1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Third Democratic Debate SEP2019 @ TSU

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DreamShook, Sep 12, 2019.

1. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Entered my info for my $1,000 monthly Yang bucks

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

This guy should get arrested...

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm confused if Castro was wrong about Biden. ABC even came back from break and said Castro mischaracterized what Biden was saying, but Biden clearly said you would have to buy into his "medicare if you want" plan.

Biden was all over the place, everyone was confused. I don't know what ABC was talking about when they did that fact check. Biden said "buy in" multiple times.

4. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Yes but what Biden was saying that people who don’t have the financial means would be automatically included without “buying in”

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Strong night for Klobuchar. Made the most of her time, sounded pragmatic and hit Bernie hard on healthcare.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I like her but she’s not going to play in our reality TV era, I fear.

Nook likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Haven't researched Klobuchar. Everytime I scan her name, I see Knoblockar.

The Real Shady likes this.
  8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Why? She seems like an extra from Fargo.

arkoe likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't know what Biden is saying. I wish he would tell us without the media coming to his defense on what he was supposed to say. Castro being grilled and the transcript, in black and white, says that Biden said "buy in".

Now everyone is coming for Castro because Biden is clearly not on his game. If Castro was lobbing these haymakers at Bernie, everyone would tell his old ass to get out of the race.

Bernie is also old as hell, but you don't see him limping around, incoherent, bleeding from the eye out there like Biden.

These dudes out here talking about dumb ass sh-t like tone and needless attacks, Trump is going to bring down holy hell on the Dem nominee... get used to that sh-t now gawd damn.

You have republicans using 9\11 to trik Dems to pass laws in NC . Dems need to be ruthless. Stop playing around.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Klobuchar was trash. She added nothing. There is reason she is polling at -15%.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Her and Castro being in over Gabbard was silly. Hopefully, we have seen the last of both Klobuchar and Castro.

AleksandarN and arkoe like this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Castro came off as an azzhole. Uncalled for.

Nook, biff17 and AleksandarN like this.
  14. CometsWin

We don't have to act like assholes to defeat President *******.

Rashmon likes this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

One more note, Yang has to ****ing speak up. Dude has blown it IMO, he has such a polarizing platform that could rock the media boat and give him so much publicity, if only he wouldn't let candidates like Klobuchar, Castro, Booker, Pete, Beto talk miles around him.

16. CometsWin

Candidates like Yang, Castro, Pete, and Beto might light up the internet but the actual electorate is nothing like Twitter.

Space Ghost and Nook like this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That's my point, Yang needs to speak more during the debates so he can catch some time on mainstream media, get to the older crowd who are actually watching the debates.

His platform of universal basic income can spark a big debate in America, and he's fantastic at presenting it, but he just isn't doing it at the debates like he is online, he's blowing his opportunity IMO.

Hakeemtheking and CometsWin like this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I would disagree. These Republicans are so dirty and underhanded, it's crazy. Democrats are constantly getting punched in the mouth; Republicans get thier way no matter what. If you aren't going to act like an *******, for the love of the country punch back. Get a backbone.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. VanityHalfBlack

3 hours and too many candidates still. When does it narrow down to just 3? So boring, 3 hours? I think the audience feel asleep for the most part of it. Beto talkin bout taking away ar15's? Good luck with that buddy.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

You’re alone on an island. Nobody is echoing that sentiment. Not sure which debate you were watching.

Everything I’ve seen and read indicates she’s being praised for turning in a strong debate performance, for hitting Bernie on healthcare and for styling herself as a moderate alternative to the her far-left counterparts on stage. Not to mention, she touted her strength and credibility in the Midwest. As we all know, the path to 270 goes through the Midwest.

To say she added nothing is just silly. As is the suggestion that Gabbard should have been there over her. I’m glad you guys aren’t calling the shots.

Nook and Hakeemtheking like this.