1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

And it’s the Russians that are affecting our elections?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mick fry, Sep 7, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

People are just mad some truth came out about Clinton... lol

It's doubtful she would have gotten the win anyways running a poor campaign. Plus they screwed Bernie. The level of sour grapes about 2016 have been unseen. People need to get a life and move on from it.

#21 dachuda86, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is such a bogus piece of crap you are posting, as @Deckard has pointed out - 5 minutes of research demonstrates this is junk. There is no methodology and Epstein just pulled this out of his butt. You should aim for a higher standard, but you don't.

Deckard likes this.
  3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

This sounds...strange. Can't let other people of different cultures and way of life soil our way of life with their thoughts and ideologies? The support you're getting from this statement too is...strange. I dunno.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If you're fine with US company (including media), which seems you endorse, shouldn't other countries have a pull too considering our imperialistic foreign policy?

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If he's fine with that why not just murder your political opposition?

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

It’s like color by numbers, the logic that leads some to see a story like this and think they are on to something.

So yeah, it was the Russians. About 17 intelligence agencies said so.

Not google. Not some random Clinton voter exposed controversy.

I like the innocuous “someone should look into this” approach.

He should have said it affected 60 Gavillionty Seven votes. It would have seemed more accurate.

AleksandarN and mdrowe00 like this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

The irony of course is the Trump campaign had a more sophisticated use of the media, the data, and how to target people. The other irony of course is that Russia, wanted an anti imperialist candidate. I wonder if China wants an anti imperialist US too?

#27 dmoneybangbang, Sep 8, 2019
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Hey at least these people now think people can be influenced. I swear I heard that wasn’t possible or completely insignificant. But wait, it’s still only possible if it’s google. Lol.

And yes, wait till you have AI v2 doing the targeting.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Meanwhile...

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/04/canada-foreign-election-meddling-1698209

Unlike U.S., Canada plans coordinated attack on foreign election interference
    Ahead of the October election, Canada finds itself on the front lines of the war on disinformation and hacking.

Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election rattled America’s next-door neighbor so badly that Canada spent the last three years developing the most detailed plan anywhere in the Western world to combat foreign meddling in its upcoming election.

Canada also has pushed social media companies to clamp down on political ads.

Platforms including Facebook have become central to how political messaging circulates in 21st century politics, and despite efforts to force groups to be more upfront about what ads they show on social media, vast numbers of political messages still reach voters with little, if any, oversight.

In response, the Trudeau government passed a law that took effect in mid-June demanding that Facebook, Google and other online publishers create an independent registry for people buying political ads accessible to all voters. It also requires any buyer of political ads to make transactions through a Canadian bank account used solely for this purpose — an effort to stop foreign actors from buying political ads ahead of October.

These efforts go further than what is now required in the U.S., where voluntary transparency registers by social media companies often haven’t provided a clear picture on political advertising. Ahead of next year’s U.S. vote, Facebook updated its rules on which groups could buy political ads, including requiring people to submit their mailing address and other personal information to confirm their identities.

Deckard likes this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Oh they would feel that way and probably rightfully so.

The idea of free and fair election is based on hard fight ugly dirty elections by candidates that ultimately are doing what they think is in the best interest of the US, however wrong they maybe. Other countries don’t care about our best interest but their thus we keep them out, or we used to.

foh likes this.
  11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Wait. What? A trump supporter telling people they are being manipulated. Lol. This has to be the funniest thing I have ever read in my life.

Sweet Lou 4 2, Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lol u funny. I typed the words to a topic you wanted validation over a few posts ago...Now, I'm "trying hard". :(

It must be tough trying to stay in your own topic.

What are you trying to tell us mick? Did bigtexxx fall down the well?

Deckard likes this.
  13. mick fry

mick fry Member

When did I veer off topic? You were the one trying to paint Epstein as some loon. Again all you have to do is admit this could be a serious problem and yet you won’t. Why is that? Hmmmmm.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I never said he was a loon. His facts are selective and he doesn’t use numbers a scientist like him would use for research. He posted his white paper on his website rather than to a research pub.

Why would I admit his accusations are true when he does that?

Reading beyond a tweet is try hard work, but I already mentioned tech has a lot of “creepy” power. It’s just no one can confirm his accusations with real training and stats.

You wanted someone to see if he was right. How about spending a little try hard time to see if it’s true for yourself instead of watching YouTube documentaries?

Sweet Lou 4 2, Deckard and foh like this.
  15. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

What serious problem is that?. His findings were not peer reviewed nor was it posted in any scientific journals. If you don’t think that matters then there is something wrong with you. It looks like you are trying too hard to convince people that trump was voted by the majority. First trump and his followers said that millions voted illegally. Now we get this. Just admit Trump was not voted by the majority of the country

#35 AleksandarN, Sep 8, 2019
    Deckard likes this.
  16. mick fry

mick fry Member

I could care less if the majority voted for Trump the fact is he won and your party has cried like a bunch of p*****s ever since, I’m more concerned with where we are going where a handful of big techs can determine the election rather than the will of the people.

17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Yeah who cares about the Russians interfering with the elections. Who cares about scientific reviewed evidence. Funny that you believe in a study that was neither peer reviewed nor published in any academic journal than the whole intelligence community.

Deckard likes this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Are you afraid of the Internet? Do you really believe subliminal messaging can mind-control the Will of the People? People in the 50’s did, too.

We have flat out Fake News running rampant on the Internet, and you are afraid of Google’s auto-suggest feature.

I hope these scare tactics of Senator Cruz don’t influence the voting will of the people with fear.

Deckard, RayRay10 and foh like this.
  19. mick fry

mick fry Member

I’m sorry I thought we already dedicated a damn near 500 page thread to Russian conspiracy that went nowhere.

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

It’s not subliminal it’s manipulation of weak minded people and playing them like fiddle. Look at the faux outrage the media has created over the past 3 years and the people who fell in line.