined costing him one to two timeouts a game, and he has zero concept of click management.

The only way he improves is to hire a play caller, and someone to manage the clock.

DD

Rashmon and Spacemoth like this.