1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How the alt-right is radicalizing American youth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Jun 8, 2019.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Amazing how you just ignore actual evidence lol.

I think the point brought up in another thread is pretty good regarding this.

If these were ISIS videos, not many people would go "We must protect their free speech." no one would bat an eye although their speech is the same speech as White Genocide race conspiracy theories. They both radicalize online and both use the very same tactics.

CometsWin likes this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Conservatives have gone so far over the edge that their political speech often coincides with hate speech and they just don't recognize it because they're just that hateful.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There is a lot of this, especially towards Muslims. It's like it's just normal to say these things for some. With the Alt-right a lot of people were generally confused at what's so reprehensible about what they represent.

As if...maybe Richard Spencer is right! Maybe we can 'peacefully' remove non-whites out of America and maybe this is just a normal idea that we should just discuss normally! I have no idea why people are so outraged over this. Why can't we just discuss it?

CometsWin likes this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If it wasn't YouTube it would be something else. Kids that age are searching and sometimes they get caught in the wrong thing.

The world isnt turning racist cause of Trump or whatever. Its an overplayed subject

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You shouldn't click. I'd hate to see you learn something and start posting more intelligently.

See above

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

It is fascinating right?

If Muslims posted this kind of stuff - word for word - the right would see it as evil and that they should be arrested and kicked out of the country. But when it's alt-right folks saying the exact same thing - it's free speech and the left is being "PC"

Look at how people like @dachuda86 and @Astrodome respond to this. It really does show the extent they have bias and aren't even aware of how they are coming across.

#26 Sweet Lou 4 2, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

FIFY

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I opened incognito to read it. Its not backed up ny numbers. Its not that many kids becoming nazis

Hard to have conversations with you and your arrogance

You dont know what tje **** i read. Good lord

Edit: the article is along ass anecdote

#28 pgabriel, Jun 9, 2019
  9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You're acting very smarty-pants for someone who simply posted a link from the NYT. Irony: posting a link and then accusing others of "regurgitation."

Take your own advice, or no? "Don't believe everything you are reading. . . ."

#29 sirbaihu, Jun 9, 2019
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Arrogance? You mean like the arrogance of dismissing the article as "boys will be boys" and that there is no way content on youtube is radicalizing American youth? BUT!!!! It's totally possible ISIS can use twitter to radicalize people!

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

He has a personal vendetta against me and has been trolling every post I make on this BBS. I suggest you not get involved.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yikes!
    If you're the guy who once called me an anti-semite, I'll be glad to rip you a new *******.

So about the irony of posting links and then accusing others of "regurgitation" . . .

You regurgitated. Gross.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Clearly you have past issues with me. I generally don't criticize the person but rather what they said, so is it possible I said what you wrote was anti semitic? Without context I can't comment further.

I read the whole article and gave my commentary - so I disagree that it was regurgitation ala what os does. It's a good article that gives a genuine look into how young people are being radicalized through social media. It centers around someone who was in fact radicalized - which is an actual proof point.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

About your regurgitation. . . .
    You post a link, write one sentence; it is not commentary. You take for granted the regurgitation is 100% true and even extend the truth of your regurgitation all the way to ISIS and Al Qaeda, yoga master.

Zero critical analysis of the NYT by you. Other posters have processed the article more objectively than you. Un-critical readers and regurgitators like you are part of the problem.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

My point is they dont have numbers

More arrogance
    I didn't day boys will be boys. I said kids that age are searching for an identity and if they aren't radicalized on YouTube it can happen somewhere else. I dont want censorship on YouTube. Its a slippery slope

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If YouTube starts censoring hate speech should they also censor gangster rap

More black kids killimg folks than any group

JumpMan and Os Trigonum like this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Where exactly did I "regurgitate"?

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What kind of numbers do you need to dispel that radicalization is not happening through social media? Do you deny it is happening? Do you also deny that ISIS and other groups do not use social media to radicalize young men? There are no numbers there so please tell me how you resolve that.

Also, the article no where states any kind of support for censorship - so why are you even bringing that up? That's why I think you haven't read it because you keep stating things that aren't in the article. No one in this thread is suggesting censorship either. Why are you bringing in a different topic that isn't related to the discussion thread?

Maybe you should stop trying to label people or things as arrogant and actually try to make germane statements?

19. cml750

cml750 Member

Actually the right leaning people have only made a slight shift to the right while the left have made an EXTREME shift to the left. Given so many of you have made such an extreme left shift, it skews your view of right leaning people making them seem farther right than they actually are. If we are standing two feet from each other and I take one step to the right and you take ten steps to the left, I am much farther to the right of you but that is only because you moved a much farther distance than I did. The farther shift to the left has come with more and more pc bullcrap to the point that the left labels most anything they disagree with "hate speech".

[​IMG]

#39 cml750, Jun 9, 2019
    BruceAndre, dachuda86 and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Stfu about me not reading. Im bringing up censorship cause that would be the logical leap.

Yes i need numbers to know if its signicant because i don't think it is