1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump's nativist/racist tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 14, 2019.

1. dmoneybangbang

I think it's universal that people would rather blame some external factor than themselves. "Old America" has this catch 22 culture where they don't want help but they need help. Ole' Reagan was a true politician; he told the US the government was the problem and then proceeded to engage in historic government spending on the military and infrastructure.

Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

hate speech isn't really definable or something you can limit in free and open societies because in order to think and express ideas you need to be able to risk being offensive. Hate speech has a different meaning for different people so good luck legislating it fairly without limiting free speech.

BruceAndre likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

First, if Trump really isn’t racist, but is using racism to be divisive; I would argue that is even worse.

The reality is that it can be both... his statements can be disgusting and also politically shrewd... and that is something Trump is very capable of doing.

I suppose it should be it’s own separate thread but Trump can politically benefit from his statements.

RayRay10 and edwardc like this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Very true and let that be a warning shot that this is a man that will do literally anything for power and is shrewd enough to do what nobody else will and not even blink. Even if he isn’t racist in his heart he’s willing to play one on TV for the sole purpose of power.

What does that tell us about where we are going moving forward??? A lot actually. What does that tell you about what would happen if Trump loses in 2020? It’s so obvious at this point.

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  5. edwardc

edwardc Member

When he loses in 2020 he going to jail if Pelosi has her way .

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Yeah, you really need to pay attention next time.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Boom. The Dems fell right into Trump’s trap. These four ladies are now the face of the Democratic Party.

BruceAndre likes this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What on earth are you talking about? Whether something is hate speech or not has nothing to do with free speech nor legislation.

If you say something hateful it is hate speech. This has nothing to do with censorship. It has to do with hate.

Let's be clear - Trump has a right to be a racist and say racist things. But coming from the POTUS - his words has tremendous impact. Make no mistake - minorities will be killed for what he said. Violence against foreigners will increase as racists become more embolden.

@bigtexxx Trump has blood on his hands.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump made nativist/racist comments towards four liberal congresswoman for "not loving America." Told them if they are not happy here, they should go back to their countries (never mind their countries were America).

I wonder if trump would tell donald trump (in 2013 and 2014) to go back to his country? Maybe he should go back to russia since he is so close to putin?

Donald Trump Praised Putin For Bashing The Term “American Exceptionalism” In 2013 “It’s very insulting and Putin really put it to him about that.”
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...aised-putin-for-bashing-the-term-american-exc

Trump In 2014: "American Exceptionalism" Is "A Very Dangerous Term To Use"
    "Well, I think it’s a very dangerous term in one way. Because I heard Putin saying, 'Who do they think they are, saying they’re exceptional?'"
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...merican-exceptionalism-is-a-very-dangerous-te

adoo likes this.
  10. adoo

adoo Member

if i remember my US history,
    Reagan also used the power of the Gov't to grant amnesty to qualified undocumented residents,
    those who have not committed crime and lived in the US / paid taxes continuously for longer 10 years.
    Several millions qualified and were granted amnesty.

Citizen Trump went berserk, placing 3-pg ad on NYT that called for Reagan's impeachment.
    despite that, no one asked this POTUS-hater to go back to the country of his ancestors.​

#310 adoo, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Deckard likes this.
  11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I understand that mentality quite well as I have friends and family ranging from all over Texas be it Galveston, Rockport, S. Padre, Corpus Christi, Lampasas, Copperas Cove, Texarkana, Ft. Worth, Dallas, Temple, El Paso, Eagle Pass, Laredo, Houston, New Braunfels, Dublin (great sodas), San Marcos, San Antonio, and Big Spring just off the top of my head. Visited these places as recently as the past two years and am all too familiar with the rhetoric spoken.

The common sentiment among the struggling conservative folk I know, is don't give me a handout, give me a job so that I may be able to support myself and loved ones. I get that. I believe that is what is preferred from the U.S. Government long before Trump came into office, as more people on unemployment or filing for bankruptcy means more of a bill for the U.S. Government itself where it must seize more taxes from the likely disgruntled remaining working class to make up for the extra expenditures. It makes the most sense for the most possible Americans to have jobs where they can sustain themselves and their loved ones, not only for Americans, but the U.S. government as well. More jobs also means more taxes collected which again is a benefit to the budget of the U.S. Government and in theory to it's very citizens assuming that budget is well spent on things that meets the most number of American's needs.

