1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

White Supremacy, Racism and the great hoax

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Aug 7, 2019.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

A good number of them are racists - that's just a fact.

They can scream to high heaven about not being, but by their actions they are....and they are supporting one in the White House.

DD

3. CometsWin

He's been a racist probably longer than you've been alive.

Xenon and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trump is a racist - that is a FACT.

DD

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am guessing @cml750 won't address this. When backed into a corner, he will choose to ignore, pretend it doesn't exist and make non-specific claims about you being in an echo chamber.

He won't address the facts. The truth appears to be something that he just isn't ready to face regarding a few issues. Perhaps it is too difficult to come to terms with what that would mean. I don't know.

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It isn't Democrats coming up with the idea that he's a racist. It's racists themselves who have called him and his remarks racist. They have openly said they support him because of his racism.

Just look up what the 'fine people' at GoyTalk and the Daily Stormer have said about him.

Do you deny that the El Paso shooter used the same rhetoric regarding immigrants as Trump?

7. cml750

cml750 Member

Did I even comment on the statue itself? All I commented on was pointing out that Trump did not call neo-Nazis and White Nationalist "fine people". I offered no opinion on the statue itself and whether it should have come down. Some people there were protesting against it coming down but they were not part of the crazies that were there and others were there supporting it coming down and were not part of the crazies on either side. Those two groups are the ones Trump called fine people. He condemned the idiots. .

8. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

If you understood the corruption in gaming licenses based on 'native american ancestry' you would understand.
    Its a massive scam.

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yet, as has been pointed out, they decided to attend a march that was organized by white supremacists. The people who filed for the application were white supremacists. The people did not abandon the march when antisemitic chants started. They did not try and stop those chants or take any kind of moral stand at all. They were not 'very fine people'. That is true even if they didn't or don't subscribe to neo-Nazi ideology.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It doesn't excuse his decades of racist actions and speech.

11. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Do you blame Bernie Sanders for his supporter shooting Republican congressmen?

Even though I disagree with Bernie's ideas I don't blame Bernie and its stupid to do so.
    Extremists on either side are nutjobs. But blaming someone for what a nutjob did is
    really silly.

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Did the shooter of those Republicans use the same language as Bernie to describe Republicans? Did Bernie supporters say to shoot Republicans in order to stop them and Bernie smiled/laughed and do nothing about it?

Do you blame extremist Islam for what some nutjobs do when they scream out Islamic chants as they carry out terrorism?

13. cml750

cml750 Member

I guess just hold onto the hate if it makes you feel better? I guess pretending Trump is racist even if you have to make up crap out of thin air to show it somehow makes you happy? I have no desire to argue any farther on something where you want to take a stance completely devoid of reality. You did the same thing with the Russia conspiracy / hoax and now have egg on your face for it. Perhaps after Trump wins reelection in 2020 you will accept reality?

BruceAndre likes this.
  14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

In 1989, Trump took a full page ad out calling for the death penalty for black children who were being charged with crimes they never committed. They were coerced into their confessions, falsely imprisoned, exonerated by DNA evidence, and released.

Given a chance to take back his statements as recently as this year:

“You have people on both sides of that,” he said at the White House. “They admitted their guilt.”

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Not even comparable. Unlike our mistake-in-chief, Bernie does not goad his supporters into violent action.

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

So using his actual words and actions is making things out of thin air?

17. cml750

cml750 Member

Taking them out of context does.

18. cml750

cml750 Member

I love how it drives the left crazy not knowing why most Christians support Trump. It shows they have little understanding how god has used imperfect people to drive his will forever. King David was an adulterer and a murderer, Moses was a murderer, Noah was a drunk, Rahab was a prostitute, etc.... There has only been one perfect person who ever walked this earth and he was killed for all of our sins. So keep on wondering why we support Trump while he keeps on doing what he promised he would do.

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

It’s God’s will.
    Grab em by the p***y

BruceAndre likes this.
  20. CometsWin

Deflection, check.