1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Hart and driver seriously injured in car wreck

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

If you are going to have an 800 HP vehicle........ it needs to be in a vehicle designed for an 800 HP vehicle........ not a vehicle from nearly 50 years.

Uprising and Exiled like this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

On your 911s were they Turbo?

3. Sajan

Sajan Member

na just the 3.8L naturally aspirated engine.
    last of its kind actually since even the base 911s have turbos in there. GT3 is still NA.

Killatron 2000 and CCity Zero like this.
  4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Nice regardless, man, did you get rid of both?

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

Nope, still got them.
    about 48,000 miles on both.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Thanks.
    I often wondered what kind of training stunt drivers do etc

Rocket River

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Nice man, that's really good miles on both

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

It’s actually really fun, you don’t have to be a stunt driver or anything like that to enjoy it. It will absolutely make you a better driver.

Sajan likes this.
  9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I am sure a course like that would help a ton for everyone, especially these cars and coffee people that clearly don't know what to do when the tires break loose (not all are crazy but some guys I don't know Wtf they're thinking if they're going to gun it, ie they. Think they'll power through but they can't control it or don't attempt to counter/adjust steering so once traction is in place, you know...), I'm not a pro driver or something but a few of these guys let me know I'm at least above average... Not that, that means much if you're rocking 700+ HP, just have to seriously respect those cars.

Anyway, how much do courses like that run?

Blurr#7 likes this.
  10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

lol yeah the cars and coffee peeps get out of hand. There’s a reason it’s changed location so much.
    When I priced it years ago it was like $400 half a day and $700 for a full day. There’s also corporate events and stuff. Really worth it if you drive anything over 300hp if you ask me

CCity Zero likes this.
  11. biff17

biff17 Member

Not exactly true there are a ton of vehicles updated like that.

https://gearheadgarage.net/pro-touring/

With that said you have to know what you are doing to drive one and no way I am pushing it without a roll cage.

Blurr#7 and Nook like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah I am a gear head..... and no, a 50 year old vehicle is not going to be as safe as a modern vehicle even with modifications.

An 800+ HP HellCat engine in a Cuda is not terribly safe... even with a cage, ABS and other safety features.

13. biff17

biff17 Member

No car is actually safe with a hellcat engine a 50 year old car can be made safer than a brand new Hellcat.

Anyway my point is it was more driver error than the cars fault.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Also the lack of a roll cage etc. Definietly driver error I'm sure. But having that much power, they should have been in one of these.
    [​IMG]

15. biff17

biff17 Member

Yes.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

In addition to safety the roll cage would provide much needed structural reinforcement to the car to handle all that torque. They were overpowered new with the most powerful option engine @425 hp (gross) and the hellcat about doubles the original power. I assume the builder stiffened up the chassis significantly along with all the other upgrades. I can understand why you wouldn't want a cage because they are a pain to climb over and make the backseat unusable. When you have millions to burn why risk it though just make the car a two seater and deal with the mild annoyance of climbing over the cage.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

because it was a show car and cages ruin interior looks when you are trying to show off carbon fiber.

Nook likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

You could always get a carbon fiber roll cage.

[​IMG]

19. Nook

Nook Member

To a lot of people it just doesn’t look as nice.

They figure they will never use all 800-900 horses and have a show car. What they don’t realize is that they are in a 50 year old frame, and 800 HP isn’t a safety risk only when you are going 200 mph.

I almost bought one of the Demon crate engines (it is a fantastic deal) when they came out but ultimately decided against it because it is just too much.

AleksandarN and CCity Zero like this.
  20. KingCheetah

Yeah I'm just joking, but if I've got money to burn and build some crazy fast retro-mod I'm definitely putting a reasonable amount of safety in it. The temptation is just too great in a car like that -- I don't want to harp on it too much because obviously any fast car is dangerous if you push to hard and lose it in the wrong spot.

CCity Zero, Yung-T and Nook like this.