I just don't get how conservatives can claim Trump is fulfilling the goals of giving people in the rust belt job opportunities beyond your $12/hr Walmart or HEB greeting jobs in a population of 1,000+ like Lampasas that existed before he came into office. I can recall friends in Lampasas making a big deal about a Schlotzky's opening up in town. Not exactly high wage factory jobs or a sign of a booming economic change entering these small towns. Yet this is primarily where I notice Trump supporters in most abundance. Kind people by the way. Just, I don't understand the mentality that supporting Trump will better their lives.

I've failed to see it across my struggling friends, yet some still cling to this Trump ideology, while applying for SNAP when years earlier, they had no need for government assistance. Or requiring maternity government assistance to cover the expenses of raising a fetus to full term and then of course delivering the baby. All expenses covered by the state government thankfully. Just assistance they didn't need years earlier. Also forced to relocate from Austin to Copperas Cove because of rising property taxes (as their wages stagnated) to the benefit of private businesses bribed to locate there like Samsung. I just don't understand the ardent support from close friends and family of mine that support Trump despite seeing their living conditions worsen in spite of him. Just empty lip service and divisive rhetoric towards people of color.

You would think if the guy you support lies everyday, he might very well be lying to you as well, and play you for a sucker as you point fingers at some boogeyman that played no part in you having a worse quality of life. Perhaps the worsened conditions are instead systemic based on a faulty economic model that benefits those with vast wealth already and does little to help those paycheck to paycheck. Systemic issues which Trump does nothing to help, but instead profits off of, at the expense of Americans, Trump supporters included. But I digress.

I also would agree that neither party has done much to help these small towns in finding better economic prosperity. But in a day and age where cities are outbidding each other so private companies like Amazon can build factories under the guise of job creation, small towns like your Big Spring and Lampasas will continue to be left in the dust and relegated to farm work, CDL truck driving, law enforcement, working at Walmart or taking drive-thru orders for McDonald's. But that again would be discussing something systemic which discourages companies from considering factories in these less densely populated areas. Or introducing job training through affordable mediums like community colleges that put stronger emphasis on jobs that have the most need of being filled that provide upward mobility like sectors in IT or healthcare in these less densely populated towns.

Deckard, RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Didn’t know Pelosi was going to be the next attorney general.

Our judicial system makes it nearly impossible to indict a former president. Even if you had substantial evidence of a crime there’s virtually no way to find a jury who will all have the ability to forgo any personal political leanings. The crime you charge them with would have to be beyond substantial.

It is highly likely that if Trump loses and decides to not try and stay by using the military, he could pardon himself or resigns before the inauguration and has Mike Pence issue a broad pardon for any crimes.

What is probably the most likely though would be obstruction of justice charges to Trump DOJ officials and any other officials that covered up crimes during Trumps admin or kept prosecutors from completing investigations. That’s what is most likely and likely will never get to a point where Trump is still alive before freedom of information act documents are finally released that shed light on what Trump was really wrapped up in and how far the obstruction went under Bill Barr’s DOJ.

What scares me though is that Trump just doesn’t care and will try anything to stay in power. If you think he’s leaving the office quietly then you haven’t been paying attention.

#312 dobro1229, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  13. edwardc

edwardc Member

I Mueller shows up and tells if he found any clear proof that 45 obstructed then no matter what Barr's DOJ will not be able to stop impeachment process from starting .

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

maybe he changed his mind.

15. foh

foh Member

And GOP is clearly the party of nationalists/xenophobes now after their leader proclaims: "if you happen to look foreign and say something that we deem as unpatriotic (aka 'nasty', 'disgusting'), we will throw you out to where your ancestors came from"

Good for you and the Russian bots - the source for this divisive, xenophobic and traitorous nonsense that Trump went ahead and plagiarized (or worse, was spoon fed by his handlers) to excite people like you with.

#315 foh, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  16. foh

foh Member

If I'd ask you to describe what Trump stands for, there is probably going to be a tweet out there by him that would disprove every single statement that you'd try to describe his with.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

probably.... the man does frequently appear to condradict. Is not the first politician like this.

18. NewRoxFan

trump wakes up with a new series of vile tweets attacking the four Democratic congresswomen...

19. NewRoxFan

Another of the few republicans that are criticizing trump's racist tweets...

GOP Gov. Baker Calls Trump's Tweet Attacks On Dem Congresswomen 'Shameful, Racist'
    https://www.wbur.org/news/2019/07/15/baker-republican-trump-tweets-pressley

adoo likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

trump's delicate ears complaining about the use of the F word... of course, except when he is using it (its cool and edgy then).